Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 20th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.it
Price: EUR 12.64

51uHjW71inL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be interested to find out the disc specs on this release. Was surprised there had been no previous steel but the issue around the blu ray versions mentioned explains that slightly. Preference would be no border but not a deal breaker. As for the film I rewatched this for the first time in well over twenty years and it was so much better than I remember. Great piece of Sci fi and one of my favourite Star Treks.

I hope. This is weird. Safari brings up the price as 17.55 on Amazon.it, but Chrome changes it to £17.55!!
Weird.

That's strange :wow:
Well, Firefox shows €.
In any case, even at 17,55€, it's quite expensive if you buy them at once :( I'd like to have them all, but only after a major price decrease :yawn:

That's strange :wow:
Well, Firefox shows €.
In any case, even at 17,55€, it's quite expensive if you buy them at once :( I'd like to have them all, but only after a major price decrease :yawn:

love the art poster art needed to be done
works out £13.92 after conversion but before any shipping.
personally need to know finish of this if is not high gloss for me a cheap matte is no good.
also would like to know if title has embossing/debossing?

@paulboland this be a universal steel? if so chances of gloss good?

basil :thumbs:

personally need to know finish of this if is not high gloss for me a cheap matte is no good.

Paramount, so could go either way.

Wasn't the US version of Star Trek II matte?

It's possible
This is a Paramount release but distribution yes is with universal in Europe

Hopefully it will be but can't say 100%

Reactions: Basil and C.C. 95
Really like the artwork on these, i will be buying these but will wait for a price drop to around the £10 each :thumbs:

Weird that Amazon U.S. has nothing yet.
The Steelbooks are Europe release only so far

USA customers will have to wait to find out if Steelbooks getting released by Paramount in USA

Europe Paramount use Universal since July 2015 for distribution
It's a 5 year distribution deal

The Steelbooks are Europe release only so far

USA customers will have to wait to find out if Steelbooks getting released by Paramount in USA

Europe Paramount use Universal since July 2015 for distribution
It's a 5 year distribution deal
I am going to go ahead and assume that these are going to be hugely mass produced and will not be in any danger of running out...The 50th Anniversary is a big deal - and I'm sure they will just make a BaJillion of these.
It would be nice to wait out a price drop on buying 10 steelbooks.

Reactions: paulboland
I am going to go ahead and assume that these are going to be hugely mass produced and will not be in any danger of running out...The 50th Anniversary is a big deal - and I'm sure they will just make a BaJillion of these.
It would be nice to wait out a price drop on buying 10 steelbooks.
I will get all 10 but only when I see price drop
€10 to €12 or less each will get my order in

Reactions: C.C. 95
Great, finally the Star Trek Movies as Steelbooks. I think these will show up in other coutries as well, but if not I will get them for sure. From what I see on the pictures I like them.

It's odd that the artwork features 'the director's cut' on the front as that seems unlikely. As a mock-up they might just be using the old DVD cover as a template for now. At least they're using the theatrical posters though (Star Wars take note).

I'd rather there wasn't gold edging to it either, the 50th Anniversary top could have just been printed on the top of a J-card. I don't like the spines either, I'd have preferred they just had normal spines with the standard Paramount design (studio logo at the top, title centralised and Blu-ray logo at the bottom). I suppose a spanning design encourages people to buy the whole set rather than just picking up the ones they really want.

Count me in on a price drop.

• Thanks
Reactions: adarkcorner
Paramount, so could go either way.

Wasn't the US version of Star Trek II matte?

no best buy wrath of khan last year was gloss but was a paramount steel.
not goona jump on these till i have seen some pics tbh got a horrible feeling europe get screwed and usa get best ones again.
also one other thing concerning me not seen any pics of back art or inside art either, something tells me black backs and no inside art as a worrying guess atm.

just hope these get announced everywhere soon with a full set of pics

@Wreck and @apsmith21 you heard anything about these at all?