paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 20, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi - Zoom - Hmv) - £27.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes Resin Magnet + Comic Book

91kVD0XBXHL._SX342_ (1).jpg

329566-da3730a0ad145fc515cabb267f044be0.jpg

Last edited:
Got my copy today. The steelbook is very nice.
Not convinced by the magnet. The debossed area on the steel is very shallow. As a result magnet sits very proud from the surface.
Also magnet is very weak. So the position shifts at the slightest nudge.

Last edited:
Got my copy today. The steelbook is very nice.
Not convinced by the magnet. The debissed area on the steel is very shallow. As a result magnet sits very proud from the surface.
Also magnet is very weak. So the position shifts at the slightest nudge.

I had a feeling it would be like that. Thanks for confirming. I think when i get my copy i will just stick the magnet on the fridge :rofl:

Still awaiting my copy from Zoom . . . looks pretty fine to me from the pics with the best interior artwork of any HOMECOMING steelbook :thumbs:
(Zero finish w/ de-bossed spider shape . . . no spot gloss anywhere to be seen)
DPJL6XGW0AA5T1k.jpg:large

DPJL6XKXkAAZON6.jpg:large

DPJL6XGW4AA6awX.jpg:large

Pics courtesy Steelbookpro:-

Last edited:
Wanted to show the wife the Spider Man magnet on the dishwasher. Discovered dishwashers do not attract magnets :angry:
IMG_0120.JPG

So has anyone had any experience with customer service from Zoom? I had ordered and cancelled this on the dates shown on my order status info below, yet got charged two days after cancellation and received a dispatch email this morning despite sending the customer service two separate emails on Tuesday and on Thursday with no response

Untitled_zpsxanu93a4.jpg

Amazon UK debit card charged
I hope it back in stock on Monday with price reduced to retail price of £24.99

£27.99 is the RRP price Amazon never lowered the price to retail £24.99 price

Amazon UK debit card charged
I hope it back in stock on Monday with price reduced to retail price of £24.99

£27.99 is the RRP price Amazon never lowered the price to retail £24.99 price
Not quite correct there Paul, the RRP is £36.99, as shown on various sites such as zavvi and zoom. I suspect unless amazon lower the price tomorrow Monday, then £27.99 price wll stick.

Fingers crossed for all Amazon customers....

Why would Amazon reduce the price. They sold out with the higher price.
Amazon started listing with price £27.99 with no price drop at all at any stage

Amazon price drops is done by matching HMV prices before release date with often reducing price to be even lower than HMV or a least be the same.
Amazon don't go by what Zavvi or Zoom list no matter how low or high their prices are

@Mr Y Fronts
Amazon RRP price is £27.99 that is what they listed from the start
Don't go by what Zavvi or Zoom list in regards to their listings for RRP price they are often not the actual RRP price
Some of Zavvi RRP price listings are :hilarious: but you do at least see a Save £ amount to be something more reasonable to give you close enough to a normal retail price.

Amazon price drops is done by matching HMV prices before release date with often reducing price to be even lower than HMV or a least be the same.
Amazon don't go by what Zavvi or Zoom list no matter how low or high their prices are

@Mr Y Fronts
Don't go by what Zavvi or Zoom list in regards to their listings for RRP price they are often not the actual RRP price
Some of Zavvi RRP price listings are :hilarious: but you do at least see a Save £ amount to be something more reasonable to give you close enough to a normal retail price.
Nope, the RRP is £36.99, (i'm not blind, it's there in black pixels, whether made up or not and Amazon doesn't show RRP's, and I can't recall when they ever did. It's just the Amazon price. Sometimes they have a crossed out 'list' price, normally when items are in the sales, like black Friday deals).

The retail price can be ANYTHING the retailer wants to charge, they could charge £36.99 if they see fit. Just so happens Amazon felt like £27.99 was worth it, and as it sold out at that price, then so be it, they have no incentive to lower it frankly.

But as amazon usually have a live stock system, I'm surprised it didn't show up again for pre-order, but as I said in my last message, Monday should see what amazon wish to continue to sell this for, unless it is really sold out....

But most importantly, Zoom have finally despatched my order on Saturday, so if they passed it over to royal mail, should get this Monday (they said it is sent 1st class)

@Mr Y Fronts
Really cannot understand why you kept your Amazon order at the higher price when every other retailer was offering it cheaper.

It's like you were gambling that Amazon would eventually beat their price and now it's bit you in the ass.

After seeing the in hand pics, I'm glad I didn't go with it, just doesn't do it for me. The FAC is the one to own if you're only going for one edition in my opinion.

Hope the people who missed out on this get a chance to grab it when the restocks come, I can see a lot of people like it, just not for me I'm afraid.

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
Nope, the RRP is £36.99, (i'm not blind, it's there in black pixels, whether made up or not and Amazon doesn't show RRP's, and I can't recall when they ever did. It's just the Amazon price. Sometimes they have a crossed out 'list' price, normally when items are in the sales, like black Friday deals).

The retail price can be ANYTHING the retailer wants to charge, they could charge £36.99 if they see fit. Just so happens Amazon felt like £27.99 was worth it, and as it sold out at that price, then so be it, they have no incentive to lower it frankly.

But as amazon usually have a live stock system, I'm surprised it didn't show up again for pre-order, but as I said in my last message, Monday should see what amazon wish to continue to sell this for, unless it is really sold out....

But most importantly, Zoom have finally despatched my order on Saturday, so if they passed it over to royal mail, should get this Monday (they said it is sent 1st class)
Amazon crossed out 'list' price is their retail price it can vary as in lower or increase to different prices before release date when it's not crossed out it's not been reduced.

Amazon always start out listings at high price before they list the actual selling price and your covered automatically with pre order price promise unlike Zavvi you have to chase them up for lower price if reduced :rofl:

What has happened with this release is amazon sold out their allocation before they would have decided to match Hmv price.
I'm surprised there has not been a lot of amazon cancellations and stock relisted available as the cheaper price was available for a good while before other retailers sold out as the price difference is a lot

If this had of been still available to pre order with amazon the price would have been reduced to at least £24.99
After release date price can be lower or higher at amazon discretion and can also depend on deals they get with the supplier before release date

Hopefully yes it does come back in stock on Monday with amazon and price drops to £24.99 so customers can get the pre order price promise activated.

Really cannot understand why you kept your Amazon order at the higher price when every other retailer was offering it cheaper.

It's like you were gambling that Amazon would eventually beat their price and now it's bit you in the ass.
Reason for this is Amazon would not taken payment until Saturday or Sunday before release date
I did not have enough funds available to keep my order with Zavvi as my pay date was Thursday 16th and Zavvi as we know often will debit cards from the Monday a week before release date.

Zoom I won't use again to order Steelbooks because of the packaging used
HMV and Zavvi is sold out so did not have the option to reorder after thursday 16th pay day