Sony Catalog Wave (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: November 23, 2014
Price: $14.99
Units: 800 per title (some exceptions)
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: 14 titles total, NO Inside art
Article with PICS: https://www.hidefninja.com/2014/11/16/sony-pop-art-steelbook-wave-at-futureshop/

Best Buy USA have this wave but in larger quantities.
1-7-jpg.105244

8-14-jpg.105245
Titles:
Das Boot
Desperado
District 9
Dr Strangelove
Easy Rider- 100 units only (WEB ONLY) SOLD-OUT!
Kung Fu Hustle
Leon the Professional
Snatch
Stripes- 100 Units only (WEB ONLY) SOLD-OUT!
Superbad
Taxi Driver
The Fifth Element
The Karate Kid (1984)
Tommy

Direct purchase links:
SPINE PIC
SPA21.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Drum18, are still doing a GB for the Sony Wave? I cant seem to find it.
Yup, GB is still active.
The only reason you don't see it is because you need 20 posts (non-spammy) to get access to our GB/Trading zone.

Take the time to discover our wonderful forums and then, you'll be able to join the GB ;)

November is going to be expensive :(
I like the artwork for all the titles even though they are wildly inconsistent in style. I've preordered 10 of them. I skipped on Das Boot, Stripes, Easy Rider and Stragelove. Not a big fan of Stripes and Easy Rider films, Das Boot is a great film that I don't see myself ever watching again and I already own Strangelove on Blu and needed an excuse not to spend more $$$. I would have skipped Tommy based on the film but it's my fav art of this release so I had to go for it.

Reactions: digitalbabe
The backs are not great IMO. A few alright ones. Fifth element is just the bottom left police car on the front zoomed in and a few of them are lazy. Taxi driver and Superbad look ok and kinda like the leon back its just a repeat of the front. Gone off a few of these. Interested in what Dr strangelove back looks like

Okay, now that I have seen the rear art as well for the Karate Kid I am actually seriously thinking about cancelling my order, despite the fact I love the movie. The price is fine but come on, where are the main characters?...very amateurish.

@dfoles sorry about that, thank you for finding the back cover art! Sorry it has been a long day
@snooloui you are no longer thanked for that, but you are thanked for creating the individual threads

Last edited:
Reactions: dfoles
i really like the artworks of almost all these steelbooks!
especially when compared to the (imo.) horrible "iconic (f)art" wave.

this sony wave looks classy imo. great design ideas, and i also like the idea of the zoom of details on the back art.
massive thanks to @Drum18 for the GB, i'm in for the half of them.

Reactions: Shanester