Released: Sept, 7, 2018
Platforms: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK

Game of the Year Edition

48630803758_ea183eb186_o.png

1.jpg

Creative Director Bryan Intihar provided more details on the newly announced Spider Man game.
  • Spider Man is the biggest game ever for Insomniac, and the most ambitious game ever for Marvel.
  • It’s an open world game.
  • The game has been in development for “quite some time.”
  • It’s not part of the films, and Insomniac is doing a bit of its own thing and “mixing things up” to an extent. It’s an original story, and this was an opportunity for Insomniac Games to create “their own Spider Man universe.” It still respects the tradition of the franchise but the developers can afford to take some liberties, for instance with the design of Spider Man’s suit, that could be seen in the trailer.
  • It’s getting better and better every day as development progresses.
  • This is a story where Spider Man’s world and Peter Parker’s world collide. It focuses on who is the man under the mask, and who the man becomes after he puts the mask on.
  • The game is confirmed as a PS4 exclusive, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
  • Spider Man is a working title, for now.
220px-Spider-Man_PS4_cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw
A lot of people seem to be not that big of fans of the costume (mostly the white spider)... I don't mind it personally.
But I thought (just for fun) I would just adjust it a little to something more pleasing.

spideyps4B.jpg

A lot of people seem to be not that big of fans of the costume (mostly the white spider)... I don't mind it personally.
But I thought (just for fun) I would just adjust it a little to something more pleasing.

View attachment 246375

That's easily my only problem and you just fixed it. I have no idea why they went with an all-white spider. Looks ugly, to be honest. The rest of the game looks AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, ASTONISHING, though! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I'm not a big fan of superhero games (I don't even find the Arkham series that great), but this looks pretty cool!

View attachment 246375
I don't have a major issue with it, but it definitely could've been better, as you proved. I think the white would grow on me though... was just a bit unusual seeing it at first.

This looks really fun! Love the similar Arkham Knight combat system. Will definitely be checking this one out. :D
More than similar , they just ported the whole system over line by line it seems.Games looks good though but i doubt anyone will play the game as it was shown in the video.

More than similar , they just ported the whole system over line by line it seems.Games looks good though but i doubt anyone will play the game as it was shown in the video.
That explains that then! Haha and yeah, I doubt I'll be able to pull it off as cool or quickly as they did in the video.