Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Split

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]M. Night Shyamalan[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Haley Lu Richardson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James McAvoy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Sula[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anya Taylor-Joy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kim Director[/ACTOR]

Plot: [PLOT][/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: MrsRobinson
So my thoughts on this @Flloydo...

The whole thing was pretty weird and I couldn't figure out what was going to happen half the time, which kept me hooked! I love how well it hid all the clues until the very end when everything suddenly became quite obvious. I mean, they were always staring us in the face, yet I just sort of ignored them... like even just the poster for example - as soon as they first released it online it instantly made me think of Unbreakable with the cracked glass...

View attachment 302142 View attachment 302143

And then when the doctor made a comment about how her patients were super natural I just kind of chuckled to myself and thought "a bit like in Unbreakable", without even considering that it could in fact be connected. My jaw literally dropped at the end when that woman mentioned a wheelchair and Bruce Willis appeared. :OMG:

Can't wait to rewatch it again with all this in mind... and just imagining the possibilities for the Unbreakable sequel blows my mind! Unbreakable has always been my favourite film of Shyamalan's, and also one of my favourite superhero movies (if you can call it that), so I'm super excited to see how he continues it all. :D

Oh, and McAvoy was incredible! He pulled off each of the personalities perfectly... it's as if they were completely different people. Really hope he's in Unbreakable 2 alongside Bruce and SLJ.

Glad you liked it mate,
Oh yeah with the posters! That's quality

See unfortunately I knew about the Willis cameo because of stumbling in the unbreakable 2 thread but i had forgot about that when I was watching it. But it all clicked when like you said the patients and superheroes was mentioned. I could see where it was going

Plus where she mentioned the blind woman who had 3 peronalities and one of them had sight etc. I could see where he wanted to go with the idea and tbh I like that idea.

I liked how his personalities had hid the nicer one for like 3 years (since the bus he says at the end in 2014) and developing this plan without certain personalities getting involved but also some of the others trying to destroy the plan with the emails. and i like the whole sitting in a waiting room until one see the light etc.

I'm still up in the air with the ending, I think it's cool he's finally created a universe but this is such a different film to unbreakable even with the look and feel. Unbreakable is filmed with like a blue depressing look and it works whereas this was very different in that sense.
and I read up after that McAvoys character was written for unbreakable but it just didn't work at the time and some of the original ideas are used in this which I found cool. Also Phoenix was orginally cast as Barry/ Patricia etc - that would of been interesting but McAvoy absolutely smashed it

The casey girl was so hot and I liked her character but I could see her back story a mile off except I actually thought the uncle might of killed him - that horrible scene when he's getting naked in the forest to play animals with her - man that was horrible but I thought he killed the dad just before that.

How bad was the Window part, I didn't know if I wanted to cry or laugh!

And the whole idea was definately more enjoyable and executed better than identity lol remember that? I used to love that film lol

The whole last 20 mins was so good, did you realise earlier when I said McAvoy is a beast in that film? Lol I just had to, and he plays every personality so well.

Sixth sense was always my favourite and then unbreakable and the village were always next for me with signs following them and I used to love unbreakable but I find it quite drawn out now, not much happens and him only working on one case always got to me but it's been a very long time since I've seen it so I would love to give it another go and see if I still feel the same considering before I was amazed by it. Maybe it's because I watched it too much when I was younger.

Even without the whole unbreakable ending its mad to see McAvoys character actually get away.
Also did I miss something about the zoo? The ending and the way the animals are filmed make it look like another big twist but I also couldn't work out if my brain automatically thinks that with a M night film lol

I doubt Mr. glass is still alive to be fair mate. It's been 15 years and don't that woman say it as if he's already passed?

Oh this did kinda annoy me and also makes me think about my previous comment about David only dealing with one case. That ending is apparently David finally accepting there are others like him and SLJ in the world!!!! Really?? It's been 15 years mate, what you been doing since you became a superhero for 24 hours?
So that annoyed me when I read that.

But split as a one off film I think is great, I'm not sure it will work mixing it with unbreakable tbh but let's see what they decide to do because it's 100% happening, he's currently writing it (the deal with Disney was M night can use Willis for the cameo for free only if Disney share profits with universals for the split/ unbreakable sequel)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon