Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Choice #009) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: June 17, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenti - One Click
Price: $49.00 (Individual editions) - $147 (One Click)
Note: 2000 copies print run (200 Full slip Type A - 200 Full Slip Type B - 400 Lenti - 400 One Click) Order gift: PET Slip & Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv

Lenticular | Full Slip Type A | Full Slip Type B | Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover with PET slipcover

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Pre-order on May 27 at 10 PM (Korea time) - Check your local time HERE
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless there's a 3d disc-not interested...

Disney has confirmed that a Blu-ray 3D version is coming later this year. That suggests that this first release of the film on Blu-ray is just the vanilla version, and that there could be a more elaborate special edition package (with 3D) coming in time to promote the theatrical release of Star Wars: Rogue One during the holiday season.

Last edited:
Anybody know if the Nova version will have a glossy steelbook as opposed to the matte European version (as their discs are usually region A right?)?

Anybody know if the Nova version will have a glossy steelbook as opposed to the matte European version (as their discs are usually region A right?)?
The steelbook non exclusive version listing on Novamedia and Kimchi shows the Korea Steelbook it's the european steelbook
14604292799221903.jpg
14604292438501573.jpg

Nova Choice will be the korea steelbook above in photo but in a numbered limited Full Slip and Lenti and include the clear pet slip and whatever else usually artcards

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Well even I think it won't be likely to happen but you guys remember Edge of Tomorrow? even it's the same art but NM has spot gloss while rest of the world are just pure matte...

Well even I think it won't be likely to happen but you guys remember Edge of Tomorrow? even it's the same art but NM has spot gloss while rest of the world are just pure matte...

it was not just Novamedia that had the spot Gloss Treatment, as it was the ''Regular Korean Steelbook'' (which Nova used for their Nova Choice release)

Reactions: goufcustom
Disney has confirmed that a Blu-ray 3D version is coming later this year. That suggests that this first release of the film on Blu-ray is just the vanilla version, and that there could be a more elaborate special edition package (with 3D) coming in time to promote the theatrical release of Star Wars: Rogue One during the holiday season.

That is exactly what will happen.

I for one am curious how the PET slip will turn out. Obviously it will have Star Wars the Force Awakens in the bottom left hand corner on the front but I wonder what it add on the back. Normally these korean PET slips add something awesome to the overall look of the steel like the Avengers AOU and Ant Man ones, wonder what they'll bring to the table this time

I would love it if something like that happened but Edge of Tomorrow was a Warner release and they are a bit more all over the place when it comes to worldwide artwork (Note how many different versions of Batman steels there are in other regions). Disney are a much more intolerant company when it comes to artwork.

Saying that though, you know if Warner release a 3D steel it's gonna have a massive '3D' on the cover.

Reactions: goufcustom
actually I'm waiting for Blufans but NM always did fantastic jobs on slips and stuffs (and lately Blufans is really kinda drop the balls on slips..)... so this might it...

Last edited:
Thats me all over flower STRANGE :rofl:

I LOVE All Si Fi :thumbs:. Alien, To Firefly to Spacehunter Adventures In The Forbidden Zone to Farscape back to Blakes 7 to Fifth Eliment .

I have seen all the others . Have nothing other than respect and admiration for the groundbreaking origonal . Is the endless re relises of the first trilogy.

The second Trilogy liked certain moments of the 1st and 3rd .

The never ending march of hype and merchandising has totaly turned me off The Force awakens .
Rammed contently down my throught :stop:.

Shopping opening weekend Tesco couldent get in the store for staff dressed as Jedi HELLO your not Jedi :banghead:. Will I buy a laptop , Tablet , Yogurts because they are Star wars labled NO :stop: .

Don't get me wrong this Nova relise is the best of the lot . Not for me though . Glad my friends have the chance to choose witch relise they want:D .

Dear, from the bottom of my heart I hope you'll give this movie a chance. It's easy to get fed up with all the hype and merchandise as they over do it every time to the level of nausea. It's like you can't even have a meal somewhere without Star Wars mug, napkins etc. Even I feel uncomfortable when they try to suffocate you with all the stuff. What comes to the movie itself, all I can say it's really a good film and worthy of a watch even if one didn't like the Star Wars that much. I can tell you my oldest daughter pretty much had zero interest in Star Wars and I asked her if she'd liked to come with me to the theatre. After a lot of reluctance she said '' dad, I'm gonna tell you I'm probably going to hate it". What happened, she liked it and wanted to see it again from blu-ray a while ago ;).

Bummed I missed out on the GB on this. but i cant afford the One Click and want to be able to choose my favorite edition.
Looks like I'll have to take my chances with the nova servers lol