This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #40) [China]

Discussion in 'Blu-ray SteelBook' started by harry, Jan 17, 2017.

1. harry

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,705
    #1 harry, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 18
    • Thanks Thanks x 14
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 6
  2. ChrisIW

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,612
    You could just swap out the discs when they do release the original cuts. It's got to happen, right? Right? :dunno:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  3. SteelMadien

Ratings:
    +1,369
    Have know idea what you are talking about.

4. JackRegan

Ratings:
    +1,511
    Aww Chris, this is one of the questions I ask myself tme and again - when; and will I stiill be lucid enough to enjoy them when it finally does happen?! :(

On a slightly more positive note - as they have explored almost every other avenue of making big bucks from the franchise, it is probably the last great unexplored mega-buck earner. So, on that score, it should happen,, right? . . . :yawn::sleep::naughty::naughty:

5. ethnosax

Ratings:
    +277
    There are three people or teams who have already done high-quality restorations of the original trilogy. Really, all Lucasfilm has to do is just pay one of them for the work they've already done and then release it as an official version. There's the issue of 20th Century Fox still owning distribution for Episode 4, but I suspect Fox and Disney could find some kind of happy arrangement to make it happen.

Gareth Edwards said a week or two ago that he was shown a 4K restoration of Episode 4 at Lucasfilm before he started work on Rogue One, but there's no confirmation of whether that's the non-Special Edition or otherwise. Whatever the case, an official 4K print of at least the first film, in some version, exists. And...this is the 40th anniversary of it. Too much to hope (pun intended) for a theatrical rerelease and then a blu-ray/4K disc?

6. kryptonite

kryptonite Slipcover/Books/Sports
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,145
    For all we know, George Lucas could have burned the original master for the un-altered cuts. I believe he hates them, right?

7. R4FFO

Ratings:
    +99
    It would be good if for the 40th edition they improve some of the reworked effects so that it sits more with Rogue one.

If they can bring back Grand Mof Tarkington they can redevelop the Han Solo and Jabba the Hut scene so that Han does not have to step over him.

Han shoots first (of course)

Moss Eiesly improved city scenes

Improved end battle and Death Star destruction and finally the original version so that we can seemlessly branch between the two editions

8. Veronica Mars

Ratings:
    +324
    I want Daisy on the cover of the FS. That's the entirety of my list of demands for this.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. barnaby jones

Ratings:
    +10
    Yes pleased about this, still don't own the steelbook.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. AlexMacOl

Ratings:
    +492
    This is a nick name few here will recognize! Straight out the 70ies! :thumbs:

11. batmobilly666

Ratings:
    +153
    I love the despecialized editions but I don't think they would ever consider something a fan cobbled together as a source for an official release. I mean it's only 720p at best, some scenes are upscaled from inferior sources.

When in doubt, it's the SE.

12. ethnosax

Ratings:
    +277
    But at least it gives them a template, shows them that it's possible even without the best sources. Mike Verta's and Team Negative One's Episode 4 restorations are from actual original prints, so they should be more useable officially. Verta's primary aim is to be able to give Lucasfilm a perfectly restored edition.

13. Covcraig

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,594
    If they redo a new hope to "fit more in line with Rogue one" then they'd have to do Empire and Return of the Jedi too to match that. If anything, Rogue one should have been pulled back abit in the effects department to match a new hope. Not to mention everytime the originals get altered ever so slightly to bring them up to modern visual art standards everyone bitches and moans. Isn't that the charm of new hope anyway, that it looks old and campy

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  14. ta0151

Ratings:
    +100
    This.
    I always liked the IMAX poster of her and BB8 walking off into the sunset

star-wars-imax.jpg

15. matthewtheunicorn

Ratings:
    +2,790
    I've also been partial to the imax posters. Perhaps two double side lenticulars could work well [​IMG]

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. yardman

Ratings:
    +405
    can anyone help please do blufans ship direct to the uk, thanks

17. StifflersDad

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,054
    You can only buy through a GB. It will then be shipped direct.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. barnaby jones

Ratings:
    +10
    Will there be a group buy ?

19. BDDB

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,224
    The artwork would need to be something special as the current release is really nice.
    A final note on the OT pre special editions, I hope they never release them as i don't really want to have to buy something that I'll never watch.

20. dLux

Ratings:
    +1,461
    Wait what? You cant seriously mean the WWA steelbook art? I hate it... Its terrible. I dislike all the new Star Wars steelbooks. The head concept is just really stupid and ugly.
    Anything they come up with will be better than the current artwork.

21. BDDB

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,224
    I'm taking about the 3D box set that is already out there with the lenti on the front.