Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Group buy: click here to join
Notes: 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic

02-484043.jpg

03-484043.jpg
01-484043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from watching. I really enjoyed it, and that last post credits scene got a big chuckle in my screening.

Actually pre-ordered this in store before going in. only £5 is really needed but paid for it outright on the basis that I'll be thankful come November when the zavvi one debits.

Its slightly irritating releasing 2 steelbooks for this as I have all the MCU original UK steels still sealed and i don't fancy 2 of this. Really hoping for superior artwork as it's paid for now.

So....looks like this will be a titleless front cover with the title on a j-card only (going by the mock pic)

Not necessarily

Ratings need to go on a j card and they might of included the title twice. But possibly titleless

As long as it's on the spine I don't mind

If the artwork doesn't change, it's a very dramatic leap for marvel WWA. Personally I like the dynamic designs of recent releases (especially Dr Strange) but change can be good

Sony Steelbooks usually have great artwork, this is no exception (if it gets confirmed...) it's just unfortunate some of the films they've distributed over the years haven't received the best of praise.

I'm not a Marvel guy, but I love Spider-Man and sadly the previous franchise didn't take off, however it looks like this latest re-incarnation is Spider-Man done right. Plus, a steel of a Steel. Really happy with this release!

Well, I've placed my order.

While I don't need either the 3D or 4K discs, I'm confident the artwork will be better than the trade wide release and at the same price, it would be rude not to.

I haven't used HMV for a while, so them announcing this reminded me to also order Wonder Woman, Alien: Covenant and Logan so they've done okay from me today.

If the artwork doesn't change, it's a very dramatic leap for marvel WWA. Personally I like the dynamic designs of recent releases (especially Dr Strange) but change can be good
The trade wide release looks like it could be a better fit with the other first release Marvel steels if it doesn't drastically change closer to release, mock up reminds of the IM3 steel. Unfortunately that release has 2 fewer discs though.

Last edited:
The trade wide release looks like it could be a better fit with the other first release Marvel steels if it drastically change closer to release, mock up reminds of the IM3 steel. Unfortunately that release has 2 fewer discs though.

The UK Marvel steelbooks (first editions) are all mismatched anyway so consistency is a non-issue for me now. I just want the best looking edition of each release without having to go through the hassle of importing.

If only each one had featured one of the poster designs and had titles aligned on the spine, you'd have an amazing looking set. Unfortunately Disney's love of poor art and (until recently) lack of titles mean you end up with mediocre steelbooks on your shelf. I'm actually pleased that Sony are distributing Spider-Man: Homecoming as the finished product for the HMV version should look pretty nice.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Would love to get this but I may just wait to see what gets released in the USA. I'm hoping we'll get a steelbook with all the discs.

The UK Marvel steelbooks (first editions) are all mismatched anyway so consistency is a non-issue for me now. I just want the best looking edition of each release without having to go through the hassle of importing.

If only each one had featured one of the poster designs and had titles aligned on the spine, you'd have an amazing looking set. Unfortunately Disney's love of poor art and (until recently) lack of titles mean you end up with mediocre steelbooks on your shelf. I'm actually pleased that Sony are distributing Spider-Man: Homecoming as the finished product for the HMV version should look pretty nice.
I actually like the usual MCU style (except titleless spines) but I can understand why others may not, this is by far the better of the 2 concepts though, hopefully it won't be changed.