Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Group buy: click here to join
Notes: 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic

02-484043.jpg

03-484043.jpg
01-484043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify on my post (418) - when i got to the till to purchase this, I automatically got £5 off my next 4K purchase. It came printed with the receipt. I didnt mention anything about a missing disc. :thumbs:
Ah, ok - fair enough (and that's why I added my disclaimer! lol). Still, interesting to know for anyone wanting to pick up a copy in store.

Just to clarify on my post (418) - when i got to the till to purchase this, I automatically got £5 off my next 4K purchase. It came printed with the receipt. I didnt mention anything about a missing disc. :thumbs:

In theory, purchase one then purchase another with discount

In theory, purchase one then purchase another with discount

Don't forget to tell them how surprised and impressed you are that is is actually glossy and that the colours really pop! Now where the f*** is my 20 minute DVD?!!!

But it's funny that when people feel "wronged" that some would rather have a £5 refund than the actual 20 minute DVD that they are complaining about not having.

If you're really pissed off that you didn't get the 20 minute DVD, then return the entire item and get your money back. Don't cry about goodwill gestures, principles and compensation.

I think HMV should just put out a recall for all copies to be returned and refunds given.
I know, I know. Everybody would give it back because it's not the money. It's the principle.

Right? ;)

hmv-smh3-jpg.345400

I don't see anywhere here that a "20 minute dvd" is included, it says BONUS BLU RAY DISC.

Yeah, I would rather have a £5 refund which is to 25% of the price as there is 25% percent of the package missing according to their own listing ESPECIALLY as they obviously aren't going to provide the discs, that much is clear. So its not a case of me wanting £5 over the disc that SHOULD have been included, its a case of me wanting £5 in the way of a partial refund over not getting the extra disc and certainly over the nothing they are offering to remedy this.

UK HMV Glossy steel VS kimchi Matte steel

I’ll be keeping the glossy one and selling the matte. Plus I like the spine title more on the UK. Also there’s slightly more pic on the UK lol - look at vultures wings on the front

Sorry the pics aren’t great but it’s dark now

Left is matte, right is glossy

E2BA6AA1-4361-423D-8197-9BA9C2D38E04.jpeg

Left is matte, right is gloss
CFB36D59-D322-446E-8EA7-D4C15456E44A.jpeg

Top is matte, bottom is gloss
C7BDDD65-F243-4261-B097-94F68F3C9000.jpeg

Left is kimchi spine, right is UK
546E135D-69A8-4452-8DAF-476F2F4B3E85.jpeg

6C8E9A4A-89F6-4422-84AA-0D839165FF99.jpeg

Last edited:
Really not to fussed about the bonus disc myself, I'm just gutted my 4K disc doesn't work from the 23 minute mark as it just freezes. I've tested it two 4K players and it did the same in both.

Really not to fussed about the bonus disc myself, I'm just gutted my 4K disc doesn't work from the 23 minute mark as it just freezes. I've tested it two 4K players and it did the same in both.
Ouch! Just tested mine after seeing your post, and it plays fine through that section (I watched about 2-3 minutes either side - no time to watch the whole film tonight, unfortunately). That's on a Sony UBPX800.

Just opened mine and there are dozens of hairline scratches on the front. Contacted HMV for a replacement :(
Hi, yeah I did the same last night opened it up and it has lots of fine scratches on the front. I know this has a gloss finish but not great. I got mine in store do you think I should be able to return this? (doubt they will have any left is store now though for a replacement) Not even opened the stickers off the jcard.

My copy is the same when held in a certain light.... one of the main issues with some glossy finishes. I remember someone on this forum say once that it was to do with the wrapping process. You'll probably find they are all like that I'm afraid.

My copy is the same when held in a certain light.... one of the main issues with some glossy finishes. I remember someone on this forum say once that it was to do with the wrapping process. You'll probably find they are all like that I'm afraid.
Thanks for the reply. I remember my GOTG Blufans had some very very faint scratches if held in certain light but these are more visible. Can anyone else please check their copy to see if they have the same issue? I just want to check before I consider taking this back into the store?Thanks

I opened up mine last night and there were a few scratches on the back. Not a lot to say really as I've come to the acceptance that this is part and parcel of the game sometimes in relation to steelbooks so it's gone in the clear slipcover and sits proudly alongside it's MCU counterparts.

I was checking out the thread for the Target exclusive digi-pack, which contains the bonus disc, and the disc definitely has the bluray logo on it. Not sure why it was suggested on here that it's a DVD? Although, Zoom does have an exclusive DVD version of the movie with bonus disc, so I'm wondering if that's contains a DVD copy of the Target bonus disc? If so then I suppose technically the disc is only available on DVD in the UK?

Personally I never take info from the retailers as gospel . . . especially regarding disc playable regions . . . and I always double-check specs with BR.com . . .
upload_2017-11-21_12-13-25.png

Despite the misinformation from the retailer I still consider this to be a fully loaded steelbook and excellent VFM . . . plus the delightful glossy Illustrated Art by one of the really big names in the business making this a standout steelie.