Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £23.99 (Zavvi) - £22.99 (HMV) - £22.99 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zoom)

01-356408.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are going to have the same artwork, preorder will be getting cancelled because the print run will be massive. Two words spring to mind "price drop"

The lenti is the one to get, surely.

Yes, a complete no-brainer choice (the Zoom exclusive) and on top of that the cheapest of the lot @GBP 22.49 and hopefully with a different image on the magnet to the image above which is not great.

Still favour this design by BLT COMMUNICATIONS with photography by JAIMIE TRUEBLOOD for the lenti - looks interesting with those colours and with some depth should be just fine:-

From the official artwork posters maybe this one inside:-

. . . and this one on the back cover:-

. . . although hopefully they'll use something original instead of any of these (would be my honest opinion).

The only concern that I have with Zoom is their use of padded envelopes for steelbooks - keeping my fingers crossed that by the time this steel is released they will be using more suitable packaging . . .

Last edited:
Cancelling if that's the final art. Garbage

Fingers crossed its the colourful old school art style shown on the first page

I've ordered from zoom (lenti) and zavvi and if both are Spock I'll cancel and pick a better version or cheaper after a price drop if there is not much choice but would like to get it to complete the collection.

I'm also hoping this is better than into darkness but I won't hold my breathe

@Flash - that one could still be used for the Zoom lenti (which I wouldn't mind)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, feeling a bit short-changed with the steelbook release for this the third of the re-boots - with only ONE SB this time (OK, two, if you count the lenti stuck on as a separate steel . . . ).
Quite a few steelbook releases for the previous two films and I'm genuinely surprised for #3 . . . and in the 50th Anniversary year of the Original TV Series too ! (I'm not counting the three films in one steelbook edition).
Hoping for a September release to coincide with the first episode broadcast in September 1966.
#1 - STAR TREK XI: 3 disc Play.com from 2009----"Hero" Edition Zavvi 2013 ------"Villain" (Variant) Edition Zavvi 2013--------1 disc re-issue Zavvi 2013 (and that's just in the U.K.):-
8336_large.jpg
65925_large.jpg
99278_large.jpg
66685_large.jpg

#2 - STAR TREK XII: INTO DARKNESS from 2013 -----2 x Entertainment Store exclusives with one I believe only available inside the giftset:-
78856_large.jpg
85802_large.jpg
77824_large.jpg
51-GjJN85bL.jpg

#3 - STAR TREK XIII: BEYOND-------------Zoom Exclusive lenti ?????
160401_large.jpg
upload_2016-7-24_2-46-42.jpeg
Giftset available - Amazon Exclusive - with cool model but unfortunately inside only Amaray edition instead of steelbook with different artwork - unlike the Entertainment Store exclusive above - so not interested (especially for the 60 quid current price)

81ajVw8WUoL._SL1500_.jpg

@Flash - that one could still be used for the Zoom lenti (which I wouldn't mind)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, feeling a bit short-changed with the steelbook release for this the third of the re-boots - with only ONE SB this time (OK, two, if you count the lenti stuck on as a separate steel . . . ).
Quite a few steelbook releases for the previous two films and I'm genuinely surprised for #3 . . . and in the 50th Anniversary year of the Original TV Series too ! (I'm not counting the three films in one steelbook edition).
Hoping for a September release to coincide with the first episode broadcast in September 1966.
#1 - STAR TREK XI: 3 disc Play.com from 2009----"Hero" Edition Zavvi 2013 ------"Villain" (Variant) Edition Zavvi 2013--------1 disc re-issue Zavvi 2013 (and that's just in the U.K.):-
8336_large.jpg
65925_large.jpg
99278_large.jpg
66685_large.jpg

#2 - STAR TREK XII: INTO DARKNESS from 2013 -----2 x Entertainment Store exclusives with one I believe only available inside the giftset:-
78856_large.jpg
85802_large.jpg
77824_large.jpg
51-GjJN85bL.jpg

#3 - STAR TREK XIII: BEYOND-------------Zoom Exclusive lenti ?????
160401_large.jpg
View attachment 254093
Giftset available - Amazon Exclusive - with cool model but unfortunately inside only Amaray edition instead of steelbook with different artwork - unlike the Entertainment Store exclusive above - so not interested (especially for the 60 quid current price)

81ajVw8WUoL._SL1500_.jpg

Maybe different countries will get different steelbooks.