IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 31, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi) - £20 (Zoom)
Notes: 3-disc set

US release thread here

91A-RSkiApL._SX522_.jpg

61Tsu7GyetL._SX522_.jpg
71Ct2Sh1LjL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited:
My Zoom order hasn't moved yet......strange as the pre-orders are normally sent out quite early

I received my copy from Zoom on Friday and very relieved that it was shipped in a cardboard fold-over mailer and not a jiffy bag.

This is a very nice set; the sturdy slipbox has a nice velvety texture and the lenticular image has some depth. Also, no glue on the J-card :thumbs:. Very pleased to have ordered this with the discount code for £16.99 :cigar:.

DSCF5887.JPG DSCF5883.JPG DSCF5885.JPG DSCF5892.JPG

Got mine from Amazon today. So happy with it and glad I skipped the initial release and waited for the 3D set.

Not seen it in 3D yet so tonight will be a treat

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
I received my copy from Zoom on Friday and very relieved that it was shipped in a cardboard fold-over mailer and not a jiffy bag.

This is a very nice set; the sturdy slipbox has a nice velvety texture and the lenticular image has some depth. Also, no glue on the J-card :thumbs:. Very pleased to have ordered this with the discount code for £16.99 :cigar:.

View attachment 273853 View attachment 273854 View attachment 273856 View attachment 273859

Just got mine.. it must have come yesterday but I didn't know.. £17.99 from zoom with the 10% discount.. sadly mine was sent in a jiffy bag so maybe they don't have consistency with packaging. not opened it yet but I didn't know it had a lenti so that's a nice surprise and it seems very solidly made.. off to unwrap, hopefully no surprises from the jiffy bag.. I'm excited:oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

Update.. wow what a great set, I absolutely love it.. I usually have no interest in digipacks (if that's what this is:emb:) but if they were all this good I could get hooked:joy: I love the outta box, feels really nice and looks great with the lenti and the gold title. feels and looks quality and for a great price and it survived the jiffy bag:cigar:

Gonna watch the original 3 movies then check out the 3D version in the set:joy::joy::joy:

Last edited:
Just got mine.. it must have come yesterday but I didn't know.. £17.99 from zoom with the 10% discount.. sadly mine was sent in a jiffy bag so maybe they don't have consistency with packaging. not opened it yet but I didn't know it had a lenti so that's a nice surprise and it seems very solidly made.. off to unwrap, hopefully no surprises from the jiffy bag.. I'm excited:oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

Update.. wow what a great set, I absolutely love it.. I usually have no interest in digipacks (if that's what this is:emb:) but if they were all this good I could get hooked:joy: I love the outta box, feels really nice and looks great with the lenti and the gold title. feels and looks quality and for a great price and it survived the jiffy bag:cigar:

Gonna watch the original 3 movies then check out the 3D version in the set:joy::joy::joy:

Surprised to hear that your copy was sent in a jiffy bag but hopefully it hasn't been damaged :ohno: . Even if it is though, Zoom customer service is quite helpful and I'm sure you would get a replacement copy without hassle :thumbs:.

It's a great set which exceeded my expectations :joy: and imo is well worth the full purchase price. Just wish I could watch the 3D version :(.

• Thanks
Surprised to hear that your copy was sent in a jiffy bag but hopefully it hasn't been damaged :ohno: . Even if it is though, Zoom customer service is quite helpful and I'm sure you would get a replacement copy without hassle :thumbs:.

It's a great set which exceeded my expectations :joy: and imo is well worth the full purchase price. Just wish I could watch the 3D version :(.

I was lucky, there wasn't any damage to the set:cigar: I'm surprised though cos when I picked it up of the stairs (my downstairs neighbour leaves my parcels there) it felt really heavy and I couldn't think what it could be but knew it was something collectable I'd ordered so was expecting damage as the floor downstairs has hard tiles so it would have dropped down heavy through the letter box and could've got a nice dent.. it's perfect though:)

It's definitely worth the full price:thumbs:, I like it so much I think it's worth even more:OMG:, maybe £25.. it was an absolute bargain, I'm so happy I have it.
sorry you can't watch the 3D disc, are you planning to get a 3D tv in the future? I only got mine last year, it's my first smart tv too.. I don't know how I lived with the 720p dumb tv for 10 years :emb: it was just so well made I never had a problem with it so I couldn't justify spending more money when my old set worked fine, then I decided that I've spent so much money on blu rays and I couldn't even watch them in full HD :bag::bag::bag: So I got one.. I didn't go for 4K though, I thought I'd upgrade to that when it's been out a while and gone down in price but I honestly am happy with what I have now and I've got a 6 year cover on it so I'll at least have it for that long.. I keep doing this lately, going way off topic in threads:bag::emb:sorry

I'm just watching star wars 1 (not IV lol) my first time watching this movie on blu ray, looks great, especially for such an old movie but I'm assuming this version I have (from the recent steelbook release)is the one they added the new cgi to, I would prefer to watch the same version I grew up watching.. has it been released on blu ray?
I must admit I've been messing around looking stuff up online on my phone whilst watching the film:emb: I know the plot well enough to be able to do that but I shouldve paid more attention (i will with 2 and 3) i like watching 3D movies cos it makes me keep my eyes on the film as I can't look at my phone cos the glasses will make the screen flicker.. that way I get immersed in the movie a lot more than when I watch 2D. I've only seen the force awakens once and I really enjoyed it so looking forward to getting to it:D

• Thanks
Reactions: lenticularis
:)
I was lucky, there wasn't any damage to the set:cigar: I'm surprised though cos when I picked it up of the stairs (my downstairs neighbour leaves my parcels there) it felt really heavy and I couldn't think what it could be but knew it was something collectable I'd ordered so was expecting damage as the floor downstairs has hard tiles so it would have dropped down heavy through the letter box and could've got a nice dent.. it's perfect though:)

It's definitely worth the full price:thumbs:, I like it so much I think it's worth even more:OMG:, maybe £25.. it was an absolute bargain, I'm so happy I have it.
sorry you can't watch the 3D disc, are you planning to get a 3D tv in the future? I only got mine last year, it's my first smart tv too.. I don't know how I lived with the 720p dumb tv for 10 years :emb: it was just so well made I never had a problem with it so I couldn't justify spending more money when my old set worked fine, then I decided that I've spent so much money on blu rays and I couldn't even watch them in full HD :bag::bag::bag: So I got one.. I didn't go for 4K though, I thought I'd upgrade to that when it's been out a while and gone down in price but I honestly am happy with what I have now and I've got a 6 year cover on it so I'll at least have it for that long.. I keep doing this lately, going way off topic in threads:bag::emb:sorry

I'm just watching star wars 1 (not IV lol) my first time watching this movie on blu ray, looks great, especially for such an old movie but I'm assuming this version I have (from the recent steelbook release)is the one they added the new cgi to, I would prefer to watch the same version I grew up watching.. has it been released on blu ray?
I must admit I've been messing around looking stuff up online on my phone whilst watching the film:emb: I know the plot well enough to be able to do that but I shouldve paid more attention (i will with 2 and 3) i like watching 3D movies cos it makes me keep my eyes on the film as I can't look at my phone cos the glasses will make the screen flicker.. that way I get immersed in the movie a lot more than when I watch 2D. I've only seen the force awakens once and I really enjoyed it so looking forward to getting to it:D
Pleased the package wasn't damaged; that must have been quite a relief. (I've been wanting to upgrade my current TV for some time but will wait and see what is revealed at the Consumer Electronics Show next year).

I was hoping that this set would have a lenticular cover as the mock-ups seemed to suggest it would :joy:. It's just a nice finishing touch to a great set :drool:.

• Thanks
:)
Pleased the package wasn't damaged; that must have been quite a relief. (I've been wanting to upgrade my current TV for some time but will wait and see what is revealed at the Consumer Electronics Show next year).

I was hoping that this set would have a lenticular cover as the mock-ups seemed to suggest it would :joy:. It's just a nice finishing touch to a great set :drool:.

Let me know what you choose when you upgrade :thumbs::oohyeah:

I had no idea about the lenti I just thought it would just be a cardboard cover with the image printed on the front.. so it was a really nice surprise :joy:and I'd totally forgotten it came with a bonus disc, I ordered it for the 3D disc and i just assumed that nothing about it would be very fancy .. I don't really buy digibooks (is that what it is) i honestly would buy more of them if they were all so well made.. I've probably missed some awesome releases :bag:

• Thanks
Reactions: lenticularis
Congrats to everyone who managed to get a copy for that bargain price :woot: :thumbs:.

Even though my copy was slightly more expensive I'm still happy to have it and I never would have thought that the price would drop so significantly on release. I'm sure you'll all love it when you have it in hand :).

• Thanks
Reactions: Samurainl
Amazon just got a strongly worded email from me

Bloody joke!

Just cite their own T&Cs in their Pre-order Price Guarantee

Whenever you pre-order an item eligible for Pre-order Price Guarantee, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you place your order up to and including the date the item is dispatched.

The pertinent bit is the
including the date the item is dispatched
- so they have to refund the difference

Got my refund. Wasn't sure if it were still applicable since mine was despatched on Saturday.

They also cite
Pre-order Price Guarantee: order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price. (Terms and conditions apply)

So when it was dispatched is irrelevant really since today is the release date

Reactions: bigrob