Montreal
Release date: 22nd February, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk
Price: £21.99 - £19.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I refuse to believe that's the final artwork...I mean it looks so much like TBA art

How to do you go from this...
81K6jQDclVL._SL500_.jpg

To this

71tqw1s6oqL._SL500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Before we ridicule this image and put it down as a superior rip-off of the "Face/Off" steelbook artwork or as a random image with no significance and nothing more than a bullet hole with weird shaped glass shatter I feel that aspects of this image could be considered:-
Firstly, it's shape is very similar to the official SPECTRE octopus logo with its eight blade-like tentacles.
Secondly, my preferred poster artwork, this time with Bond in the background, and with the same SPECTRE logo disguised as shattered glass, reminds me of the universally famous title sequence intros on nearly all of the Bond films.
Granted, it's an outside-the-box notion and a flight of fancy as there is no gun barrel camera angle or sheet of blood dropping down over the scene, but nevertheless . . .

Last edited:
Is that what the title card for Spectre looks like? I haven't had a chance to go see the movie yet so I don't know. But it looks like this is supposed to match up with the Steelbooks based on the opening title sequences released earlier this year, especially since the inside art matches up with those.

Still hideous though.

Following on from post No.85 - If you had the choice of 'bullet hole' front artwork which one would you have chosen ?
JB1.jpg
JB2.jpg

Last edited:
Following on from post No.85 - If you had the choice of 'bullet hole' front artwork which one would you have chosen ?
View attachment 201753 View attachment 201754

Still can't work out what your point is!!
The pic with bond looks worse than the artwork showing on Amazon.

The artwork showing is not bad but would prefer something to match skyfall In terms of artwork not just a black cover with a bullet hole resembling an octopus ( which does look cool but maybe keep it on the back)

And i can't believe I just read through how the classic/standard title screen work with bond shooting the screen!!!!

Reactions: Punker76
As has already been pointed out by one of the most senior members on this forum the choice of steelbook artwork is very limited and governed by factors unknown to me.

If the artwork HAD to be the 'bullet hole' artwork I still feel that the pale grey poster would have been a better choice for this steelbook front as it serves as a reminder of the iconic opening credits of nearly all of the 10 or 11 directly SPECTRE related Bond films.

If I'm alone in this opinion then no matter . . . :)

Reactions: Flash
One of the most senior members! lol

I don't think anyone is too mad about the artwork!

Before we poo-poo this image and put it down as a superior rip-off of the "Face/Off" steelbook artwork the significance of this 'bullet hole' image could be considered for a moment as there may be more to it than at first appears.

Firstly, it is very similar to the official SPECTRE octopus logo with its eight blade-like tentacles.

Secondly, and I know it's a bit of a stretch, but it reminds me of the 'gun barrel' title sequence intros on nearly all of the Bond films which is filmed from the POV of a rifled gun barrel (as opposed to a smooth bore weapon like a shotgun) which follows JB as he walks across the screen from right to left before he turns and then shoots directly at the 'camera' followed by blood running down the screen as the assassin
teeters before slowly collapsing
There is actually a white/pale grey (not black as in this case)poster image for the film which includes Bond himself in the background with pistol drawn as if be has just fired it and made the bullet hole that we can see the image of on the steelbook - that poster image would have made a much more satisfactory steelbook front cover as far as I am concerned as it would have been a perfect reminder of the classic and iconic opening sequence of the films :)

I'm sorry, but as with many of your posts (and I'm trying to be constructive) I find myself switching off as the point gets lost due to the length of said post.

Even after re-reading, not entirely sure what to grasp.... Sorry :/

I'm sorry, but as with many of your posts (and I'm trying to be constructive) I find myself switching off as the point gets lost due to the length of said post.

Even after re-reading, not entirely sure what to grasp.... Sorry :/

loosely translated who gives a fook what he is saying :hilarious:
hes made his point so have the hind legs off a donkey :D

ck_s_ew_blog_questionsandanswers_donkey.jpg

basil :LOL:

Reactions: Flloydo