Star Trek Film Steelbooks

Would you purchase the Star Trek Films (I-X) in Steelbooks?

• Yes-all

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Only some

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Depends on art

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL OF THE ORIGINAL STAR TREK FILMS

Would you like to see any of the star trek films (I-X) released as steelbooks? If so, which ones?

ALL OF THE ORIGINAL STAR TREK FILMS, and Im not a big Treky fan but it would make sense to do all of them for people to collect.

I'm not too bothered about the first six, but Generations and First Contact deserve the SteelBook treatment if nothing else. Insurrection and Nemesis would also make nice SteelBooks if the original artwork is preserved

BUMP! Love to see more Star Trek movies in steelbook form.

Haha The Search for Spock was on last night, looked lovely in HD. Don't have them on blu yet, looking at the 1-10 remastered box set for £50, nice but I'd rather have steels :D

Agree thread does need a poll added.

I would say rather all steelbooks, or at least two collections 1-6 jumbo steel, all white, 7-10 jumbo steel all black. But I would prefer separate releases for each.

^^ nooo not jumbo - are u high? lol - shld be done like this:

Steelbook 1

Star Trek: The Motion Picture Anthology - Vol 1
- The Motion Picture (disc 1)
- The Wrath of Khan (disc 2)
- The Search for Spock (disc 3)

Steelbook 2

Star Trek: The Motion Picture Anthology - Vol 2
- The Voyage Home (disc 1)
- The Final Frontier (disc 2)
- The Undiscovered Country (disc 3)

Steelbook 3

Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Anthology
- Generations (disc 1)
- First Contact (disc 2)
- Insurrection (disc 3)
- Nemesis (disc 4)

2 triple disc steels for the original films, and one 4 disc steel for the next generation films :cool: :cool: :cool:

( i haven't checked but i presume all the films are single disc bluray releases? so no bonus discs 2 worry about :thumbs: :movie:)

Nice idea but prefer single releases. Can't envision the art work on anthology. Poster artwork would be awesome on individual steels.

trekdomposters_zpse2dda30c.jpg

Last edited:
^^ yeah its true the original poster art wld look excellent on a steel 4 each film - as long as it wasnt done by Chavvi :thumbs:

but i'm sure theres loads of collected edition art of high quality also available - here's what i found quickly just now on amazon for example:

(possible MP Volume 1 art)

71UcmpO1QEL._SL1500_.jpg

which could be reversed like the other dude said above for Vol 2

FOBZWMs.jpg

and then something like this 4 Next Generation anthology

71%2BFxFPfV0L._SL1500_.jpg

- Edit -

original Theatrical poster art definitely wins overall tho :)

Like the stardate collection art work I must admit, simple but effective.

Nice idea but prefer single releases. Can't envision the art work on anthology. Poster artwork would be awesome on individual steels.

trekdomposters_zpse2dda30c.jpg

agreed on poster art, i personally would like the following same as i have on a special dvd set.

1. the motion picture - directors edition
2. the wrath of khan - directors edition
3. the search for spock - special edition
4. the voyage home - special edition
5. the final frontier - special edition
6. the undiscovered country - special edition
7. generations - special edition
8. first contact - special edition
9. Insurrection - special edition
10. nemsis - special edition

would want all as g2 individual steels, glossy and embossed they could be real master pieces done right and definetely NOT jumbos as some have said for me would ruin it fitting on shelf space. Also would like it mastered up in 4k for future tvs in mind as well but not written all over the front and spoil art that could be written all over back on the j-card and audio tarted up to cover those people so choice of 7.1 or 5.1 and finally make it region free for world wide sell

imagine below the rainbow colours embossed up and glossy along with ships wake trail embossed up as well then add in embossed up few of the stars as well, i think people would rip this off the shelfs so too speak i know i would.
220px-001-the_motion_picture_poster.png

i already have star trek and star trek into darkness on steels but if new ones where too come along with better artwork i would be up for those too as i think any true trekkie would and then would have a true collectors edition and blu-ray future proofed with all the whistles and bells.

I just hope someone out there of importance is reading this, it could be soo good for us all done right. :thumbs:

basil :D

Status
Not open for further replies.