Spirited Away (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

steelbookz4eva

In Memoriam 2016 - 2019
Premium Supporter
In Memoriam
Oct 23, 2016
Release date: March 13, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK time on Saturday February 18th)
Price: £15.99

11395575-1084452691326090.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish they used better art for all of these. I'm glad I never invested in any of the earlier ones as I'd need to buy this lol

I much prefer the simplicity of the Japanese digipack versions (not my pic, I only own the black Spirited Away one, not pictured here lol, but you get my point)

GhibliJPBlu-ray.jpg

At last! I already opted for the amaray but £15.99 is a reasonable price for this considering the price for the standard DVD and Blu-ray versions.

Big fan of these designs.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I have the Collected Works of Miyazaki Blu-Ray set, but gladly double dip with these steelbooks!

Wish they used better art for all of these. I'm glad I never invested in any of the earlier ones as I'd need to buy this lol

I much prefer the simplicity of the Japanese digipack versions (not my pic, I only own the black Spirited Away one, not pictured here lol, but you get my point)

GhibliJPBlu-ray.jpg

I have about 5x of these, very expensive, but worth it!

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl
Glad to see they're continuing this series of Ghibli steelbooks and sticking with the same designs. I actually almost picked up the standard amaray for Spirited Away just the other week, but I'm obviously glad I decided not to now. Keep 'em coming Studio Canal! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
@Paperinukke I havent been collecting this series but i might bite just this
Now we're talking! Very nice to have Spirited Away finally coming. Thanks for the tag. :thumbs:

GhibliJPBlu-ray.jpg
I'm actually glad that Zavvi releases follow their own unique style, but I can understand why some people don't like them. Those digipacks are gorgeous though, need to collect more of them when I'm done with everything else, but they sure are pricey.

I find it hilarious these have came back to continue the film line and they still match the others. Not something you see often

Just a shame the art work is poor

A silver background with a circular picture....for films as colourful as these...YAWN

Absolutely love this film so I'll be getting it

Still need to get princess mononoke though :(

February 18th
6PM usual U.K. time
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not my favourite of the Ghibli's but unreservedly BRILLIANT nonetheless and just as an aside it's a pity that the slipcovered Amarays are rarely available at "sensible" prices.

Any fan of these films going to Tokyo could consider taking time out to visit the Studio Ghibli museum:-
II
V
dsc03163-800x531.jpg

upload_2017-2-6_20-6-33.jpeg
upload_2017-2-6_20-6-54.jpeg
ghibli-museum-robot.jpg
sugarandspace.com-indonesian-travel-blogger-studio-ghibli-museum-mitaka-tokyo-japan-exterior-847x580.jpg

Just a quick question, will this be in Japanese, with English subs? Or the Americanised version?
The current UK Blu-ray release has

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1, Japanese DTS-HD MA 5.1
Subtitles: English

It's pretty much certain that this steelbook release will contain exactly the same disk.

Awesome news! One of my all-time favourite animation films, and don't have this on Blu-ray yet :happy::joy:

Reactions: bigwednesday0
A clean, if somewhat sterile, design that at least will look nice with the others in the set. I'm a huge Hayao Miyazaki fan so I'll probably be picking these up! (Spirited Away is easily my favorite animated film of all time)

Wish they'd re-release my neighbour totoro in steelbook missed it first time :(

I have the same problem...I could have had it for some £15....I hesitated too long - start to collect them or start not? I have decided to start after Totoro and Howl were OOP, OOS. Now I am missing both Totoro and Howl. :-/

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash