Amazon
HMV

Star Trek 10- Nemesis
Zavvi
Amazon
HMV

stset.jpg

Last edited:
@HornyRhino Is the code not for new customers only so can you only use it once?

it states for first time users when they sign up for the newsletter...But...

i have had an account with Zoom for nearly 2 years now and have used the signup10 code on every order i have ever placed on the site without any rejection or issues.

up until December they even had a 20% off code ... signup20 .... that lasted for well over 6 months :LOL: until they changed it to ... Signup10....

these are not like zavvi codes which might work or might not its a default code that always works.

so yes use to your hearts delight.:thumbs:

it states for first time users when they sign up for the newsletter...But...

i have had an account with Zoom for nearly 2 years now and have used the signup10 code on every order i have ever placed on the site without any rejection or issues.

up until December they even had a 20% off code ... signup20 .... that lasted for well over 6 months :LOL: until they changed it to ... Signup10....

these are not like zavvi codes which might work or might not its a default code that always works.

so yes use to your hearts delight.:thumbs:

Thank you :kiss:

You have been very kind and helpful :thumbs:

Reactions: HornyRhino
Don't know if the box Zoom is offering is any good to me, not a fan of clunking steel's together guaranteed paint chips, I bag all my open steel's. I know for the insignia spine logo to work then they have to be together though. Also sceptical as to the quality of the box itself, but best price so far for the Steel's themselves:thumbs:.

Don't know if the box Zoom is offering is any good to me, not a fan of clunking steel's together guaranteed paint chips, I bag all my open steel's. I know for the insignia spine logo to work then they have to be together though. Also sceptical as to the quality of the box itself, but best price so far for the Steel's themselves:thumbs:.

I see where you're coming from and as I've personally never ordered a box full of steelbooks (meant to pick up the BREAKING BAD COLLECTION when it dipped below 50 quid . . . but somehow missed it :() can't vouch for the strength of the box itself - maybe somebody that bought the BB set can let us know about the strength of that box . . . but then again the thickness of that box could be different to this one and with 10 steels instead of 6 it's going to need a really sturdy box, hopefully a Triple Wall.
Not worried about the steels being damaged in transit as the fit in the box should be as snug as bugs in a rug.
Also hope and trust that the packing box is a "made-to-measure" jobbie like those in which some Blu-ray giftsets are packaged such as the TRON/LEGACY Cube.

RE: PRICING and PRODUCT - obviously NO CONTEST . . . with Zoom taking the gold medal on pricing for the complete collection (25% cheaper than Amazon, HMV and Zavvi !!!) plus another gold for providing an EXCLUSIVE SLIPBOX to keep everything looking perfect :thumbs::thumbs:

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from and as I've personally never ordered a box full of steelbooks (meant to pick up the BREAKING BAD COLLECTION when it dipped below 50 quid . . . but somehow missed it :() can't vouch for the strength of the box itself - maybe somebody that bought the BB set can let us know about the strength of that box . . . but then again the thickness of that box could be different to this one and with 10 steels instead of 6 it's going to need a really sturdy box, hopefully a Triple Wall.
Not worried about the steels being damaged in transit as the fit in the box should be as snug as bugs in a rug.
Also hope and trust that the packing box is a "made-to-measure" jobbie like those in which some Blu-ray giftsets are packaged such as the TRON/LEGACY Cube.

RE: PRICING and PRODUCT - obviously NO CONTEST . . . with Zoom taking the gold medal on pricing for the complete collection (25% cheaper than Amazon, HMV and Zavvi !!!) plus another gold for providing an EXCLUSIVE SLIPBOX to keep everything looking perfect :thumbs::thumbs:
I did buy the Breaking Bad box and I threw the box away, very cheap card almost like paper.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
maybe somebody that bought the BB set can let us know about the strength of that box . . . but then again the thickness of that box could be different to this one and with 10 steels instead of 6 it's going to need a really sturdy box, hopefully a Triple Wall.

Breaking Bad wasn't even a box, it's more like a sheet of paper folded around it. I would sure hope that isn't the case with the set from Zoom.

i would still think that each steelbook would be individually wrapped with their own 1/4 slip then placed inside the box...

or even better a second shrink wrap covering the entire set then placed into the box :)

cant see them all being loose in the box with no wrappers...

i guess we will know soon enough.

ZOOM:
- Best price on the upcoming Anniversary STAR TREK steelbooks plus exclusive box to put them in (perfectly timed release here in the U.K. just four days before the cinema opening here of the latest Trek saga - STAR TREK BEYOND - and almost two months before the anniversary of the very first episode in September 1966).
- One of the sponsors of the Syfy channel

The world of U.K. steelbooks just got interesting with the emergence of a third player joining Zavvi and HMV.
Already placed a few steelbook orders with them instead of with other retailers and fingers crossed the orders arrive safely in excellent steelbook packaging and that if there's a problem it will be addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion.
Hopefully things will not go pear-shaped with the name Zoom serving as a reminder of Hunter Zolomon (aka ZOOM) the DC comics supervillain ranked #37 in IGN's list of the Top 100 Comic Book Villains of all Time . . .
ZOOM

Please excuse me if I'm asking a pretty obvious question. I've ordered the Directors Cut "Wrath of Khan" on Steelbook, but I'm a bit confused as to "the Undiscovered Country".

Being a fan of Steelbooks, but not a fan of being ripped off mercilessly at the hands of lazy greedy corporates, can I ask if there's any info as to whether the Directors Cut of TUC is included on Blu-Ray for this anniversary edition or is it just a cash grab repackage job?

Pretty shoddy way to treat the series and customers if it is, especially as the Directors Cut HD is available on iTunes for £6.99 on download.

Thanks in anticipation...

Please excuse me if I'm asking a pretty obvious question. I've ordered the Directors Cut "Wrath of Khan" on Steelbook, but I'm a bit confused as to "the Undiscovered Country".

Being a fan of Steelbooks, but not a fan of being ripped off mercilessly at the hands of lazy greedy corporates, can I ask if there's any info as to whether the Directors Cut of TUC is included on Blu-Ray for this anniversary edition or is it just a cash grab repackage job?

Pretty shoddy way to treat the series and customers if it is, especially as the Directors Cut HD is available on iTunes for £6.99 on download.

Thanks in anticipation...
As far as I am aware these are all theatrical versions of the films. The versions that had already been released on bluray. Wrath of Khan is the only exception as that was getting a remastered re-release anyway. None of the other films have been remastered or had HD versions of their director cuts.

As far as I am aware these are all theatrical versions of the films. The versions that had already been released on bluray. Wrath of Khan is the only exception as that was getting a remastered re-release anyway. None of the other films have been remastered or had HD versions of their director cuts.
It's the reason I always chose to not get 1 - 6 on bluray and made do with the DVDS (although I prefer the VHS version of 6 over the tweaked DVD version). But I don't think we will ever get another chance to have steelbooks with all the original posters on the front. So I will get these and if directors cut discs are ever released in future, they will be going into the steel.

order cancelled for the moment till see in hand pics and also think price will come down on these as look like they would have made a mill or so as available with zavvi hmv amazon and zoom.
also want to see in hand pics of zoom box i think will just be a cardboard wrapper rather than like quailty box of old dvd box set i have.

basil :thumbs:

It's hard to tell from the pictures but they look matte and the colours look a bit flat.

Hmm think I am glad I decided not to order

Yeah they are matte, and the colours aren't that great. Debossed titles but that doesn't save them. Glad I only bought 2 of em

Reactions: Flash