Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi - In theaters December 15, 2017

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Rian Johnson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benicio del Toro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gugu Mbatha-Raw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jimmy Vee[/ACTOR]

Plot: Having taken her first steps into the Jedi world, Rey joins Luke Skywalker on an adventure with Leia, Finn and Poe that unlocks mysteries of the Force and secrets of the past. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
xGWVjewoXnJhvxKW619cMzppJDQ.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Official announcement from Star Wars.com:

In addition, Iger confirmed that Rian Johnson will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VIII. The film, which continues the saga after the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is set for release on May 26, 2017 — forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977. Johnson is widely considered one of cinema’s most gifted young filmmakers, having directed the modern sci-fi classic, Looper, as well as Brick and The Brothers Bloom. He was also behind the camera for three episodes of the critically-acclaimed TV series Breaking Bad, including “Ozymandias,” which series creator Vince Gilligan named as the best installment of the show. Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman, producer of Looper, Don Jon, Brick, and The Brothers Bloom, are on board to produce.​
_1450744577.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone twig that this is the only Star Wars film that is actually a direct sequel to the predecessor?

Star Wars 1-7 all have a number of years between each episode. This one literally starts as TFA finishes.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Covcraig
Finally went to see this yesterday (had to cancel previous plans to see it due to being ill), and I'm not sure what film the naysayers watched, but the one I saw was something truly special. Perfect way to end the year! :)

If I had to pick fault with anything, then it would be...
Luke's death and the cringy floating scene with Leia.

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
I'm surprised they had them left, i thought they were just for the opening night!! Cool posters!!

I managed to get the 3 Imax posters which look cool too.
Me too, so I was super pumped to see my cinema had a huge stack left over... especially as I didn't even expect my local cinema to have them at all, even on opening night. Kinda wish I'd grabbed more to give away on here to be honest. :sorry:

Nice! What are the 3 IMAX posters you got?

Me too, so I was super pumped to see my cinema had a huge stack left over... especially as I didn't even expect my local cinema to have them at all, even on opening night. Kinda wish I'd grabbed more to give away on here to be honest. :sorry:

Nice! What are the 3 IMAX posters you got?

Here we go, sorry for the bad light

20180102_174734-1918x864.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Finally went to see this yesterday (had to cancel previous plans to see it due to being ill), and I'm not sure what film the naysayers watched, but the one I saw was something truly special. Perfect way to end the year! :)

If I had to pick fault with anything, then it would be...
Luke's death and the cringy floating scene with Leia.

Have to agree finally saw it the end of last week and walked out wondering what all the moaning was about :D

• Thanks
Reactions: lights and Noodles