PS4 Sony Steelbooks Annoying Trend

Robsonmonkey

Premium Supporter
Apr 25, 2013
I was saying this on another thread and I just wanted to make a new thread so I wouldn't derail the other one.

I just wanted to know if anyone else finds this annoying with Sony Steelbooks. They always include the "PS4" logo like three times on the steelbook and sometimes they will also include "Only on Playstation" on the otherside which ruins the overall steelbook.

It's not the end of the world I know but it's annoying when some steelbooks have beautiful artwork. I mean I can kind of get over the EU steelbooks have a boring plain game title on the spine but this is on a completely different level.

The example here is only with the logo, not the "Only on Playstation" line which usually ruins the other side of the steelbook but it's just to show my point

I've even seen them do Steelbooks with slipcases where they also include the "PS4" logo stuff on that but also put it on the steelbook again making the slipcase feel pointless.

I wish there was a way to get Sony from doing this

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think #2 is fine (at least for me)

If they used a slipcover like Until Dawn then the front PS4 would be ok, but no they slapped the logo on the steelbook :stop:

I think #2 is fine (at least for me)

If they used a slipcover like Until Dawn then the front PS4 would be ok, but no they slapped the logo on the steelbook :stop:

Oh yeah #2 is fine, I just pointed it out because it adds to the number of times it hey do it

I'd be fine if it was just on the back

Yes, very annoying... especially when it's on the front! It makes sense to put one on the spine, but if they insist on placing it over the artwork, then they should at least print it on one of the clear slips like they've previously done on a few occasions.

Yes, very annoying... especially when it's on the front! It makes sense to put one on the spine, but if they insist on placing it over the artwork, then they should at least print it on one of the clear slips like they've previously done on a few occasions.

The thing is sometimes they do slips....YET

image.jpg

Could it be....

image.jpg

Nope ¬¬

Maybe it's an PS4 exclusive thing...
I got the Until Dawn steelbook and it got the PS4 Logo on it too.

All other releases which are not exclusive to the PS4 are logo free....as far as I know...

Maybe it's an PS4 exclusive thing...
I got the Until Dawn steelbook and it got the PS4 Logo on it too.

All other releases which are not exclusive to the PS4 are logo free....as far as I know...

Oh yeah it's just Sony for some strange reason, it's been happening since the PS3 days.

All the multiplatform games, even exclusive Microsoft games do not plaster their logos all over the steelbook

This seems to be a EU-only thing, just like the plastic slipcovers. In NA, we never have 'PS4' all over the SteelBooks, and we never get slipcovers. It's very strange.

This seems to be a EU-only thing, just like the plastic slipcovers. In NA, we never have 'PS4' all over the SteelBooks, and we never get slipcovers. It's very strange.

I thought as much because I've bought a few US Steelbooks for the PS and they are better in quality

Title on spine is the actual logo of the game

There's always a nice/different finish on the Steelbook

Embossed front

No PS4 logo plastered everywhere

I wonder if it's because of the fact we are part of Europe and it's cheaper for them to do it the way they do. Hopefully something comes of us leaving Europe lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I thought as much because I've bought a few US Steelbooks for the PS and they are better in quality

Title on spine is the actual logo of the game

There's always a nice/different finish on the Steelbook

Embossed front

No PS4 logo plastered everywhere

I wonder if it's because of the fact we are part of Europe and it's cheaper for them to do it the way they do. Hopefully something comes of us leaving Europe lol.

Yeah, it's very peculiar. Every now and then, there's winners that pop up over there that we don't get, though (e.g. the PS 20th Anniversary SteelBook, The Last of Us Remastered).

Yeah, it's very peculiar. Every now and then, there's winners that pop up over there that we don't get, though (e.g. the PS 20th Anniversary SteelBook, The Last of Us Remastered).

I never understand that in general

I get films doing it with films usually being more spread out because of more studios, rights and region differences while doing bluray and DVD but if a game gets a steelbook exclusive to Canada or Germany then everyone should have the chance to get it. Smash Bros U in Canada, Tomb Raider/Skyrim in Germany, Uncharted 3 in the US

The worst part is when a CE of a game doesn't include a steelbook but they do them either a a country exclusive or they only have them a pre order bonus

If you have a steelbook then have it in all collectors editions

Ni no Kuni. Beautiful CE

- The UK version was dumbed down and had the soundtrack and gold coin removed from it despite us paying the same if not more.

- While America had a steelbook as part of a pre order bonus but not included in the CE

See how we have so many annoying trends. It shouldn't be like this.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon