Spring - Love Is A Monster (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive-exclusive #001) [Germany]

Which artwork do you prefer for the full-slip?

• Cover A

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Cover B

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monsterzebra

The Marvel Guy
Premium Supporter
May 22, 2014
Germany
Release date: November 6, 2015
Purchase link: SteelArchive - SOLD OUT
Price: €34.95
Group buy: @merowinger

spring-steelbook-blu-ray.jpg

Hi folks,

I'm glad to be allowed to introduce the first exclusive edition of an upcoming german retailer called "Steelarchive".

http://www.steelarchive-shop.com/index.php

Features:
- Full-Slip
- Limited to 100 copies (1 copy per customer)
- Numbered (with card)
+ other goodies (TBA)

Artwork (full-slip):
Front:

20-thickbox_default.jpg

Back:
21-thickbox_default.jpg

Artwork poll (ended):

Please cast your vote for one of the following artworks in the poll (and/or comment which one you prefer).

"Cover A (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427676077.jpg

"Cover B (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427682083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ehm ... yes, i have direct contact with Steelarchive and asked them to start a GB on this forum. I asked @apsmith21 about a good starting time for US members. I'm open to suggestions ^^

The Steelbooks will NOT ship by myself ^^ i will only collect the money/addresses and sent it to steelarchive. So it should be no chance for duplicate orders.

oh ... and ... If there is no GB desired ... i will cancel it ^^

Yes, GB please!! :D

As for a suggested GB time for us in the States...I think a time between 15:00 - 20:00 CST (Berlin) is reasonable?

Obviously, this is always a point of contention when dealing with international customers across the world, as there is never truly a good time for 100% of us out there.

Well this defiantly looks interesting. However with only 10 in the group buy I think there will be a lot of people who want this left out. If by chance I can score a spot when it goes live I'm defiantly gonna try. Lol like prob 20 others lol. Good luck to all who try and get this.

ehm ... yes, i have direct contact with Steelarchive and asked them to start a GB on this forum. I asked @apsmith21 about a good starting time for US members. I'm open to suggestions ^^

The Steelbooks will NOT ship by myself ^^ i will only collect the money/addresses and sent it to steelarchive. So it should be no chance for duplicate orders.

oh ... and ... If there is no GB desired ... i will cancel it ^^
Hey there
Definitely in for the GB but don't forget us European members when working out a time please. Thanks

I honestly think you guys are expecting the demand for this to be way more than it actually is.

This film is a very obscure/unheard of title. Out of my group of friends, I'm the only one who has even heard of it, let alone seen it. Sure, the print run is only 100, but this is the first release from a new company. Outside of everyone posting in this thread/the thread on blu-ray's forums/Facebook...I don't think many other people are interested, or even know about this release happening.

The GB is a good idea, but I'm glad he's only allowing 10 copies for it. I, myself, am not going to enter the GB. Even with only 90 copies available on SteelArchive's site, I believe that will be enough for everyone to get what they want. I don't want to toot my own horn, especially because I've never ordered from their site before, but I'm pretty fast at checking out. I usually get top 50 for every Plain Archive release. And I'd say that Plain Archive has a little big larger of a customer base than Steel Archive will. So you guys can worry all you want, and assume it will be a bloodbath, but I will be surprised & impressed if it sells out within the first couple hours it's up.

I honestly think you guys are expecting the demand for this to be way more than it actually is.

This film is a very obscure/unheard of title. Out of my group of friends, I'm the only one who has even heard of it, let alone seen it. Sure, the print run is only 100, but this is the first release from a new company. Outside of everyone posting in this thread/the thread on blu-ray's forums/Facebook...I don't think many other people are interested, or even know about this release happening.

The GB is a good idea, but I'm glad he's only allowing 10 copies for it. I, myself, am not going to enter the GB. Even with only 90 copies available on SteelArchive's site, I believe that will be enough for everyone to get what they want. I don't want to toot my own horn, especially because I've never ordered from their site before, but I'm pretty fast at checking out. I usually get top 50 for every Plain Archive release. And I'd say that Plain Archive has a little big larger of a customer base than Steel Archive will. So you guys can worry all you want, and assume it will be a bloodbath, but I will be surprised & impressed if it sells out within the first couple hours it's up.
You underestimate steelbook collectors. Simply BECAUSE it will be rare at 100 pieces- this is like a freakin' dinner bell to collectors. Lightning sellout I predict. (BlitzSteel??!!:LOL:...or would it be Blitz Alles Absetzen?)
And, @merowinger, a GB would be very cool of you to do. Thanks for creating an alternative opportunity.:thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: AnubisNefer

I REALLY hope you're right. I'll do my best to be online right when this goes live, but my hopes aren't high.

Get mine as well after you got yours two accounts at once :thumbs:

Do a raffle.Give a time period of 24 hours to enter your name in the raffle.That way it won't be a mad rush and no panic to try to get in the group buy.Have HDN or the group buy host randomly select 10 winners.That is the fairest way of doing it.Won't have to worry about your phone or computer going bonkers in the most crucial time of the day and nobody will have to miss any significant time trying to get in the group buy.

Do a raffle.Give a time period of 24 hours to enter your name in the raffle.That way it won't be a mad rush and no panic to try to get in the group buy.Have HDN or the group buy host randomly select 10 winners.That is the fairest way of doing it.Won't have to worry about your phone or computer going bonkers in the most crucial time of the day and nobody will have to miss any significant time trying to get in the group buy.

Excellent idea!

If I get in on the GB, and then also am able to order directly from Steel Archive, can I relinquish my position in the GB to someone who didn't make the cutoff?

Basically, try and join the group buy as a fail safe. That way if I miss out on the normal pre-order, I'll still have this copy?