Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 17th, 2017
Purchase: Amazon US - Amazon UK

starwarsbattlefront-teasertrailer-logo.jpg

Source: ComingSoon.net

During an earnings call on Tuesday, EA confirmed that the Star Wars Battlefront sequel is in development for next year (via GameSpot), though it’s unclear if they were referring to the calendar year 2017 or EA’s next fiscal year. EA’s fiscal year 2017 just started on April 1.

EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said that the Star Wars Battlefront sequel will have “bigger and better worlds” and will make use of content from “the new movies.” The first Star Wars Battlefront only included content from the original Star Wars trilogy.

EA added that the company expects to release a Star Wars game every year for the next three to four years. Jorgensen confirmed that the Star Wars game from Visceral and Motive is coming and we already knew the Respawn Star Wars game is also on the way.
smileys-gaming-713639.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it has a single player story this time!
In a years time?HAHA you funny, Noodles.there is no way they can mocap a whole story and improve on the multiplayer in a year.the most we can hope fir is lots of stuff from episode seven and some from episode 8.

I don't see why they are doing a whole other game so soon.They should be releasing expansions with each movie.There is no way this game is going to look any better than it does.It is one of the best look games this generation.

In a years time?HAHA you funny, Noodles.there is no way they can mocap a whole story and improve on the multiplayer in a year.the most we can hope fir is lots of stuff from episode seven and some from episode 8.

I don't see why they are doing a whole other game so soon.They should be releasing expansions with each movie.There is no way this game is going to look any better than it does.It is one of the best look games this generation.
Pretty sure they'll have been working on it long before now, but even so... other developers have released story based games annually, so it's definitely possible, especially with someone as big as EA. I guess they can just recycle stuff from the current Battlefront too, which will obviously speed things up a lot. I certainly regret buying the season pass just the other week anyway... I also expected them to continue releasing expansions.

Pretty sure they'll have been working on it long before now, but even so... other developers have released story based games annually, so it's definitely possible, especially with someone as big as EA. I guess they can just recycle stuff from the current Battlefront too, which will obviously speed things up a lot. I certainly regret buying the season pass just the other week anyway... I also expected them to continue releasing expansions.
I think you may be over estimating the amount of teams that Dice has.They are still making content for the first battlefront and also developing Battlefield 1 and mirrors Edge catalyst. so where did they find time to make a another game that also includes a story mode?Their studio is big but not that big.

True other studios seem like they have done annual new stories per year like Assassins creed, but you have to think they have three different teams all working on one Ip .so of course it seems as if they do it yearly.No studio brings out a new game each year.It's impossible.

The Future of STAR WARS Battlefront in 2017

You've stormed Echo Base countless times, scored a thousand victories in the battered cockpit of an A-Wing fighter, and overthrown legions of Stormtroopers as a hero of the Rebel Alliance. All the while, you've been providing the team at DICE with your feedback and insight.

We've been carefully reading your suggestions on forums, reviewing your feedback on social pages, and using your input to help drive us in creating more authentic Star Wars™ experiences. The latest January patch introduced important tweaks and balance fixes, addressing many of your key concerns.

While no future Skirmish content is planned, DICE isn't done with Star Wars - the team has shifted its focus to creating the next great Star Wars game, a collaborative effort between three world-class studios: DICE, Criterion, and Motive. We look forward to sharing more with you later this year and thank you for being such a tremendous support of our work in a galaxy far, far away.

C3iR9zNXUAAkHpl.jpg

I guess the campaign by gamers to " Make Campaigns Again" has really paid off.
They've been great at listening to feedback to be fair, and there were always people complaining right from the start about the fact that Battlefront wouldn't have a campaign, so they'd have to be pretty stupid to make the same mistake again with the next game. I wonder if it'll be an original story or if they'll base it on one of the recent movies... I'd be happy either way. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
They've been great at listening to feedback to be fair, and there were always people complaining right from the start about the fact that Battlefront wouldn't have a campaign, so they'd have to be pretty stupid to make the same mistake again with the next game. I wonder if it'll be an original story or if they'll base it on one of the recent movies... I'd be happy either way. :D
post said the game will jump around in different eras of the series.

• Thanks
Live the untold Star Wars story of Iden, an elite Stormtrooper, in an original single-player story. Battle on land and in space in an expanded multiplayer experience with iconic heroes and villains, thrilling space battles, and a deep progression and customization system.

Looks great, this year is relentless.
I'm super excited for it! Especially as they're now adding character classes and more customisation for everything. And of course the single player campaign! :woot:

I see quite a few complaining that it looks the same as the previous BF graphics-wise though, like it's a bad thing... the graphics were/are awesome in that game! A lot also seem to want some Clone Wars stuff in there, but I'd honestly rather they just kept it to the films to be honest.

• Thanks
I'm super excited for it! Especially as they're now adding character classes and more customisation for everything. And of course the single player campaign! :woot:

I see quite a few complaining that it looks the same as the previous BF graphics-wise though, like it's a bad thing... the graphics were/are awesome in that game! A lot also seem to want some Clone Wars stuff in there, but I'd honestly rather they just kept it to the films to be honest.

People moan for the sake of moaning these days, the graphics and gameplay were two of the only things right about the first game.

Just by adding a single player campaign they have my money day one.

I just hope we get days gone this year, and for me it will go down as one of the greatest years for gaming ever.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Live the untold Star Wars story of Iden, an elite Stormtrooper, in an original single-player story. Battle on land and in space in an expanded multiplayer experience with iconic heroes and villains, thrilling space battles, and a deep progression and customization system.

HOT DAMN this looks incredible! :woot: :notworthy: :hungry: Thanks for posting the video @Noodles :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles