Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #40) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: July 20, 2017 (TBC)
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: 3 discs release (3D+BD+BD bonus)
HDN Group Buy: One Click $200 - Double lenti $70 - Single lenti $63 - Full Slip $61
Limit 1 x One Click, 2 x other versions per person

9a438038gy1ffysj8bwgbj21kw12lqbq.jpg 9a438038gy1ffysiruvyrj21kw12jn7u.jpg 9a438038gy1ffysiobe4lj21kw12l7g0.jpg 9a438038gy1ffysiivq2rj21kw12l13q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You could just swap out the discs when they do release the original cuts. It's got to happen, right? Right? :dunno:

Aww Chris, this is one of the questions I ask myself tme and again - when; and will I stiill be lucid enough to enjoy them when it finally does happen?! :(

On a slightly more positive note - as they have explored almost every other avenue of making big bucks from the franchise, it is probably the last great unexplored mega-buck earner. So, on that score, it should happen,, right? . . . :yawn::sleep::naughty::naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
Aww Chris, this is one of the questions I ask myself tme and again - when; and will I stiill be lucid enough to enjoy them when it finally does happen?! :(

On a slightly more positive note - as they have explored almost every other avenue of making big bucks from the franchise, it is probably the last great unexplored mega-buck earner. So, on that score, it should happen,, right? . . . :yawn::sleep::naughty::naughty:
There are three people or teams who have already done high-quality restorations of the original trilogy. Really, all Lucasfilm has to do is just pay one of them for the work they've already done and then release it as an official version. There's the issue of 20th Century Fox still owning distribution for Episode 4, but I suspect Fox and Disney could find some kind of happy arrangement to make it happen.

Gareth Edwards said a week or two ago that he was shown a 4K restoration of Episode 4 at Lucasfilm before he started work on Rogue One, but there's no confirmation of whether that's the non-Special Edition or otherwise. Whatever the case, an official 4K print of at least the first film, in some version, exists. And...this is the 40th anniversary of it. Too much to hope (pun intended) for a theatrical rerelease and then a blu-ray/4K disc?

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
There are three people or teams who have already done high-quality restorations of the original trilogy. Really, all Lucasfilm has to do is just pay one of them for the work they've already done and then release it as an official version. There's the issue of 20th Century Fox still owning distribution for Episode 4, but I suspect Fox and Disney could find some kind of happy arrangement to make it happen.

Gareth Edwards said a week or two ago that he was shown a 4K restoration of Episode 4 at Lucasfilm before he started work on Rogue One, but there's no confirmation of whether that's the non-Special Edition or otherwise. Whatever the case, an official 4K print of at least the first film, in some version, exists. And...this is the 40th anniversary of it. Too much to hope (pun intended) for a theatrical rerelease and then a blu-ray/4K disc?

For all we know, George Lucas could have burned the original master for the un-altered cuts. I believe he hates them, right?

It would be good if for the 40th edition they improve some of the reworked effects so that it sits more with Rogue one.

If they can bring back Grand Mof Tarkington they can redevelop the Han Solo and Jabba the Hut scene so that Han does not have to step over him.

Han shoots first (of course)

Moss Eiesly improved city scenes

Improved end battle and Death Star destruction and finally the original version so that we can seemlessly branch between the two editions

I love the despecialized editions but I don't think they would ever consider something a fan cobbled together as a source for an official release. I mean it's only 720p at best, some scenes are upscaled from inferior sources.

When in doubt, it's the SE.

I love the despecialized editions but I don't think they would ever consider something a fan cobbled together as a source for an official release. I mean it's only 720p at best, some scenes are upscaled from inferior sources.
But at least it gives them a template, shows them that it's possible even without the best sources. Mike Verta's and Team Negative One's Episode 4 restorations are from actual original prints, so they should be more useable officially. Verta's primary aim is to be able to give Lucasfilm a perfectly restored edition.

If they redo a new hope to "fit more in line with Rogue one" then they'd have to do Empire and Return of the Jedi too to match that. If anything, Rogue one should have been pulled back abit in the effects department to match a new hope. Not to mention everytime the originals get altered ever so slightly to bring them up to modern visual art standards everyone bitches and moans. Isn't that the charm of new hope anyway, that it looks old and campy

The artwork would need to be something special as the current release is really nice.
A final note on the OT pre special editions, I hope they never release them as i don't really want to have to buy something that I'll never watch.

The artwork would need to be something special as the current release is really nice

Wait what? You cant seriously mean the WWA steelbook art? I hate it... Its terrible. I dislike all the new Star Wars steelbooks. The head concept is just really stupid and ugly.
Anything they come up with will be better than the current artwork.

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
Wait what? You cant seriously mean the WWA steelbook art? I hate it... Its terrible. I dislike all the new Star Wars steelbooks. The head concept is just really stupid and ugly.
Anything they come up with will be better than the current artwork.

I'm taking about the 3D box set that is already out there with the lenti on the front.

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444