paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 20, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi - Zoom - Hmv) - £27.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes Resin Magnet + Comic Book

91kVD0XBXHL._SX342_ (1).jpg

329566-da3730a0ad145fc515cabb267f044be0.jpg

Last edited:
My order is
1. US
2. Yours
3. Hmv

But i love all 3 and would happily buy all three, it's a close ranking

I don't think the HMV art will change as its showing the j card etc but I won't be mad. If it don't change I'll still keep th order but then I may have to track down the US version a little while after release
I do also like HMV's to be fair... especially when compared to this abomination lol. I'm sure some other mock-ups have showed j-cards before though (struggling to think which exactly), only for the art to eventually be changed. But yeah... hopefully you're right and it's a sign that they'll be sticking with that art! Unless of course they want to switch to the US one, then I'm totally fine with that. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I do also like HMV's to be fair... especially when compared to this abomination lol. I'm sure some other mock-ups have showed j-cards before though (struggling to think which exactly), only for the art to eventually be changed. But yeah... hopefully you're right and it's a sign that they'll be sticking with that art! Unless of course they want to switch to the US one, then I'm totally fine with that. :D

True, I think some have and possibly changed. Anything can happen i suppose

I'm trying to remember if Sony ever change art when they announce steels etc

Last ones like this was the new ghostbusters with the cool animated art and the 2nd steel with the magnet - exactly the same set up as this film with the 2 steels but I think the art was shown from day 1 like both of these

Saying that ghostbusters never got a WEA in the US so god knows. Maybe this will have multiple arts or maybe the HMV and US will eventually be the same

wow, not like HMV to sell out of steelbooks

Even the early MCU ones(Thor, Avengers etc) took a little while after release to be sold out.
This is the WWA steelbook available from all retailers each retailer allocated stock from the print run so would be easy to end up sold out with each retailer

Hmv still have their exclusive 4K/3D/2D/Bonus Disc steelbook available to pre orer

This is the WWA steelbook available from all retailers each retailer allocated stock from the print run so would be easy to end up sold out with each retailer

Hmv still have their exclusive 4K/3D/2D/Bonus Disc steelbook available to pre orer
But how often do HMV ever truely sell out of Steels? They dont really, anymore. They have higher print runs usually

But how often do HMV ever truely sell out of Steels? They dont really, anymore. They have higher print runs usually
This steelbook is a shared print run between all retailers it's the WWA edition
Retailers only get a allocation of stock when it's a shared print run it's a lot different compared to an exclusive to one retailer
It's not the same steelbook as Hmv exclusive that is still available to pre order

Hmv have sold out a good few of WWA steelbooks and also their exclusives

This steelbook was always going to end up as sold out and quicker than Hmv exclusive release

Are you getting confused between the 2 different spider-man homecoming steelbooks

This thread is for the WWA steelbook all retailers including Hmv
01-451616.jpg

Hmv also have a different steelbook exclusive to them
This is still available to pre order as in not sold out
01-484043.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: jailbird_joey
They do sell out, Most of the Harry Potters, Conjouring 2, Logan, X-Men Apocalypse, Lego Movie, 10 Cloverfield Lane, and that's the HMV exclusives, sure there are many more.

It doesn't help HMV though that a lot of people just haven't realised they have re-opened their online shop.

Have already pre-ordered their exclusive Spiderman and Wonder Woman steels.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
They do sell out, Most of the Harry Potters, Conjouring 2, Logan, X-Men Apocalypse, Lego Movie, 10 Cloverfield Lane, and that's the HMV exclusives, sure there are many more.

It doesn't help HMV though that a lot of people just haven't realised they have re-opened their online shop.

Have already pre-ordered their exclusive Spiderman and Wonder Woman steels.
eventually yes but I dont recall any non-zavvi MCU steelbook selling out before release date in a LONG time.

Most others you mention, sold out after release, not this far ahead.

Furthermore, shared allocation is closer to 10k than the retailer exclusive 4k runs right? I recall Avengers being pretty high for HMV too.

Its just surprised me is all. Am not looking to argue :)

eventually yes but I dont recall any non-zavvi MCU steelbook selling out before release date in a LONG time.

Most others you mention, sold out after release, so this far ahead.

Furthermore, shared allocation is closer to 10k than the retailer exclusive 4k runs right? I recall Avengers being pretty high for HMV too.
No when it's a standard print run of 4,000 the UK retailers get the allocation from the 4,000
Some print runs can 4,000 or 5,000 or 6,000
Other countries have this release also but that's a separate print run to the UK
Some retailers will have higher allocation than others

The print run is simply just shared between UK retailers

This steelbook was always going to end up sold out quickly so it's not surprising most UK retailers have sold out their allocation

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
There will defo be copies left

I ordered this one, Hmv and the French and will cancel this Closer the time when the HMV art is 100% confirmed or changes to the French/ US art. (I'll also cancel the French version if HMV is the same)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry