This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Spider-man Legacy (Limited Edition 4K UHD) [Blu-ray] [UK]

Discussion in 'Blu-ray Collector's & Limited Editions' started by DarkChild, Oct 7, 2017.

1. DarkChild

Ratings:
    +585
    Release date: November 6, 2017
    Purchase Links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV - Zoom UK
    Price: £99.99 (Zavvi - Zoom) - £119.99 (Amazon - Hmv)

918hQkfz1eL._SX342_.jpg

91Wz0iDDFaL._SL1500_.jpg 91FKHxo8o-L._SL1500_.jpg

SPIDER-MAN TRILOGY – ORIGINS COLLECTION
    Swing into action with the groundbreaking original cinematic Spider-Man trilogy from direction Sam Raimi. Join Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) as he becomes the iconic web-slinging Spider-Man, battles super-villains Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman and Venom, wins the heart of Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst), and learns that with great power, comes great responsibility.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN – EVOLUTION COLLECTION
    The untold story of the legendary web-shooter unfolds in the blockbuster Amazing Spider-Man films, directed by Marc Webb. The saga begins in The Amazing Spider-Man, as Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) becomes Spider-Man and balances being a superhero doing battle against the villainous Lizard alongside his developing relationship with Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). Then when Spider-Man’s new enemies – including the powerful Electro – unite in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker finds that his greatest battle is about to begin.

Add Special Features:
    EXTRAS INCLUDE:
    SPIDER-MAN TRILOGY – ORIGINS COLLECTION

• Spider-Man 3 Editor’s Cut – All New Alternate Version of the Movie
    • Spider-Man 2.1 – Includes both Theatrical & Extended Versions
    • The Stan Lee Legacy: From Comic Book to Homecoming featurette
    • Over 18 Hours of Special Features from all 3 films
    THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN – EVOLUTION COLLECTION
    • The Stan Lee Legacy: From Comic Book to Homecoming featurette
    • 15 Rare Archival featurettes
    • Over 7 Hours of Special Features from both films

#1 DarkChild, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. sgmarine

Ratings:
    +56
    I'll wait for the price to come down before I go for it.

3. paulboland

paulboland Contributor Steels/Arrow
    Contributor Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +25,175
    Zavvi price now £99.99
    Amazon £119.99

4. cooey

cooey Social Media Manager
    Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +23,730
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Miku

Ratings:
    +49
    Thanks! I originally noticed this a couple months ago when it was on pre-order. I had zero interest in it then (which is why I had already forgotten this whole release), as I thought it would just be a repackaging of the old discs in a mediocre box set, but damn! Not only do the discs have new artwork, but Sony has actually put some effort in this, as they have removed old features such as video game commercials, old trailers etc. Not only that, but they have added the editor's cut for Spider-Man 3 (I didn't even know that such thing exists) and also combined the film's original 2-disc release into a single disc with presumably all of the bonus features, which is something studios very rarely do for catalogue releases. On top of that, I think the box set itself looks awesome, as do the digibooks. I bought the Zavvi exclusive steelbooks last year and I also have the both Amazings on Blu-ray, but looks like I have to sell them now, even though the Raimi trilogy steelbooks are nice. I do double-dip on movies every now and then, but I always sell the (in my opinion) inferior/worse release once I've gotten the new one.

So yeah, I placed an order for the Blu-ray version on Amazon (I really don't care about 4K and probably won't upgrade to it at all, as I'm still more than happy with regular Blu-ray quality). I don't want to wait for a price drop in case it sells out, as it's limited to 2000 units, which isn't that much considering Spider-Man's popularity.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  6. hoppusdelonge

Ratings:
    +266
    Grabbed this in the Christmas sales and I'm a little disappointed by it, item description is misleading as Spider-Man 2.1 and 3 Editor's Cut are only included as BR copies. Overall a great set but obviously cut down a bit to leave room for a more complete re release.