Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 17th, 2015
Purchase link: Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan
Price: $14.99
Group Buy: apsmith21

khan-steelbook.png

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh so is goona be fs/best buy release again, thought this was just goona be fs release on this one.

btw info about release

While this new set will feature the first-ever Steelbook packaging for a classic Trek film, this is expected to be yet another reissue of the 2009 Blu-ray release already available in standalone form and as part of the 'Stardate' Trek film collection

great way to remember lenoard nimoy
RIP spock

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dfoles
It was only a matter of time after Nemoy's passing we started to see a bunch of these, I'll grab it for sure.

We lost Harve Bennet (84) to the next world last weekend as well :sorry:, the star trek producer for the first few films. Gutted, 2 Trek related deaths in a week. But it is nice to see some Trek steels, does anyone know if this is a one off or a series of releases.?

I've always loved Wrath of Khan. It really works, and is helped by its tie-in with the earlier Tv series providing a great and natural backstory that so many people coming ot the film would remember - it was one of the very best episodes after all.

Do hope they release the full series, and wonder if there will be a UK release - Zavvi would be most likely, of course, unless they came as a generic release.
Either way they would be very welcome.

I think there would be a lot more interest if they proposed a full set of Star Trek movie steelbooks. I've always had a soft spot for the 'whale' one myself.

True, that's when I picked my copy up, but wasn't that the first time that BB offered it?
I believe so. Previously, I think the artwork was used as a MetalPak for Walmart if I recall. But, this will be the second time the steel has been released at BBY.

Reactions: Jobby