May 30, 2014
Release date: 19th of October, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi - Live Sep 20, 2015 18:00 UK time
Price: £14.99
Note: Limited to 1000 copies

11164657-2844322249447457.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MRD and paulboland
It possible going by some recent reports that the discs in all 55th Anniversary releases made in europe have a mistake admitted by Universal

Universal Pictures has just confirmed that the old master was pressed accidentally from the 2010 (50th Anniversary) to the new discs (55th Anniversary) in the manufacturing process,

I dont have a link to the report yet were Universal admit this mistake but I'm awaiting this

Note
USA/Canada 55th Anniversary releases was not affected as they were not made in Europe and they have the correct disc

I hope they delay now all the releases in europe and press new correct discs to put inside 55th anniversary releases to avoid having all customers having to ask for replacement discs

Dont be surprised to see a delay with release date or be listed as sold out not available soon

I don't mind a delay and have to wait for new discs be pressed as it is messy to have to look for replacement discs

I hope they delay now all the releases in europe and press new correct discs to put inside 55th anniversary releases to avoid having all customers having to ask for replacement discs

Dont be surprised to see a delay with release date or be listed as sold out not available soon
The german release was post-poned, so I'm guessing Universal is indeed going about replacing those discs. :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
My debit card not been charged yet might because I used a limited 10% discount code
Zavvi sometimes for whatever reasons delay charging and shipping of some orders when you use a certain type of discount code
Which in my case was this type of code

I expect though my debit card will be charged tomorrow or next day and shipped sometime after as that is what usually happens

It's the restored version. All the features match the blurb and all the features clearly say 2015 at the end of each feature. . So it's the new one. I think the confusion comes from the disc saying on the inner circle packaging 2010. But the disc contents are clearly new and that looks to me the restored version.
And the exclusive features are on my copy. That is the Kirk Douglas conversation and restoring Spartacus which is only on this disc.

I appreciate your comments above - it's just that if something is re-mastered in 4K that information should be printed somewhere on the j-card/partial slip in the same way as it is printed on Amaray slipcovers or in the case of Arrow Films for example on the wraparound data sheet.

Good to hear it's the 2015 Restored edition, I'm considering this release, I wonder how long it will be around for, not a big print.

It's the restored version. All the features match the blurb and all the features clearly say 2015 at the end of each feature. . So it's the new one. I think the confusion comes from the disc saying on the inner circle packaging 2010. But the disc contents are clearly new and that looks to me the restored version.
And the exclusive features are on my copy. That is the Kirk Douglas conversation and restoring Spartacus which is only on this disc.

Awesome. Any pics of the steelbook, or ...?

For some reason I can't post pictures here, I always get an error but the steelbook is great and a lot better than people might think

Could be your image file size is too big for the forum, I have to edit my images at times, also so they don't slow down threads too much.

I'd say my post will now get people snapping up the zavvi pressing. There is no mistake my copy is 100% the correct disc.

Yeah I think I'll go for it, I may regret it later if it sells out.