• Lenticular

Votes: 33 25.0%
  • One-Click

Votes: 17 12.9%

• Total voters
Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: August 31, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip Type A - Full Slip Type B - Lenticular - One Click - Pre-order on August 18 at 2 PM (Korea Time)
Price: $34.99
Note: Total print run is 3000. Full Slip A (800 copies) - Full Slip B (1100 copies) - Lenticular (1100 copies)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Cooey

Full Slip Type A | Full Slip Type B | Lenticular

13669518_1910255682534973_8631923378552729936_o.jpg 13710738_1910255759201632_6641242114790466687_o.jpg 13731978_1910255765868298_1717213676696942931_o.jpg

Disc Spec

Video : 1080P HD 1.85:1 AVC
Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1
Subtilte: Korean, English

*Special Features
Audio Commentary with Im Pil-Seong (Korean Director & Han Dong won Columnist)
Uncovering the Truth: A Spotlight Team Roundtable
Spotlight: A Look Inside
The State of Journalism

1.jpg
12799280_543329469181472_1068731112769753908_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is gonna be tough for me, I think I'm gonna rule out the Lenticular since the other two look too good. Hmmmm

From Kimchi's FB:
International Customers
We notify that "Spotlight Steelbook Limited Edition (Kimchidvd Exclusive No.41)" will be released at 31st of August 2016.
They will be sold into the Domestic and Overseas at the same time..
* The pre order Date : 2016-08-18 14:00 (PM2:00 Korea Time)
* Release Date : 2016-08-31
* First Price : USD34.99
* Print Run : Total 3K

Fullslip Limited Edition (Type A) : 800 copies
Fullslip Limited Edition (Type B) : 1,100 copies
Lenticular Limited Edition : 1,100 copies
One Click : TBD

* Disc Spec
Video: 1080P HD 1.85:1 AVC

*Special Features
Audio Commentary with Im Pil-Seong (Director : Antarctic Journal & Scarlet Innocence) & Han Dong Won(Movie Columnist)
The State of Journalism

Thanks

From Kimchi's FB:
International Customers
We notify that "Spotlight Steelbook Limited Edition (Kimchidvd Exclusive No.41)" will be released at 31st of August 2016.
They will be sold into the Domestic and Overseas at the same time..
* The pre order Date : 2016-08-18 14:00 (PM2:00 Korea Time)
* Release Date : 2016-08-31
* First Price : USD34.99
* Print Run : Total 3K

Fullslip Limited Edition (Type A) : 800 copies
Fullslip Limited Edition (Type B) : 1,100 copies
Lenticular Limited Edition : 1,100 copies
One Click : TBD

* Disc Spec
Video: 1080P HD 1.85:1 AVC

*Special Features
Audio Commentary with Im Pil-Seong (Director : Antarctic Journal & Scarlet Innocence) & Han Dong Won(Movie Columnist)
The State of Journalism

Thanks
Thanks for sharing!

OP updated.

• Thanks
Reactions: anae31
What's peeps thoughts on this selling out?

I collect the blu collection but I wanted to wait for in hand pics plus there is too many other premium editions this month.

Not sure if I should risk it

I collect the blu collection but I wanted to wait for in hand pics plus there is too many other premium editions this month.

Well the group buy has been open for over 2 hours now with only 16 replys. When you compare that to some recent Kimchi GB's it should give you an indication of it's popularity. I had never seen nor heard of this movie until Kimchi's reveal a couple of weeks ago. I don't think it will be a quick sell out personally.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and Flloydo
Just joined the groupbuy as I'm worried this will sell out, its one of my favorite movies of the year & I want to guarantee myself a copy.

Yeah, there's only 16 replies on the groupbuy page, but everyone might have the same thought, "oh, not many joined the groupbuy, I'll pick one up easy on preorder day." I thought the same with It Follows & missed out on the Fullslip the first time they went up for preorder.

I'm starting to think it won't

Or like whiplash some will appear later. It's too niche

I'm going to risk it
Even if it was to sell out and let's say worst case scenario you miss it, is it really going to command a high price in the secondary market? I doubt it. You may even find it cheaper than Kimchi's cost price.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm going to wait for pre-order date and try my luck there. If I get it I get, I don't I don't. There's more fun hunting it online on release date. You get that sense of satisfaction :) If I miss out then I'm not hunting one for ebay prices but a bonus if I can get it cost price.

Shipping fees are killing the GB for me.

Will try my luck directly on the day.

Can't help the shipping fees, sorry bud.

As for it selling out, I think it will sell out just not as fast as Deadpool or Captain America. Its not as big a title as those two, it's more of a niche title but will still prove popular.

This should be easy to get secondary market for less. I don't know anyone who loved it, talks about it, or even remembers it existed much less winning best picture...

• Thanks
I'm starting to think it won't

Or like whiplash some will appear later. It's too niche

I'm going to risk it

It's not necessarily "niche" but it's not an action/adventure film and is heavy on dialogue. The worldwide appeal is quite limited, this will be more similar to Nightcrawler, which still has not sold out over at NovaMedia. Whether this sells out depends on the print run.

• Thanks
It's not necessarily "niche" but it's not an action/adventure film and is heavy on dialogue. The worldwide appeal is quite limited, this will be more similar to Nightcrawler, which still has not sold out over at NovaMedia. Whether this sells out depends on the print run.

Pretty much the whole blu collection minus the raid are like what you stated and most my kimchi releases are that kind too like eternal sunshine, memento, Dallas buyers club, her and I love that about kimchi.
But I can't see this selling to well plus the slip I want is quite a high print run so I think I might be safe.

Like others have mentioned eBay will be roughly the same price anyway plus kimchi do re stock at times and this is the kind of title it will happen to like whiplash

I still want it but there's too many other kimchi, blu fans, manta etc releases that take priority over this for the next month. Im waiting for pics just incase I prefer another slip

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC