Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi - In theaters December 15, 2017

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Rian Johnson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benicio del Toro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gugu Mbatha-Raw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jimmy Vee[/ACTOR]

Plot: Having taken her first steps into the Jedi world, Rey joins Luke Skywalker on an adventure with Leia, Finn and Poe that unlocks mysteries of the Force and secrets of the past. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
xGWVjewoXnJhvxKW619cMzppJDQ.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Official announcement from Star Wars.com:

In addition, Iger confirmed that Rian Johnson will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VIII. The film, which continues the saga after the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is set for release on May 26, 2017 — forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977. Johnson is widely considered one of cinema’s most gifted young filmmakers, having directed the modern sci-fi classic, Looper, as well as Brick and The Brothers Bloom. He was also behind the camera for three episodes of the critically-acclaimed TV series Breaking Bad, including “Ozymandias,” which series creator Vince Gilligan named as the best installment of the show. Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman, producer of Looper, Don Jon, Brick, and The Brothers Bloom, are on board to produce.​
_1450744577.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
Why does it say "Who is the last Jedi" ? We know that the title is plural (from the official translations all over the world from Disney/Lucasfilm), so it should have been "Who are the last Jedi ?"
Didn't Rian Johnson (the director) later confirm it was meant to be singular though...?

Didn't Rian Johnson (the director) later confirm it was meant to be singular though...?
He said that in his mind it was singular, but that he never really did think about it enough to make a decision. But Lucasfilm (probably the story group) did, so that's it now, it's plural. And if we think about it, if Ryan would have had to tink about it to decide, then it's not singular. If it's one last Jedi, I don't see why he should have to think about it, it'd be pretty clear ^^ So yeah it's plural, but apparently EW doesn't care :) And to be honnest I don't really too, I was pointing that out since that's the first thing I saw when I saw the covers :p I guess we'll just have to watch the movie to find out the true answer !

Kinda broke her heart when I told her he's not real and is played by an actual person... she was super confused though, so I ended up showing her the "making of" clip with Andy Serkis lol.

Your evil

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Han Solo’s Presence Felt in Star Wars: The Last Jedi

star-wars-force-awakens-han-solo-chewbacca.jpg

Though Han Solo died at the hands of his son Ben Solo, AKA Kylo Ren, in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, that doesn’t mean the character won’t be present — at least figuratively — in the follow-up film, Star Wars: The Last Jedi. In a new interview, star Daisy Ridley and director Rian Johnson detailed the impact of Han’s legacy in the sequel.

“She just doesn’t understand Kylo,” Ridley told Entertainment Weekly. “When all she wanted was parents, why would a person who has parents do that? It’s so beyond comprehension, it’s ridiculous. So she has grief for the loss and then there’s anger. To be honest, she couldn’t understand doing something like that – let alone to your parents.”

“Han, the ghost of – well, not literally,” director Rian Johnson said, cutting off his sentence. “I don’t want to misguide. I have to be very careful with my words here. But a figurative ghost of Han had to be present throughout this entire film.”

via CBR.com

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
On today’s episode of The Star Wars Show, Lucasfilm’s officially-produced web series, the hosts announced two new vehicles that will appear in The Last Jedi. You can watch the full video below, but I’ll break down the relevant parts for you underneath:

AT-M6
First up is the AT-M6 walker, which stands for “All-Terrain Megacaliber Six.” The Megacaliber Six name comes from the laser cannon of that designation that’s on its back. The hosts describe it as “way bigger than a standard AT-AT.” Sharp-eyed fans will know that we’ve actually seen these already in some footage from The Last Jedi: these are the what Finn and his team are flying toward on the new planet of Crait.

starwars-lastjedi-atm6-profile-700x340.jpg

Back in April, we’d heard that these machines were called “First Order Assault Walkers” and that they were massive – much taller than traditional AT-ATs and maybe even double the width. Initial reports indicated that they would have reinforced legs (the better to protect against ropes from clever pilots who might weave underneath them), and the design was described as being similar to “pissed off gorillas.” That aligns with the host’s description of the vehicle’s “simian-like gait” – notice how this thing almost has feet when compared to the stiffer, straighter legs of the AT-AT.

starwars-lastjedi-atm6-fullview-700x332.jpg

FIRST ORDER DREADNAUGHT
Next up is the First Order Dreadnought, “a mandatory four-class warship” equipped with two huge orbital auto cannons underneath it for heavy battle situations.

starwars-lastjedi-dreadnought2-700x330.jpg

They're not joking when they say it’s “really big” – this thing is 7,669.72 meters long. Compare that to the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, which is only 1,600 meters long, and you’ll see that The First Order has gotten some much-needed upgrades. (And we still don’t know the specs of the rumored Mega Star Destroyer, which may be even bigger than that.) We better wish Finn, Poe, Rose, Rey, and the rest of our heroes good luck, because it sounds like they’ll need it.

starwars-lastjedi-dreadnought-700x327.jpg

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-vehicles