Spirited Away (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

steelbookz4eva

In Memoriam 2016 - 2019
Premium Supporter
In Memoriam
Oct 23, 2016
Release date: March 13, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK time on Saturday February 18th)
Price: £15.99

11395575-1084452691326090.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes i hate this game..lol i got the German just a few weeks back and then i got the regular USA version to put it inside the steel.....now i got to have this,,lol

I have about 5x of these, very expensive, but worth it!
Those digipacks are gorgeous though, need to collect more of them when I'm done with everything else, but they sure are pricey.
I pre-ordered Spirited Away about 3 months before it came out so managed to get it for around £28 delivered at the time. I badly want Nausicaa and Mononoke, but at about £50 each (and they never seem to budge on price), I'll wait until my steel collecting has died down a bit

• Thanks
Reactions: Paperinukke
I only have Nausicaa, Kiki and Ponyo, missing the others. I actually managed to get Nausicaa recently (last month) from Zavvi for 14.75 euros. I really need to get the others, but the prices for Mononoke And Howl's are around 45-50 GBP; Totoro is totaly off limits running at ~99 GBP. So, I'll just have to play the waiting game for now.

I watched Kiki in the wekend with my girlfriend - a first for me (the others I've seen more than once already). What a nice movie that creates a warm and fuzzy feeling. A very special anime.

I'll definitely be grabbing these next two Miyazaki releases as I've got all the others (except Totoro). I quite like the art used on most of these, but it's a missed opportunity (imo) to not have spot glossed the outside art. I think it would look fantastic against the flat metal. Interestingly enough, they chose to gloss the inside artwork. It's hard to appreciate fully with the shells on, but it looks really sharp if you pop them off. I think they missed a real opportunity with this series by going minimal on the design.
FullSizeRender_4.jpg IMG_1618.JPG IMG_1622.JPG IMG_1628.JPG IMG_1652.JPG

Last edited:
Although I am a big fan of these, I can understand why some aren't... the bare metal wasn't the best choice. Can you imagine how classy they'd look if they were white instead?!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I just realized... that Spirited Away might have the same spine color as Mononoke? Howl got pink, Mononoke orange, and Spirited Away seems to be having the same: if the spine were to match her outfit, than it should be a kind of 'old pink' color - but it seems saturated on the steelbook. Anyway, was just thinking out loud how Spirited Away's color would be unique from the others in the collection!

Who could truly not fail to be enchanted by these delightfully pretty and expertly designed matching steelbooks?
II
V
studio-ghibli-int%C3%A9grale-blu-ray-steelbook-uk-01.jpg
studio-ghibli-int%C3%A9grale-blu-ray-steelbook-uk-02.jpg

ponyo-sur-la-falaise-blu-ray-steelbook-uk-13.jpg
howls-moving-castle-blu-ray-steelbook-uk-13.jpg
nausicaa-of-the-valley-of-the-wind-blu-ray-steelbook-uk-12.jpg
my-neighbour-totoro-blu-ray-steelbook-uk-12.jpg
08%20front%20back%20480_zpsxgae9z1m.jpg
04%20front%20back%20480_zpsphebvn6j.jpg

$_86.JPG

11395575-1084452691326090-jpg.290955
11395576-1784452691362765-jpg.290954

This'll be my first buy from Zavvi and I'm concerned about region locking. For Disney releases like this and Wreck-It Ralph, will there be a region lock? I looked up Howl's Moving Castle under the same series as this release Spirited Away and it seemed to be region locked so I'm concerned.

I'm in the USA so I need Region A to be free.

This'll be my first buy from Zavvi and I'm concerned about region locking. For Disney releases like this and Wreck-It Ralph, will there be a region lock? I looked up Howl's Moving Castle under the same series as this release Spirited Away and it seemed to be region locked so I'm concerned.

I'm in the USA so I need Region A to be free.
It's a StudioCanal release, so it'll almost certainly be locked to region B (like all the others in this series).

A region-free blu-ray player is a beautiful thing. If you don't mind having two blu-ray players, you can buy a region B player from Amazon U.K. for around $70.

There are just too many amazing steelbook releases out of Europe. It really puts the steelbook market here in the States to shame. I think the last US steel I bought was Best Buy's Star Wars: TFA. That was one of the very rare exceptions where US customers were offered a superior product.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Skyarcke
It's a StudioCanal release, so it'll almost certainly be locked to region B (like all the others in this series).

A region-free blu-ray player is a beautiful thing. If you don't mind having two blu-ray players, you can buy a region B player from Amazon U.K. for around $70.

There are just too many amazing steelbook releases out of Europe. It really puts the steelbook market here in the States to shame. I think the last US steel I bought was Best Buy's Star Wars: TFA. That was one of the very rare exceptions where US customers were offered a superior product.

Thanks for the response, very helpful. In that case, I'll just double dip on the amaray version here in the states and put it in the steelbook that's on the way. I should just get a region free player. Europe really has an amazing steelbook market, yeah. What with HMV, Zavvi, and even FilmArena, it's just amazing how many great releases Europe gets.

Really excited about this release. Sadly I'm missing Totoro and can't justify the investment. Hopefully there will be a re-issue of that (there's obviously a lot of interest!)