Spider-Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order LIVE MONDAY 5TH SEPT 9AM (U.K.TIME)
Price: £16.99

Note: Matt Varnish/Creative White Base/Emboss Spiderman & Title/Spot UV Spiderman

11324113-5994408892217600.JPG

11324113-6734408892309130.JPG
11324113-1174408892360607.JPG
11324113-8754408892394351.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
These look so much better than the marvel lenti series and considerably cheaper. Strange that.
It's because these are by Sony. Disney do the marvel wave, and we all know that they go on the cheap to get their lentis done, and then charge as much as they can. Maybe the should take a lesson from Sony.

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
^ ditto.
Received my copy today as well as my copy of SPIDER-MAN 2
Both very decent steelbooks and little to no complaint from me regarding the lentis and any alignment issues with the steelbook behind are hardly worth mentioning.
Bit expensive, however, when compared to the HMV Spideys - GBP 16.99 against GBP 14.99 (cheaper now - both for 25 quid).

RE: THE LENTIS:
- Less satisfactory than the 2 from HMV due to the "softer" than usual almost cloudy/foggy cityscape behind and below Spidey but my guess is that that was a deliberate design decision . . . to have the backgrounds in matching dull blues/greys so that our hero can really stand out in the foreground above.
- Good depth to Spider-man himself on both lentis and a left to right tilt reveals decent movement of his head and outstretched leg on SM 1 and head and outstretched arms/webs in SM 2.

In conclusion:- quality steelbooks and definitely two welcome releases which thankfully go really well together and go in some way to eradicate the disappointment felt with the recent "Ant-Man" and "Age of Ultron" lenticular steelbooks.
SM 1 = 9/10
SM 2 = 8/10

Last edited:
It's because these are by Sony. Disney do the marvel wave, and we all know that they go on the cheap to get their lentis done, and then charge as much as they can. Maybe the should take a lesson from Sony.

Indeed. Marvel/Disney designers take note. Also strange how Hmv sell the newer movies cheaper than Zavvi sell the older Movies.

Gotta say that Sony and Paramount seem to be more consistent at making good steelbooks with seemingly more thought going into the design and aesthetic appearance.

I not yet had my debit card charged yet or order despatched
I had a debit done on my card but was for a different steelbook that cost the same amount.

I used a discount code so I wonder is Zavvi doing the sometimes delayed taking payment punishment:LOL:and despatch till release date when a discount code was used :rofl:

I ordered all three together & used a discount code & Spider-Man 1 & 2 dispatched Wednesday. Probably just dispatching them at random.
I cancelled my original order and I used a discount code but I re ordered only last week as euro price dropped and was even less with discount code
I have noticed sometimes Zavvi delay taking payment and despatch when a particular link and code is used but sometimes it's down to stock availability at the warehouse and date of when you ordered

I don't mind the delay of taking payment and despatch as long as I still get my order shipped
Not to long of a delay though :p

Zavvi have disabled the link and code as it was over used
The link was sent to members who not ordered in a while as in we miss you emails

Most who being using this link and code are not the ones the link and code was meant for :rofl:
Most who being using the link are regular customers and not customers who not ordered in a good while :LOL:

We will have to wait until some member gets a new we miss you email with a link and code but I expect if zavvi see heavy usage of this link and code again they will disable it again
To be honest I was surprised the link and code lasted as long as it did

Zavvi have disabled the link and code as it was over used
The link was sent to members who not ordered in a while as in we miss you emails

Most who being using this link and code are not the ones the link and code was meant for :rofl:
Most who being using the link are regular customers and not customers who not ordered in a good while :LOL:

We will have to wait until some member gets a new we miss you email with a link and code but I expect if zavvi see heavy usage of this link and code again they will disable it again
To be honest I was surprised the link and code lasted as long as it did

Bad times. :(

I miss the zc5 code!

Recieved all of these from my GF for christmas, I have to say i love them but really annoyed at the sticker that holds the slip on that attaches to the lenti, its left a sticky residue all over all 3 which i cant get off properly.

Other than that all 3 are gorgeous.