Sony Catalog Wave (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: November 23, 2014
Price: $14.99
Units: 800 per title (some exceptions)
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: 14 titles total, NO Inside art
Article with PICS: https://www.hidefninja.com/2014/11/16/sony-pop-art-steelbook-wave-at-futureshop/

Best Buy USA have this wave but in larger quantities.
1-7-jpg.105244

8-14-jpg.105245
Titles:
Das Boot
Desperado
District 9
Dr Strangelove
Easy Rider- 100 units only (WEB ONLY) SOLD-OUT!
Kung Fu Hustle
Leon the Professional
Snatch
Stripes- 100 Units only (WEB ONLY) SOLD-OUT!
Superbad
Taxi Driver
The Fifth Element
The Karate Kid (1984)
Tommy

Direct purchase links:
SPINE PIC
SPA21.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Went into two local Futureshops today. Neither had any of the Steelbooks on display despite them being announced in their weekly flyer - had to ask for them. I already received 3 I had ordered in the mail but the j-card on my Fifth Element had been inserted upside down and I don't plan on opening it, and after some indecision I picked up Das Boot as well.

Got to 2 stores today... one had 5/14 on display... the other none... BUT they had the signage up advertising it...

Sunday release... never a good idea...

Got to 2 stores today... one had 5/14 on display... the other none... BUT they had the signage up advertising it...

Sunday release... never a good idea...
I'm seeing a pattern recently. They never have catalogue releases out on shelf on most FS stores. I get some sort of excuse when I ask them. If today is the release day, shouldn't they be getting it couple of days ahead so they have time to sort and put them out on the shelf? They told me to come back tomorrow, but little did they know I'm not gonna have time tomorrow *sigh* :squint:

my preorder says "out of stock" WTF is that about?
If you have ordered any of those 7 titles, seems like they (FS.ca) didn't get them yet...
District 9
Dr Strangelove
Easy Rider
Kung Fu Hustle
Snatch
Stripes
Taxi Driver

They'll get them sooner or later.. don't you worry...

Snagged the last copy of 5th Element at my local FS today and got the free Superbad poster as well..

View attachment 117785 View attachment 117786
Most of the stores I've been today (6) had NO IDEA what I was talking about... they didn't had the steels on display for most of them... and let's not talk about that poster.... ishhh....

At least now ALL my orders from FS.ca have been charged/processed... finally....
Future Shop... PLEASE never get a Sunday release again... PLEASE!

Reactions: stinkofdefeat