Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release: November 17th, 2015
Platform: PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

The ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down. Rebel forces firing blasters. Imperial speeder bikes zipping by. Intense dogfights between squadrons of X-wings and TIE fighters filling the skies. Immerse yourself in the epic Star Wars battles you’ve always dreamed of and create new heroic moments of your own in Star Wars Battlefront.

Star Wars Battlefront goes on sale November 17th on PS4, PC and Xbox One.

EA and Dice showed off the first gameplay of the new Star Wars: Battlefront via a small developer diary at the start of their 2014 press conference.

More footage coming Spring 2015.

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    932.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
:star wars:

UNBELIVEABLE how hyped i already am for this one! :ohno:

Just imagine how epic this could become.. starting battles on the ground of a planet, moving into the orbit and turning into a space battle. :scat:

Give.
Me.
More.
Footage!

With the official full reveal now less than just 20 minutes away, Game Informer has made their preview live already, which you can read in full here.

Some key information is that Battlefront will not feature dogfights in space but instead these will be confined within the atmosphere of the planet. There was no details on how these will work otherwise. Also, Eurogamer's Aoife Wilson is in Anaheim, California, for the Star Wars Celebration event, and there has interviewed developer DICE about the upcoming shooter. The game does not feature a campaign, instead it features "crafted missions" that are played solo, with a friend via split-screen offline or cooperatively online. Star Wars: Battlefront also has a maximum player count of 40, however, there will be some modes that cap significantly smaller than the bigger modes that cap at 40. You'll also be able to switch between first and third person, customise your characters by choosing gear, weapons and abilities.

The game launches on November 17 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. :D

While we wait for the trailer, here's a few new screens to whet your appetite...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

The ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down. Rebel forces firing blasters. Imperial speeder bikes zipping by. Intense dogfights between squadrons of X-wings and TIE fighters filling the skies. Immerse yourself in the epic Star Wars battles you’ve always dreamed of and create new heroic moments of your own in Star Wars Battlefront.

Slightly disappointed that the main game is online only. But it does look amazing and should be thoroughly immersive. Will still be a definite purchase.

Slightly disappointed that the main game is online only. But it does look amazing and should be thoroughly immersive. Will still be a definite purchase.
No story no purchase.The game looks visually stunning, but the lack of any kind of campaign and only 4 planets is bad.The star Wars fans will eat it up though so they should make good numbers.

The lack of a main/solo story is definitely a bummer, but I'm mostly about playing online with friends nowadays anyway, so I'm still super hyped for this game! :D

No story no purchase.The game looks visually stunning, but the lack of any kind of campaign and only 4 planets is bad.The star Wars fans will eat it up though so they should make good numbers.

I was looking forward to this release, but as soon as it was announced its online / multiplayer only I lost interest. I was really hoping for a good story or something. I doubt I'll get this now, I don't mind multiplayer but I like it as well as a single player campaign

I love Star Wars, but have never played Battlefront. I see there's no story mode, and i don't really like to play online multiplayer. Is this a game i should still consider, or is multiplayer pretty much it for this game?

@Noodles :thumbs:
Source: DualShockers.com

Star Wars Battlefront‘s Deluxe Edition has just been put up for pre-order on Amazon featuring some incredibly good looking cover art and five in-game items.

The Deluxe Edition is listed for PS4 and Xbox One for $69.96 with no PC version listed.

The in-game content included for the extra $10 are:

• Made famous by Han Solo, the DL-44 is the blaster of choice for scoundrels across the universe.
  • Inflict more damage on enemy vehicles with the Ion Grenade.
  • The Ion Torpedo locks on to and delivers extra damage to your opponents’ vehicles.
  • Get electrified with the Ion Shock emote, available exclusively in the Deluxe Edition.
  • Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.
On top of those items, if you pre-order the Deluxe Edition you’ll of course also get the Battle of Jakku maps when they release in December.
Order:
:amazon: USA

PS4
ps4.JPG

XBox One
xbox.JPG

Reactions: rodtp and Noodles

As the Empire, you must accompany AT-AT walkers as they march towards the Rebel base to destroy it. And as a Rebel, you must do everything you can to stop them.

Reactions: Lester and kaw