Spring - Love Is A Monster (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive-exclusive #001) [Germany]

Which artwork do you prefer for the full-slip?

• Cover A

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Cover B

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monsterzebra

The Marvel Guy
Premium Supporter
May 22, 2014
Germany
Release date: November 6, 2015
Purchase link: SteelArchive - SOLD OUT
Price: €34.95
Group buy: @merowinger

spring-steelbook-blu-ray.jpg

Hi folks,

I'm glad to be allowed to introduce the first exclusive edition of an upcoming german retailer called "Steelarchive".

http://www.steelarchive-shop.com/index.php

Features:
- Full-Slip
- Limited to 100 copies (1 copy per customer)
- Numbered (with card)
+ other goodies (TBA)

Artwork (full-slip):
Front:

20-thickbox_default.jpg

Back:
21-thickbox_default.jpg

Artwork poll (ended):

Please cast your vote for one of the following artworks in the poll (and/or comment which one you prefer).

"Cover A (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427676077.jpg

"Cover B (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427682083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious on what this will look like, but I already know that I won't be buying this.

I don't want to have a numbered card, the number should be on the slip for both the print run and the following number of the collection. At least that's what I want as a collector.

That's the same reason I stopped buying the HDZeta and Kimchi releases.

I don't really care so much about the xxx/xxx number on the bottom, a card is fine. But, I really like having the collection number on the spine. 00 or 01 for this guy. That's why I haven't gotten into D'ailly company as much. FilmArena doesn't have the numbered releases/spine, which is a drag. But at least they have a numbering sticker AND card.

Can this be ordered direct for international customers or is a GB necessary? Where are you @merowinger?

@monsterzebra, are you our huckleberry on this?!!
:D

Do they ship international?

how can i get one. it will be grail ( only 100, 1st steel of the company )

As i already mentioned, i will keep you guys up to date as good as i can. :)

@C.C. 95 , you might call me Huckleberry if you want to, yeh. [emoji14]

As far as i remember they're shipping worldwide, so there's no need for a GB i think. I've already asked them about that and will post the answer once i got it from Steelarchive. ;)

I am definitely interested to see where this goes. Watched the trailer and I am intrigued. 100 copies is pretty low...maybe we have another FA type retailer on our hands.

I don't really care so much about the xxx/xxx number on the bottom, a card is fine. But, I really like having the collection number on the spine. 00 or 01 for this guy. That's why I haven't gotten into D'ailly company as much. FilmArena doesn't have the numbered releases/spine, which is a drag. But at least they have a numbering sticker AND card.

I think the lack of spine numbering is a good thing when it comes to Film Arena. It is great for those who will buy anything and everything to keep a complete collection but for others who are more picky when it comes to the quality of the films or Steelbooks themselves, it is nice not to have the incentive of keeping a complete collection. The popularity and the sheer volume of exclusives being released by Film Arena at the moment is making it increasingly difficult anyway.

Last edited:
I'm really happy and excited that germans are trying to get into the game since our Steelbook releases are most of the time a big let down :facepalm:
I'm curious since steel archive got a distribution deal for the FA editions over here in Germany maybe they will use the same production company for
their Full Slips like FA. So the quality would be FA like top notch :rolleyes: but thats just guessing

Only thing I must admit, why steel archive. They could a little bit more creative with the name since there is already a company for physical media with "archive" in the name (by the way the #1 company in the world :smug::smuggrin::joy::drool::notworthy:)

Last edited:
Worldwide shipping has been confirmed by Steelarchive. :)

Not sure if the limitation is an indicator for the need of International shipping? o_O
Just saying that it isn't as cost prohibitive to ship only 100 items as opposed to thousands worldwide!
(Example: I wouldn't worry about shipping 5 widgets to Germany, but 10,000 I'm gonna have think twice about...);)

1. The Steelarchive site is now back online - please do not create user profiles for now, the site is still in development (according to the notification on the site)!

Looks like you guys won't have to learn german since the site's in english. :LOL:
Also, there's a currency changing option in the upper right corner.

Like i said, please keep in mind that the site's not finished yet - so there might be some errors or lack of performance at some point. :)

upload_2015-7-6_16-10-53.png

2. Regarding the artwork for the full-slip:
Steelarchive are currently awaiting the approval from Koch Media for the different artworks they created.
Depending on how many artworks get approved, Steelarchive are planning to start several polls on Facebook and some forums (for HDN right here in this thread) to see, which artwork(s) the collectors would like to see on the slip. :)

More infos tba. :thumbs:

1. The Steelarchive site is now back online - please do not create user profiles for now, the site is still in development (according to the notification on the site)!

Looks like you guys won't have to learn german since the site's in english. :LOL:
Also, there's a currency changing option in the upper right corner.

Like i said, please keep in mind that the site's not finished yet - so there might be some errors or lack of performance at some point. :)

View attachment 172335

2. Regarding the artwork for the full-slip:
Steelarchive are currently awaiting the approval from Koch Media for the different artworks they created.
Depending on how many artworks get approved, Steelarchive are planning to start several polls on Facebook and some forums (for HDN right here in this thread) to see, which artwork(s) the collectors would like to see on the slip. :)

More infos tba. :thumbs:
Can not wait to cast my vote:)
Thanks for sharing infos!

Reactions: AnubisNefer