Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 6 Votes
Title: Star Wars: Episode IX

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, War

Director: J.J. Abrams

Cast: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Mark Hamill, Joonas Suotamo, Kelly Marie Tran, Domhnall Gleeson, Naomi Ackie, Keri Russell, Richard E. Grant, Dominic Monaghan, Matt Smith, Lupita Nyong'o, Dave Chapman, Brian Herring, Anthony Daniels, Jimmy Vee, Billie Lourd, Greg Grunberg

Release: 2019-12-18

Plot: The next installment in the franchise and the conclusion of the “Star Wars“ sequel trilogy as well as the “Skywalker Saga“.

BREAKING: Billy Dee Williams Returning as Lando for Star Wars: Episode IX
Source: ComingSoon
bdw9.jpg

Reactions: Noodles and Drum18
STAR WARS: EPISODE IX CAST ANNOUNCED
RETURNING AND NEW CAST MEMBERS WILL JOIN TOGETHER FOR THE FINAL INSTALLMENT OF THE SKYWALKER SAGA.

IX-announce-update.jpg

Source: StarWars.com
Star Wars: Episode IX will begin filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018. J.J. Abrams returns to direct the final installment of the Skywalker saga. Abrams co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Terrio.

Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, and Keri Russell, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Composer John Williams, who has scored every chapter in the Star Wars saga since 1977’s A New Hope, will return to a galaxy far, far away with Episode IX.

Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Michelle Rejwan, and executive produced by Callum Greene and Jason McGatlin. The crew includes Dan Mindel (Director of Photography), Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins (Co-Production Designers), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Neal Scanlan (Creature and Droid FX), Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube (Editors), Roger Guyett (VFX Supervisor), Tommy Gormley (1st AD), and Victoria Mahoney (2nd Unit Director).

Release is scheduled for December 2019.

Apparently this is official but many are calling it fake/fan-made. Personally I think it's an early draft of the real thing!

Notice how Kylo's mask is stuck back together with a red glow between the cracks. And LOL at Threepio with the bowcaster. :LOL:

display.jpg

Doesn't look very fan-made to me, photoshop wise. A lot of those poses / facial expressions have never been used elsewhere for people to grab hold of and manipulate.

Though it also doesn't look like a poster-poster. Perhaps it's promo art to be used on the front of a lunchbox or notebook etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Doesn't look very fan-made to me, photoshop wise. A lot of those poses / facial expressions have never been used elsewhere for people to grab hold of and manipulate.

Though it also doesn't look like a poster-poster. Perhaps it's promo art to be used on the front of a lunchbox or notebook etc.
Yep, that's my thinking too... there's too much new stuff there for it to be fanmade. Probably just a promo image like you said, although I find it odd the final title isn't on there, which is why I assumed it was more likely an early draft or something. I guess we'll know for sure next month! ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn