Star Trek Beyond - In theaters July 22, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Trek 3 (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Justin Lin[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Zoe Saldana[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Pine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zachary Quinto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karl Urban[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anton Yelchin[/ACTOR]

Plot: The third film in the reboot trilogy.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

star_trek_badge.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
“We’re definitely talking about the next one, but we haven’t talked about a release date. We don’t want to wait four years, the same amount of time between the last one and this one, but [2016] is going to be a big year to celebrate, hopefully.”
So... 2016 is their 50th anniversary! :)

The Hollywood Reporter claims that original scribes Alex Kurtzman And Roberto Orci are in negotiations to pen a further installment of the Star Trek franchise, with J.J. Abrams said to be in talks to produce. The site say though that Damon Lindelof, who also has a writing credit on Star Trek Into Darkness, will not be back. It seems we'll also have a new director as Abrams sets about getting to work on Star Wars Episode VII..but who will it be? GI: JOE: Retaliation helmer Jon Chu is rumored but nothing official as of yet.
Same writers but new director!
Could be interesting to see!!!

The big question: what about the glares? :hilarious:

Those damn glares! LOL!

Bring on part 3! I love these films! Into Darkness was awesome! :scat: Jon Chu is rumored, I hope not. Which director would you like to direct part 3? My top picks would be Neill Blomkamp ( District 9, Elysium ) or Joseph Kosinski ( Tron Legacy, Oblivion ) :thumbs:

Reactions: tridon
Please NOT Jon Chu! JJ Abrams should just complete the trilogy and direct himself, he did a standout job on the first two.

But if it has to be someone else... no Jon Chu... the two recommendations above from bloodsnake would be much better imo...

NOT Jon Chu... please! I think that the two options for director that bloodsnake007 named off would be perfect, natural choices. I'd also like to list Matt Reeves (Cloverfield) and Drew Goddard (Cabin in the Woods) as excellent choices since they both have a history of working with JJ Abrams.

Chu is unlikely since Paramount already announced their plan for GI Joe 3 with Chu on board.

Another rumor:
A source tells Cinematallica that Wyatt is “virtually a lock at this stage in the game” to sign on to the project. This is far from an official announcement, but there is a compelling case for Wyatt’s chances.
Wyatt is directing Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel at the moment.

NOT Jon Chu... please! I think that the two options for director that bloodsnake007 named off would be perfect, natural choices. I'd also like to list Matt Reeves (Cloverfield) and Drew Goddard (Cabin in the Woods) as excellent choices since they both have a history of working with JJ Abrams.

You're right Tridon! I completely forgot about Matt Reeves, Cloverfield is an awesome film. I still remember the teaser trailer that was released with Transformers! :scat: I really enjoyed Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and I'm super excited for Dawn of the Apes. So yes, Matt Reeves would be an awesome choice as director as well. :thumbs:

Roberto Orci to Direct ‘Star Trek 3′ (EXCLUSIVE)!

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/roberto-orci-to-direct-star-trek-3-1201180140/

After weeks of rumblings that he was the frontrunner, sources have told Variety that Skydance and Paramount have tapped Roberto Orci to direct Paramount and Skydance’s “Star Trek 3.”

Orci is currently writing the story with J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay and had been campaigning to replace J.J. Abrams as director for some time. Abrams is busy with directing the next installment of the “Star Wars” franchise and will only be producing this pic.

Par, Skydance and his reps had no comment.

Plot details are unknown but the cast, which includes Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto, are expected to return. J.J. Abrams will produce along with his producing partner Bryan Burke and Skydance’s David Ellison.

The news comes on the heals of Orci and long-time directing partner Alex Kurtzman going their separate ways on future film-making endeavors (although their TV production company is staying intact). Sources had told Variety both were looking to direct more pics and that going solo would be in the best interest of both parties.

:movie:

Reactions: Drum18
At least they got someone who knows the universe.first time directing something major, though.I wish j.J would have stayed with the better of the "Star" movies.

While I still wish J.J was in the directors chair, I welcome the news of Orci being the director for the third film. He was a co-writer on The Island, which for me is an incredible film, but he was also involved in the previous two Star Trek reboot films. Both of them I thoroughly enjoyed, so Orci knows the new Trek universe that J.J was creating, so I hope it will feel right with whatever storyline they go with.

That in itself will be interesting, the story. Do they go with something new or something familiar. The original Star Trek III was all about Spock's death at the end of Wrath of Khan, but here we don't have that since Kirk was revived at the end of Into Darkness. Khan is sleeping sound in cyro so I can only think that something new is the way to go.

Ah heck, I just want more Star Trek films!

That would be a fantastic way to bring up 2016 with the new release of Startrek 3. I have both part 1 and 2 of these steelbooks and i absolutely love these moves and hearing the wonderfull news of a new Startrek on the way makes it more exciting and rewarding

thanks for sharing the news out mate.

Cheers...

The reboot was better than I expected, but Into Darkness was a very smelly if highly polished turd of a movie. If Abrams isn't directing that is good news; I've decided to avoid anything he directs from now on (I'm beyond sick of his 'lens flare' fetish). It would be nice if it had some kind of cohesive plot and half decent writing too; so less whining from Uhura, less 'comic relief' from Scotty, and no substandard 'ripping off' of old Star Trek movies.

BREAKING NEWS: Roberto Orci no longer directing Star Trek 3!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/389701-breaking-bob-orci-removed-from-star-trek-3#/slide/1

Although he was confirmed for the director’s chair this past summer, Bob Orci will no longer direct the upcoming, still unofficially titled, Star Trek 3 (or 13, depending on your personal understanding of temporal dynamics). What’s more, Deadline brings word that, among the potential replacements on Paramount Pictures’ short list, is none other than Shaun of the Deadand The World’s End helmer Edgar Wright!

There’s no word yet on the reason for Orci’s departure and it is still believed that the film will move forward with the same screenplay, scripted by Orci, Patrick McKay and J.D. Payne. Although a release date has not been specified, it is widely believed that the plan is for the film to hit theaters in 2016, as the year marks the 50th anniversary of the “Star Trek” franchise.
popcorn2.gif

Wasnt this confirmed a few weeks ago. Or did anything else changed after that announcement?
Today was the 1st I heard of it :thumbs: Since no one posted the news, I thought I would ;)

Now I wonder who will be at the helm?! :ohno: Doug Liman, director of 'Edge of Tomorrow' would be awesome! :woot:

They need to find someone, and fast.At this rate there movie won't make the anniversary.

I'm glad Edgar Wright turned down the job.Edgar makes good movies, but this kinda thing is something i can't see him being good at.Orci was the best choice working so closely with J.J.( who is still producing and is heading the director search) But maybe he got cold feet.The story he was writing sounded awesome as well.

I hope the rumors aren't true they want someone to Make Trek Guardians Of The Galaxy.That movie was awesome, but why try ad change the whole tone of a movie?

No more lens flares :) with Star Wars 7/8/9 coming I see very little Star Trek franch can do to stay a float. Blood bath incoming!