Star Trek - In theaters May 08, 2009

Jan 30, 2009
England
Anyone going to see this at all?

Star+Trek+-+Teaser+Character+Movie+Posters+Combined.bmp

Follow the link for trailers and information on the film.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15645

My dad LOVED Star Trek, so I told myself I was going to see it in tribute to him, he made the universe grow on me. And this is even better, though it sounds like they took this and turned it into summer blockbuster material (big wars, explosions, etc.) Instead of the story, but I guess that's what the New TV show should be about.

i was never much of a star trek fan, but i did watch a lot of Next Generation when i was teen. THIS MOVIE WAS FANTASTIC! this is a star trek i would love to watch on a consistant basis.

and i thought the use of lens flares thru the entire movie was good choice. it gave the feel that something "big" was always going on.

boxoffice take is $31mil from thurday night to the end of friday.

Last edited:
i was never much of a star trek fan, but i did watch a lot of Next Generation when i was teen. THIS MOVIE WAS FANTASTIC! this is a star trek i would love to watch on a consistant basis.

and i thought the use of lens flares thru the entire movie was good choice. it gave the feel that something "big" was always going on.

boxoffice take is $31mil from thurday night to the end of friday.

I'm so excited! Glad to hear someone loved it, Chris and I are going tomorrow for Mom's Day. :scat::scat::scat::scat::scat::scat:

Ok just got back and i have to say that this movie kicked ass. I'm extremely far from being a trekkie. I've probable caught some tv episodes randomly on saturday afternoons, and i have never seen one of the movies.

This new movie was excellent in so many ways. Characters were great, story line was great. And it had great humor here and there. I can honestly say it's the best movie i've seen since dark knight.

That was funny to see that article about the Lens Flares, because i noticed them the whole time and they are in abundance. But i really like the look and feel they added to the movie. It did kind of give it it's own unique style.

So really all in all people should go see this. Even if you are not into star trek what so ever (because that's how i was) and I thought it was fantastic.

yeah i seen it on opening night with a bunch of friends who never even seen a full ep of any star trek and they all liked it. This is a really good way to get the younger generations into the franchise. Ill admit i do like star trek but im not a huge fan or anything, so all the new tech and modernized looks of hte enterprise was really awesome.

I also never noticed those light effects once during the movie.

yeah i seen it on opening night with a bunch of friends who never even seen a full ep of any star trek and they all liked it. This is a really good way to get the younger generations into the franchise. Ill admit i do like star trek but im not a huge fan or anything, so all the new tech and modernized looks of hte enterprise was really awesome.

I also never noticed those light effects once during the movie.

really?

it was happening like every 20 seconds, at times.

yeah, never noticed it once, i know i will now that i know about it. Ill just have to wait for the blu ray to see for sure.

I want to see this movie so bad, as a remembrance of my dad. He was a huge trekky, and got me hooked on the Next Generation. He passed away in 2007 and I know he would have loved this movie..

never got into star trek because it was so retro as a kid,i was only around for Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles,Ghost Busters,Dick Tracy,Child's play,The Wizard (Nintendo contest),Batman

that's about it,But I'll Pick up Star Trek on Blu-ray since it contains an Extra 30 minutes of never before seen material,should be good...i enjoy my movies at home because the theater here is under par when it comes to there surround sound.

WOW, Star Trek was GREAT lol,
but I remember when they first announced going to make this, I was saying to myself, who in the heck are they gonna get to play Spoc? I shrugged it off, then it was announced Zachary Quinto from Heroes, I said WHAT? no way, then after watching an episode, I said yeah, he works, he has the look and the height, and guess what? He was perfect for the role, way to go Zachary, and to JJ Abrams, wow, did an excellent job,
I have to admit, I kept watching to see if Kirk was gonna double karate chop a romulan in the back like he did in the 60's lol.............only ones who know what I am talking about might laff at this :p

Movie was AWESOME!! :scat::scat::scat: Absolutely loved it, wanna take the kids and go see it again. You all should go see this, one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Loved Spock and Kirk, the casting was great for all the characters. Eric Bana was great too!!! :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::movie::movie:

yeah they did a really good job with the casting in this one, pretty much everyone was dead on with what the original cast looked like in the 60's. I was very pleased with it and cant wait for the blu ray.