Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Group buy: click here to join
Notes: 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic

02-484043.jpg

03-484043.jpg
01-484043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will keep my order as FAC's prices are a bit ridiculous at the moment but I hate the way Vultures talon on the front doesn't align across the spine to the rear. Really bugs me.

Will keep my order as FAC's prices are a bit ridiculous at the moment but I hate the way Vultures talon on the front doesn't align across the spine to the rear. Really bugs me.
I think it annoys me more that there's no way spidey could be that high off the ground in the scene he is in on the front. I don't like the artist's signature on the front too, hope that's removed. If this is full gloss though, I'll be happy with it.

I think it annoys me more that there's no way spidey could be that high off the ground in the scene he is in on the front. I don't like the artist's signature on the front too, hope that's removed

Looking at it the other way "How far can Spidey FALL without hurting himself ?"
'Truth' is he can only jump 30 ft. vertically (about three storeys) or 90 ft horizontally so either he's webbed a passing airplane to get so high or he's falling from an airplane or helicopter . . . and from the positioning of his body I'd guess the latter.
As for a real spider falling from the top of a building, from 1,000 ft. or 10,000 ft. one theory is that it will survive the fall thanks to its ability to make a kind of parachute from its webbing . . . something that our hero in the film can probably do too (as in the comics for example)

upload_2017-8-17_14-10-12.png

As for the artist's signature on the front - Ryan Meinerding - he's famous! . . . as well as being the head of Visual Development at Marvel Studion . . . and who would honestly prefer unsigned to signed artwork by a famous artist on a piece of steelbook art ?

As for SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING artwork just seen and really like this one:-
DHa45WpVYAIlG6m.jpg:large

Last edited:
I'll hold on to this order as it has an extra disc and comic that BB U.S. apparently does not have...
But, I will be super annoyed if the BB is gloss and this one isn't!o_O

I think it annoys me more that there's no way spidey could be that high off the ground in the scene he is in on the front. I don't like the artist's signature on the front too, hope that's removed. If this is full gloss though, I'll be happy with it.

I know what you mean, he's plainly in the suburbs and what make Spideys scene in the suburbs memorable was the fact he was essentially grounded. Like where he's stumbling through people's back yards and having to run across the fields.

Someone else's waffling about parachutes obviously hasn't seen the film, they'd know Stark equipped the suit with a parachute - it's in the trailer.....

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl
I'll hold on to this order as it has an extra disc and comic that BB U.S. apparently does not have...
But, I will be super annoyed if the BB is gloss and this one isn't!o_O

It looks like the HMV version has more than just 1 disc that the Canadian and US steelbooks don't have.

Canada and US only have 4K Ultra HD/2D Blu-ray in their steelbook.

HMV has 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic.
This will be popular for the eBayers.

Just look at the prices of the similar edition of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 steelbook on there.
It's a feeding frenzy.

It looks like the HMV version has more than just 1 disc that the Canadian and US steelbooks don't have.

Canada and US only have 4K Ultra HD/2D Blu-ray in their steelbook.

HMV has 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic.
This will be popular for the eBayers.

Just look at the prices of the similar edition of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 steelbook on there.
It's a feeding frenzy.
Thanks @Stygian! Good catch. The 3D disc alone makes it worth it. For some reason I thought the BB had it as well.
I feel good about having this order!:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
If they ever do an Illustrated Art steelbook for HOMECOMING I can't imagine better cover art than this one from Martin Ansin + some of the options for the Spider-Man fan:-
DLeVjreUMAAC_hi.jpg:large

DLl57OjVAAEBJrh.jpg:large

DLn208mVAAAkgZY.jpg:large

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry
If they ever do an Illustrated Art steelbook for HOMECOMING I can't imagine better cover art than this one from Martin Ansin + some of the options for the Spider-Man fan:-
DLeVjreUMAAC_hi.jpg:large

DLl57OjVAAEBJrh.jpg:large

DLn208mVAAAkgZY.jpg:large

That is an impressive spidey collection mate :) Looks like my batman collection lol

I still can't understand why Disney always choose such weak art for worldwide releases. It's like they have shares in all the premium steelbook retailers.
This is a Columbia Pictures/Marvel Films production distributed by Sony Pictures

Disney pay Sony a licence fee to use spider-man as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Spider-Man films are still distributed by Sony Pictures in the cinemas and home media

Last edited: