Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 17th, 2017
Purchase: Amazon US - Amazon UK

starwarsbattlefront-teasertrailer-logo.jpg

Source: ComingSoon.net

During an earnings call on Tuesday, EA confirmed that the Star Wars Battlefront sequel is in development for next year (via GameSpot), though it’s unclear if they were referring to the calendar year 2017 or EA’s next fiscal year. EA’s fiscal year 2017 just started on April 1.

EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said that the Star Wars Battlefront sequel will have “bigger and better worlds” and will make use of content from “the new movies.” The first Star Wars Battlefront only included content from the original Star Wars trilogy.

EA added that the company expects to release a Star Wars game every year for the next three to four years. Jorgensen confirmed that the Star Wars game from Visceral and Motive is coming and we already knew the Respawn Star Wars game is also on the way.
smileys-gaming-713639.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Literally just watched the trailer on the PlayStation and I'm so excited.

Looks better that the last and....... Darth Maul :) and it looks like he's about to ruck with yoda!! Quality

I prefer the standard game art though, and hopefully a steel to match the first

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Literally just watched the trailer on the PlayStation and I'm so excited.

Looks better that the last and....... Darth Maul :) and it looks like he's about to ruck with yoda!! Quality

I prefer the standard game art though, and hopefully a steel to match the first
We definitely need to join forces (see what I did there? :p) and play some multiplayer together once this is released mate. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
We definitely need to join forces (see what I did there? :p) and play some multiplayer together once this is released mate. ;)

Nah I never noticed, your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me

Of course, I'm not online at the mo because I'm skint lol but once I have some spare cash I'll get the year pass (40 quidder) plus I have infinity warfare to play online too, I will do the free 14 days first at some point to get a feel

And I only just realised they released a updated abes oddesey!!!!! That's like my childhood too so i have to get that at some point - think it's £15 at the mo and looks awesome. Been nearly 20 years since I played that!!!! Crazy

• Thanks
Nah I never noticed, your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me

Of course, I'm not online at the mo because I'm skint lol but once I have some spare cash I'll get the year pass (40 quidder) plus I have infinity warfare to play online too, I will do the free 14 days first at some point to get a feel

And I only just realised they released a updated abes oddesey!!!!! That's like my childhood too so i have to get that at some point - think it's £15 at the mo and looks awesome. Been nearly 20 years since I played that!!!! Crazy
Yeah, definitely only fork out the 40 quid once you know you'll get the most out of it... I made the mistake of updating mine and then have hardly used it this year, so it was £40 wasted.

Ah man, me and my best mate were obsessed with Abe back in the day... he's one of my all-time favourite characters! I think they actually gave the new version of it away through PS+ at one point... I know I have it on PS4 anyway, but I'm yet to try it out. Either way, £15 is still a great price! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Yeah, definitely only fork out the 40 quid once you know you'll get the most out of it... I made the mistake of updating mine and then have hardly used it this year, so it was £40 wasted.

Ah man, me and my best mate were obsessed with Abe back in the day... he's one of my all-time favourite characters! I think they actually gave the new version of it away through PS+ at one point... I know I have it on PS4 anyway, but I'm yet to try it out. Either way, £15 is still a great price! :thumbs:

Downer, I go in and out of gaming but I'm "in" at the mo and I told you the story of clearing out that office and getting the ps4 and finding like 13 controllers for ps4 and Xbox one so I traded them in for games (kept 2 controllers) so I'm just playing through them. Will most likely sell WD2 though

I actually bought the steel for the Star Wars battlefront a year or 2 ago so I hope this gets one too (sits with the force unleashed steel)

Same about abe. Loved him. Messed up thing is (was thinking this when I realised you can get him on ps4) is we were like 10/11 when that came out. 97 I think it was. And it's quite a messed up game and idea plus has that dark macabre humour to it which I loved when I was a kid but looking back it's quite crazy lol but now kids have gta I suppose (my mates little boy plays it - he's like 8 lol and he turned to him once and said daddy I've given him special medicine, when my mate looked it was Trevor out his nut hahahha crazy for kids

• Thanks
Downer, I go in and out of gaming but I'm "in" at the mo and I told you the story of clearing out that office and getting the ps4 and finding like 13 controllers for ps4 and Xbox one so I traded them in for games (kept 2 controllers) so I'm just playing through them. Will most likely sell WD2 though

I actually bought the steel for the Star Wars battlefront a year or 2 ago so I hope this gets one too (sits with the force unleashed steel)

Same about abe. Loved him. Messed up thing is (was thinking this when I realised you can get him on ps4) is we were like 10/11 when that came out. 97 I think it was. And it's quite a messed up game and idea plus has that dark macabre humour to it which I loved when I was a kid but looking back it's quite crazy lol but now kids have gta I suppose (my mates little boy plays it - he's like 8 lol and he turned to him once and said daddy I've given him special medicine, when my mate looked it was Trevor out his nut hahahha crazy for kids
Same mate... I'm forever falling in and out of love with gaming nowadays. It seems to take a really impressive game to pull me back in now too... I've got a pile of unfinished games that I just can't be bothered with. There's a few big titles I'm looking forward too though, this being one of them, so hopefully they can relight that flame again!

Nice! I've got the steel too and am also hoping for a steel with this one. A CE of some sort would be pretty cool too. :D

Hmm hearing stuff like that always worries me to be honest... I disagree with the media trying to blame violent videogames for grown adults/teenagers going on murdering sprees or whatever (they're more than likely just mentally ill), but still... no kid at that age should be playing GTA IMO.

But yeah, Abe was kind of dark back then... and quite difficult too! I tried playing it again a few years back and couldn't even figure out half of the puzzles, whereas when I played it as a kid I seemed to fly through it lol.

• Thanks
Same mate... I'm forever falling in and out of love with gaming nowadays. It seems to take a really impressive game to pull me back in now too... I've got a pile of unfinished games that I just can't be bothered with. There's a few big titles I'm looking forward too though, this being one of them, so hopefully they can relight that flame again!

Nice! I've got the steel too and am also hoping for a steel with this one. A CE of some sort would be pretty cool too. :D

Hmm hearing stuff like that always worries me to be honest... I disagree with the media trying to blame violent videogames for grown adults/teenagers going on murdering sprees or whatever (they're more than likely just mentally ill), but still... no kid at that age should be playing GTA IMO.

But yeah, Abe was kind of dark back then... and quite difficult too! I tried playing it again a few years back and couldn't even figure out half of the puzzles, whereas when I played it as a kid I seemed to fly through it lol.

Only ones so far I'm interested in is this, last of us 2 and the crash game but yeah I used to sit on piles of I played games

With ps1 & 2 I literally had every game I bought until the end but with PS3 I used to sell/ trade loads in all the time. Recently got rid of heavy rain :( but I'll never play it again anyway

Ha was the same, found abe easyish back then but I'll find it harder now lol

Yeah I agree mate, I grew up on violent games and films and i get annoyed when the media blames them but also its hard when other kids are playing them and where do you draw the line, my mate had to take it away for a few months becaue he didn't realise how bad it was lol but he was never a gamer himself and don't even think he's ever played the gta games

His kids are the most intelligent I've met though

• Thanks
This feels.... insulting.
DICE and EA left out some critical things that compose a game in the initial Battlefront: EA Release. Now they're getting praise for things that they should've done in the first place?
It's like praising a Taxi Driver for not hitting a pedestrian.

The first Battlefront EA game was a bare-bones- entirely forgettable release of a game that should hold no space in anyone's memory.
It's stunning lack of content was aggravating, and the core gameplay mechanics that are there are wholly undeveloped and poorly executed. It's a game that- at best, should've been Free-to-play downloadable content.

If Battlefront EA 2 hammers out the gameplay in to something fun- and is able to pull of a narrative that equates to anything more than what Call of Duty has to offer- then I might consider this a purchase.
But if the only Single-Player campaign has to deal with the Imperial perspective, then I doubt we'll get anything "riveting". The Empire is cool and all- but I sincerely doubt that any form of compelling narrative can be based around the premise that the trailer is suggesting.

Time will tell, though.

This feels.... insulting.
DICE and EA left out some critical things that compose a game in the initial Battlefront: EA Release. Now they're getting praise for things that they should've done in the first place?
It's like praising a Taxi Driver for not hitting a pedestrian.

The first Battlefront EA game was a bare-bones- entirely forgettable release of a game that should hold no space in anyone's memory.
It's stunning lack of content was aggravating, and the core gameplay mechanics that are there are wholly undeveloped and poorly executed. It's a game that- at best, should've been Free-to-play downloadable content.

If Battlefront EA 2 hammers out the gameplay in to something fun- and is able to pull of a narrative that equates to anything more than what Call of Duty has to offer- then I might consider this a purchase.
But if the only Single-Player campaign has to deal with the Imperial perspective, then I doubt we'll get anything "riveting". The Empire is cool and all- but I sincerely doubt that any form of compelling narrative can be based around the premise that the trailer is suggesting.

Time will tell, though.
Whilst I did enjoy Battlefront for the most part (mostly just because I'm a huge Star Wars nerd), it certainly lacked a lot of things. A mate of mine put it best.. it was basically a beta that we all got sucked in to paying for. Battlefront 2 looks to be what 1 should've always been!

Whilst I did enjoy Battlefront for the most part (mostly just because I'm a huge Star Wars nerd), it certainly lacked a lot of things. A mate of mine put it best.. it was basically a beta that we all got sucked in to paying for. Battlefront 2 looks to be what 1 should've always been!

Exactly! Battlefront EA was just core gameplay mechanics placed together in a pretty skybox. I'm hoping that- now that the assets for the core structure of the game are already there- they can move on to CONTENT.
I myself wasn't a big fan of the progression system or load-outs of Battlefront EA, though... I much prefer the Class-System in the older 2 titles.

• Thanks