May 30, 2014
Release date: 19th of October, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi - Live Sep 20, 2015 18:00 UK time
Price: £14.99
Note: Limited to 1000 copies

11164657-2844322249447457.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MRD and paulboland
I can't be bothered with this anymore, I still haven't had this shipped, so I have cancelled, I don't know what zavvi's game is but it's losing.....

It's still up for order...

Of course, it could be that someone at zavvi got wind of the German screw up with the old discs and stopped sending these out to check the stock, but we have known since at least Thursday last week this release is OK....:cautious:

I say it more to do with members using a recent link provided by HDN members and a recent 10% discount code you used with this link for the discount code to work

It's sort of noticeable as members who did not use the discount code had their orders despatched while those that did use this type of discount code some have been left waiting for their order of this steelbook and other different steelbooks to be despatched

Note
These orders are still despatched but are later than members who did not use the discount code

Recently it is happening more often than before when a link and discount code was used by some members and is usually the same link and discount code
Its strange as it dont happen as far as I know with members who did not use these type of discount code

I expect my order for this steelbook payment will be taken on Monday and will be despatched on Mon or Tue and that is exactly what happened just recently with some previous pre orders were I used a similar type of discount code

Not sure why Zavvi do this as they still take payment anyway and despatch your order even though it is later than members who did not use the discount code had their orders despatched

Example
My order not dispatched yet ? asked did you use a discount code and every time the answer is yes :LOL:
Then a few days later your order gets dispatched
If this is just Coincidence then its very regular remarkable concurrence of events

Last edited:
Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
Not had a dispatch email for this, Blues Brothers, Lawrence of Arabia, or Dracula and the release date for all should be tomorrow. I've noticed recently that Zavvi haven't been dispatching as early as normal. Despite that hate for Zavvi they've actually been really good for me. Think I'm gonna regret saying that... :ohno:

Still waiting for thd dispatch email as well. Zavvi are normally better than this
Did you use the link posted in HDN price drop thread on 25th/26th Sept with 10% discount code WELCOME346 on your order

If yes I expect your order payment will be taken and despatched from Mon/Tue

Last edited:
So , is this glossy or matte?

I forgot to mention when posting earlier about the restoration business that :-
This is a matte steelbook with a sheen applied to the revolting slaves around Spartacus to make them more noticeable against the VERY DULL brown background - I wouldn't have minded just a touch of blue in the sky as this steel is just TOO BROWN !).
Spot-glossing to the metalwork on the horse's bridle as well as on the handle of the sword and most noticeably to the studs and decorative bosses on Spartacus's leather straps and clothing.
No 'bossing of any kind.

No dispatch notice here yet either, but never mind... I saved them a job and cancelled my order. Will either wait for a price drop or just order from Amazon.it as I originally planned.

Reactions: rodtp
Debit Card also just been charged
Not sure why Zavvi do this are they hoping we cancel and reorder at the dearer price :LOL::rofl:

Should we rename these type of Discount Codes to Delayed Release Date Discount Code :rofl:

Glad I will be getting my steelbook but I don't see the point of delaying your order

Cancelled mine would prefer a
Paths of Glory steelbook

The perfect title for a top class Eureka Masters of Cinema steelbook or even one of their excellent dual format clear white Amaray editions :thumbs:
They're releasing a couple of my personal favourites later this year ("Seconds" and "A New Leaf") so it would be really great if they made it a hat-trick and did "Paths of Glory" as well :happy:

Reactions: Travis Bickle
I'm about 80% certain I cancelled this but it's on its way now - as well as the Italian Amazon version being sent early. Amazon pushed about 5 preorders forwards from November :dead: