Spider-Man: Homecoming - In theaters July 7, 2017

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jon Watts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr. Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Donald Glover and more...

Plot: Following the events of Capitain America: Civil War, Peter Parker attempts to balance his life in high school with his career as the web-slinging superhero Spider-Man. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
kY2c7wKgOfQjvbqe7yVzLTYkxJO.jpg
[/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Zendaya will be playing Mary Jane. She's a pretty girl, so she has the model aspect down. That said, Mary Jane without (natural) red hair is gonna be... strange. If this was Sony on their own, I'd be pissed, but since Marvel's at the head of the charge, I'll trust their decision for now. Hopefully she's good because I LOVE the character of MJ.

I'm going to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt.

But honestly the news is a bit meh.

The casting for this film is leaving me a bit meh.
Tony Revolori as Flash has me at Meh.
And now this.

As said if this was a Sony only film I would be a lot more nervous.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and tridon
My favourite comic book character is DEAD to me. first Tom, utter garbage, now the absolute blasphemy of changing MJ to anything other than a redhead! I cannot support Zendaya as MJ in anyway!

I was really hoping to finally see Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane! :(
View attachment 259685
Oh well... :meh:

I was so happy when they originally announced her as MJ. Oh, well... Marvel's taking the lead now and I don't have a clue what they're doing with the casting. Hopefully it works out in the end. How well -- still not sure.

I mean, the 120-pound bellhop from The Grand Budapest Hotel is playing Flash Thompson now... a character who is supposed to be Peter's high school bully who becomes a war hero and then becomes Venom. Not sure why/how Peter will be bullied by someone way smaller than him.

I'm going to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt.

But honestly the news is a bit meh.

The casting for this film is leaving me a bit meh.
Tony Revolori as Flash has me at Meh.
And now this.

As said if this was a Sony only film I would be a lot more nervous.

Agree the Flash choice is pretty underwhelming and love the flash obviously it's bit meh, but will give it a chance

@tridon I'll give it a chance. Marvel has done very well in the casting department so they know what they are doing.
But yeah, its going to be weird without the red hair and stuff.

I totally agree and it's nothing to with race it's just the character of Mary Jane is one thing in the eyes of fans, as you say it will be so sad for her to not have red hair :(

Tom Holland:
"They give you options and those could be exercised whenever. Like a cameo in Avengers. I’m unclear as to which movies though. I do know I have three Spider-Man [appearances in other] movies and three solo movies contracted. But if you have another movie, Marvel is so good at working around it. They’re very respectful of your life, really. They understand that you have to work on other movies, and they try and fix it up so you can work around each other."

So to sum it up... 6 films. 3 Solo. 3 appearances by Spidey in other films.

Wikid, knew he would be vulture. Excellent role for him and I love Keaton. Him and Kurt Russell are like my film dads lol.
And he's in gaurdians so double win

Loved Holland in civil war. Was so worried about a third spidey after Garfield who smashed it and as much as I'll miss him the new spidey was one of my favourite parts of civil war. Him and antman

Can't wait for this but I'm seriously confused over their plans and casting for Flash and Mj

Excellent news about the 3 solos and 3 cameos.
I'm hoping civil war didn't count and he still has 3 cameos but chances are that was the first and I'm also hoping he's in Infinty war which I imgaine he is and he's pretty much a main character and not a 10 min cameo. Like hulk in the new Thor :)

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw