Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #40) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: July 20, 2017 (TBC)
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: 3 discs release (3D+BD+BD bonus)
HDN Group Buy: One Click $200 - Double lenti $70 - Single lenti $63 - Full Slip $61
Limit 1 x One Click, 2 x other versions per person

9a438038gy1ffysj8bwgbj21kw12lqbq.jpg 9a438038gy1ffysiruvyrj21kw12jn7u.jpg 9a438038gy1ffysiobe4lj21kw12l7g0.jpg 9a438038gy1ffysiivq2rj21kw12l13q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@cooey what is the score if they turn up damaged?
will blufans replace? just there are quite alot in a very bad way on this release.
or people screwed, which you like to think blufans do the decent thing here.

basil :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus
Wowsers those most recent damaged package pics... all the foam in the world wouldn't prevent the contents being totally mullered

My box arrived damaged but the contents managed to survive. I think they must have insured them before sending them out so I am guessing they can make a claim with China Post for the damage.

@cooey what is the score if they turn up damaged?
will blufans replace? just there are quite alot in a very bad way on this release.
or people screwed, which you like to think blufans do the decent thing here.

basil :thumbs:

They should replace. I'm in the process of getting an email prepared for the first lot of guys who have said theirs arrived damaged

anyone who gets damages be ready to provide

Pictures, preferably with your username on a piece of paper .. and what all is effected. Likely will be returns and replacements. But can be case by case depending on what is exactly damaged.

Other then that, good luck to everyone as receiving it smooth ...... is much better then having to do any further work right? But ... no one will get "screwed" rest assured.

What about those of us who don't own smartphones? I'm currently between cell phones so I'd have no way of taking a picture at all :wow: I've got a lot of praying to do.

Also before everyone boards the panic wagon .... there is always damages when shipping a ton of orders no matter who you are. Amazon, Zavvi etc. So its highly likely a large bulk will be fine.

I received a box just now ... and while the box was beat to crap there was no damage to the items due to the hard foam they use a lot now.

Also before everyone boards the panic wagon .... there is always damages when shipping a ton of orders no matter who you are. Amazon, Zavvi etc. So its highly likely a large bulk will be fine.

I received a box just now ... and while the box was beat to crap there was no damage to the items due to the hard foam they use a lot now.

You are absolut right. But what i don't understand is why (as it seems) some people only have problems with damaged blufans parcels (regardless if the slips/steelbooks are damaged). I ordered (my wife please forgive me ;))many many editions from the asian retailers in the last years and the only damaged packages were from Blufans. Not HDZeta, not Novamedia etc...maybe bad luck. And that's nothing against BF...but there is something going wrong on the way the packages left BF to the destinations....

Let's hope that most of us receive mint packages :thumbs:

Reactions: Mefisto from Hell

I'm with you, did you get Batman today too.....mine also beat to hell, but the foam saved it, not sure bubble wrap would have made it.
From what I've seen, and experienced, Blufans is very good about fixing problems.

No camera. Is everyone supposed to have one? lol

You dont have to own any of those things in life .... but I think we can all agree that something would be fishy if you told me that you also dont even know ANYONE with a phone or a camera in which you could then at least send a pic to me .... help me, help you .... and seeign as how you havent even received yet ... why are we talking about this? lol ... at the end of the day the only thing matters is that HDN looks after the people in our GB .... and we have years of proof of that ..... so all is well.

cross your fingers till you receive. You do have fingers right? (tongue in cheek fun ... no disrespect ;) )

I think the solid foam is usually a safer packing method, but in instances where the box is crushed, the hard foam tends to transfer that pressure down onto the product itself. Bubble wrap makes the likelihood of sharper impacts denting corners more likely, but is more resilient in crushing situations.

Bubble wrap doesn't offer much resistance, so the box itself takes the brunt of the damage while the product "floats" within the bubble wrap. As long as the box isn't bent or crushed into a shape the contents won't fit into (where the box itself is contacting--and potentially bending--the item) it'll likely be fine. This is why Blufans boxes would always turn up looking beat all to hell, but the items inside were miraculously okay.

I think heavier, more solid items like the box sets will generally fare much better in foam. The likliehood of the corners being crushed on heftier items when wrapped in just bubble wrap is much higher. That's why the bound together Kimchi one-clicks that ship in bubble wrap are so much more likely to have dented corners on the outside copies, while the fat HDzeta OC boxes that come encased in foam seem just about bulletproof. My 3 'zeta OC boxes all looked liked they'd tumbled through a few cycles in a commercial dryer, but the contents were completely unharmed.

Who knows, though. Maybe Blufans experimented with some alternate packing materials for this OC...
giphy.gif
*Source: Twelve mind-numbing years in the shipping industry (and one magical summer studying
tauntaun husbandry).

Last edited: