Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £23.99 (Zavvi) - £22.99 (HMV) - £22.99 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zoom)

01-356408.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Flash - that one could still be used for the Zoom lenti (which I wouldn't mind)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, feeling a bit short-changed with the steelbook release for this the third of the re-boots - with only ONE SB this time (OK, two, if you count the lenti stuck on as a separate steel . . . ).
Quite a few steelbook releases for the previous two films and I'm genuinely surprised for #3 . . . and in the 50th Anniversary year of the Original TV Series too ! (I'm not counting the three films in one steelbook edition).
Hoping for a September release to coincide with the first episode broadcast in September 1966.
#1 - STAR TREK XI: 3 disc Play.com from 2009----"Hero" Edition Zavvi 2013 ------"Villain" (Variant) Edition Zavvi 2013--------1 disc re-issue Zavvi 2013 (and that's just in the U.K.):-
8336_large.jpg
65925_large.jpg
99278_large.jpg
66685_large.jpg

#2 - STAR TREK XII: INTO DARKNESS from 2013 -----2 x Entertainment Store exclusives with one I believe only available inside the giftset:-
78856_large.jpg
85802_large.jpg
77824_large.jpg
51-GjJN85bL.jpg

#3 - STAR TREK XIII: BEYOND-------------Zoom Exclusive lenti ?????
160401_large.jpg
View attachment 254093
Giftset available - Amazon Exclusive - with cool model but unfortunately inside only Amaray edition instead of steelbook with different artwork - unlike the Entertainment Store exclusive above - so not interested (especially for the 60 quid current price)

81ajVw8WUoL._SL1500_.jpg
I would really like that. To be honest I am glad there doesn't seem to be too many versions as you struggle to choose.

Does anyone know if this edition from Amazon Italy is the final artwork?
View attachment 254478
It's not known for sure yet
It might just be a mock up and gets changed to same as UK steelbook but it is also possible it's exclusive artwork as they did have exclusive artwork for BVS

It's just a matter of waiting closer to release date to see if any photos get updated on their website or Scanavo website show details of the actual steelbook

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelbookzombie
It's not known for sure yet
It might just be a mock up and gets changed to same as UK steelbook but it is also possible it's exclusive artwork as they did have exclusive artwork for BVS

It's just a matter of waiting closer to release date to see if any photos get updated on their website or Scanavo website show details of the actual steelbook
Ok thanks I'm keeping my fingers crossed then as I really like this!

Reactions: paulboland
Yes, that looks pretty dramatic although very unlike previous STAR TREK steels . . . more like the recent STAR WARS re-issues with the big head artwork;-
maxresdefault.jpg

Does anyone know if this edition from Amazon Italy is the final artwork?
View attachment 254478

I have a feeling that will be Italy's art.
Few reasons like the mock up looks like it has actually had some time put into it, various steels for the previous films including 2 for the last film on release day for the UK (which Is kinda why I thought zavvi and zoom would have different art and not just a lenti of the same image differentiating them)
And because I can just see different art for this in other countires. Have the feeling in my bones

Italy's art is cool and would prefer that instead of Spock but it's missing the 3D so I'll pass

A little bit more up for this film now although It's been quite quiet compared to the last 2

Price on this exclusive lenticular steelbook now reduced to GBP 22.99 - or GBP 20.69 with code.

"Customers who have already reserved will have the difference refunded if paid by Paypal & the lower amount charged on dispatch if paid by card.
If you used a code we will apply it to the new price."
Wrong thread and old news dude.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Depends on what the print run is in the UK
Each retailer would have been given an allocation from the print run
So it's possible a retailer can be sold out of that allocation before another retailer
If the film studio distributor have more stock then a retailer can order more before or after release date if any stock is available

I would though expect the print run be at least 4,000 to 6,000 in the UK

The same steelbook is getting released in some other European countries so stock can easily be ordered

Italy looks at the moment of having another WEA release

Last edited:
Frankly, was a little underwhelmed with this movie. Didn't have the flare of the last 2 movies, plot was a little perfunctory and the climax..... Meh.

Got the previous (J J Abrams) steels but might even cancel my preorder on this 3rd instalment.

back in stock at Zavvi, like it was ever sold out to begin with :rofl:
They just ordered more :p that how a retailer works
It's different when you have an exclusive where you agree to take all the stock.

With a trade wide general release a retailer would put an initial order in sometimes it's a set amount allocated to each retailer or just the buyer for the retailer choosing the amount to order as long as the distributor has stock available you order more if required

• Thanks
Reactions: dLux