Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 15, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $34.99
Notes: 4-disc set

UK release thread here

avco_3d_pack_shot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, they also had bilingual for Maleficent, Snow White among others.
But like @tridon said, nationwide releases are always English :thumbs:

I am having a hard time to understand, meaning that bilingual slipcovers are only in Quebec ? Nation wide release what does that mean as opposed to Regular release like ''The Little Price'' for example which I believe is releases for the whole country even if Bilingual ?

BTW, had a Ding on a corner ''spine/front'' of slip of my Little Prince slipcover and a line where the moon is on the left side and I tried to tell myself not to be so OCD but this being one of the best Slipcover we ever had, I could not let it go and ordered a replacement for it :wow: I'm a lost cause :confused: ...but if I would have chosen a copy in store I would not have picked this one. almost perfect, but almost perfect is not perfect (n):dunno:

I am having a hard time to understand, meaning that bilingual slipcovers are only in Quebec ? Nation wide release what does that mean as opposed to Regular release like ''The Little Price'' for example which I believe is releases for the whole country even if Bilingual ?
May be @tridon can explain this better? :)

BTW, had a Ding on a corner ''spine/front'' of slip of my Little Prince slipcover and a line where the moon is on the left side and I tried to tell myself not to be so OCD but this being one of the best Slipcover we ever had, I could not let it go and ordered a replacement for it :wow: I'm a lost cause :confused: ...but if I would have chosen a copy in store I would not have picked this one. almost perfect, but almost perfect is not perfect (n):dunno:
Why not check in-store for stock? Are they all sold out?

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon

Why not check in-store for stock? Are they all sold out?

no its the strangest thing, this release appears to not be in store. a BB not too far had 3 copies, but I would not go to select an OCD copy when they only have 3 in stock lol :rofl: ...HMV carried 1 copy at one of their store and I was sure with such a title that Cosco would have had a big bunch but nothing since release. HMV and BB also sells them online like amazon.ca.

Last edited:

Distributors in Canada are a confusing, fickle bunch. Basically, it kinda goes like this...

Disney: All-English slipcovers (identical to the ones in the U.S.) across Canada except in Quebec where they sell both the all-English slipcover and an alternate bilingual slipcover.
Version of The Jungle Book available everywhere in Canada:
61Pcq43NUDL.jpg

Version of The Jungle Book available only in Quebec (unless you order off a website like Amazon -- then you can buy it from anywhere):
612nr0xoREL.jpg

Universal/Fox/Sony/Warner/Paramount: Nearly identical to the slipcovers sold in the U.S., but with bilingual text (only exception being Warner's TV releases -- those are identical to the U.S. release and without bilingual text). Sometimes a Canadian-exclusive distributor will pick up film rights for Canada over one of these guys. In that case, the slipcover would be different than the U.S. slipcover.

eOne/VVS/Mongrel/Elevation: A bilingual, Canadian exclusive slipcover not found in any other country.

Funimation/Shout & Scream Factory/HBO/Starz/Criterion: Identical to the slipcovers in the U.S.

I'm sure there's smaller distributors that I'm forgetting about, but this should at least give you an idea of what it's like trying to find non-bilingual slipcovers here.

@tridon Thank you very much for having taken the time to explain this to me in such details.

I will have to re-read this as it is a bit confusing but I see what you are saying and this explains why eOne's Releases have some minimal french
on the release as it is a Canadian wide release...so by looking at what you wrote it makes sense at how eOne functions in Canada.

And that explains why I have seen some Disney Titles on Amazon.ca with only the english title and I recently Pre-Ordered ''Finding Dori'' in English...
and saw they had a french edition of it.

It makes sense now that I am thinking at some releases. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Price now dropped to $34.99

Note
If you are from EU country and you pre order
Cheapest Shipping option is now AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping for international orders
You will have a import fess deposit taken when been shipped

If you also have any existing Pre Orders with previous Standard International Shipping and price drops Amazon will apply AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping automatically and this will also include import fees deposit

Last edited:
Disney: All-English slipcovers (identical to the ones in the U.S.) across Canada except in Quebec where they sell both the all-English slipcover and an alternate bilingual slipcover.
The funny thing is, I once ordered Snow White from BB online and I received the bilingual slip. Must have been a mix up somewhere, because i know our warehouse is somewhere in Ontario.

• Thanks
The funny thing is, I once ordered Snow White from BB online and I received the bilingual slip. Must have been a mix up somewhere, because i know our warehouse is somewhere in Ontario.

Yeah, that's a pretty strange mix-up. I guess it's possible since Ontario is next door to Quebec.

Also strange that this 3D release hasn't shown up for Canada yet. I'll keep watching for it...

Reactions: AlienKing
They are literally forcing people to buy the cheaper UK edition. ;)

Actually, I just preordered it from Amazon UK. Only thing I'm worried about is it might be packaged poorly and arrive damaged. I guess same thing can happen when ordering from Amazon US :wow: