Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Czech]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: 799 CZK (30,39 €)

Afaik the Czech one is supposed to be like the other EU versions so no title on spine. I have asked Karel to confirm ;)
01.jpg 02.jpg

12243519_1242441765772375_3525401371724517887_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised people aren't more even keeled about this movie. Remember the last time?
View attachment 194488 And everyone is excited by Kylo Ren...
I remember people also being excited about this guy, too:
View attachment 194489
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Just sayin...

That's a legitimate concern, of course, but I'm a lot more optimistic this time around because, at least where huge Hollywood sci-fi blockbusters are concerned, JJ Abrams has way more game than any of the prequel-trilogy directors.

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
That's a legitimate concern, of course, but I'm a lot more optimistic this time around because, at least where huge Hollywood sci-fi blockbusters are concerned, JJ Abrams has way more game than any of the prequel-trilogy directors.
There was just one prequel director- George Lucas!;) And I agree with you! (Lucas was never a strong director).

There was just one prequel director- George Lucas!;) And I agree with you! (Lucas was never a strong director).

Holy crap, you're right! :LOL: For some reason, I've had it in my head for years that he only did the first installment of the prequels. I must have transposed that idea from the original trilogy at some point.

I must punish myself for this laughable error. :emb:

It's sad about Lucas. He was a truly promising director in his early days, with films like the original Star Wars, American Graffiti, and THX 1138. I especially love the latter; I'm just as furious with Lucas for burying the original version of this as I am about the original versions of the first Star Wars trilogy.

Last edited:
Holy crap, you're right! :LOL: For some reason, I've had it in my head for years that he only did the first installment of the prequels. I must have transposed that idea from the original trilogy at some point.

It's sad about Lucas. He was a truly promising director in his early days, with films like the original Star Wars, American Graffiti, and THX 1138. I especially love the latter; I'm just as furious with Lucas for burying the original version of this as I am about the original versions of the first Star Wars trilogy.
Lucas hated the actual shooting of movies. He liked the post process more. Where we are now, is kind of his fault.
Directors no longer going on locations in favor of green screens. But that was his vision- sitting in a cubicle making movies on a computer without having to break a sweat. I think we are worse for it. Great location work always trumps green screen. Can you imagine the Burj-Kalifa scene in Ghost Protocol ginned up on computer?
One thing to look out for in the new film: movement. One of Lucas' hallmarks directorially was his minimalist movement of camera. I think (if memory serves) the first SW was all locked shots!
It will be interesting to see if JJ goes for his own sense of movement- or feels the need to 'honor' the series with minimal camera flourishes and old-school camera wipes inbetween scenes. I hope he goes for something completely new. (I'm not a SW fan- so I have no dog in this hunt...but I hope for a good movie- and I like JJ's movies so far (except Super 8).
*I'll leave it up to the Star Wars fans as to whether you should be put in Star Wars jail for the prequel Gaff!!!:D

Don't worry, I don't think anyone could care less about a knowledge gap with the prequel trilogy ;). After all it's hard to believe the same guy that did the original trilogy is even involved with those films in the first place. I just wish he hadn't gone on to mess up his original masterpiece - it'd be like Da Vinci deciding years later that the Mona Lisa needed a great big cheesy grin because it wasn't obvious enough how she was feeling :rolleyes:. It's just wrong.

Reactions: adarkcorner
I'm surprised people aren't more even keeled about this movie. Remember the last time?
View attachment 194488 And everyone is excited by Kylo Ren...
I remember people also being excited about this guy, too:
View attachment 194489
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Just sayin...

Probably one of a few, but I enjoyed the new trilogy, yes they had their faults, but then so did the originals. Revenge of the Sith is actually one of my favourites of the 6, second behind only Empire

Reactions: navydavey