PS4 Spider-Man Collector's Edition

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: September 7, 2018
Price: $149.99 | £129.99-£59.99 (full collectors set, or just steelbook)
Purchase links: Gamestop | Best Buy | GAME
39409295180_09dbb01415_b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks cool but is anyone getting sick of the bland, simple Steelbooks Sony have been doing lately

They usually just put the logo or a symbol from the game on the front cover and BAM...done. It's just sad when the standard retail box artwork is better and more eye popping then the steelbook, it used to be that when a game got a Steelbook the art was better then what you got in the normal edition. Feels like they've just taken the sticker and copied the art on the steel.

The same design is on the Box, the sticker and the steelbook

Being a huge comic book character they should have made the steelbook like a classic comic book front cover but with their version of Spiderman. An updated version of this...

Amazing_Fantasy_Vol_1_15.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark and tridon
From what i read you have to wait till release they don't want you to open it until you are far enough into the game :hilarious:
https://www.spieltimes.com/news/mar...ntains-spoiler-devs-dont-want-you-to-open-it/

LOL...they are expecting me to go into this blind?

Basically by the time you finish the game, unwrap it and you realise it's not as cool enough for the £129.99 you've spent on it. This is the worst thing I've heard for a collector's edition, like I'd understand if it was a Halo Reach like statue with the Sinister Six on there but just one character?

If it's Miles I'd be disappointed although it does say "RAFT" and that's the prison so maybe it has to be a villain, I'm going to say either

Doc Ock
Venom
Green Goblin

If I had to pick and because he's Spiderman's closest foe I'll say the Green Goblin.

• Thanks
Reactions: luke98
That’s mad. Never heard of anything like it with a game

Can't find the vid now, but I saw earlier in the week some voice actor for the game accidentally mentioning the main villain... so my guess is the statue will probably be them.

For those who don't care about possible spoilers, he said it was...
Doc Oc

Can't find the vid now, but I saw earlier in the week some voice actor for the game accidentally mentioning the main villain... so my guess is the statue will probably be them.

For those who don't care about possible spoilers, he said it was...
Doc Oc

Damn, was hoping the villain would be someone else. lol Never the biggest fan of that one.

Damn, was hoping the villain would be someone else. lol Never the biggest fan of that one.
Correction on my last post... not sure why I said "main" villain, as I don't believe that was actually mentioned in the clip I saw. But, they definitely said the character would be in the game!

• Thanks
Reactions: TheJoker
Likely to come back in stock? Anywhere overseas that will deliver to the uk?

Keep an eye on Game nearer the time of release. I'm gonna bet a few cards are gonna get declined so cancellations go up but then are snapped up quick. Game aren't like Zavvi. With Zavvi you get 24 hours to correct any expired cards/declined payments. Game on the other hand just straight up cancel your order, although they do send you an email a few days before charging you to warn you to get your **** straight.

Reactions: viper0210