Release date: April 9, 2018
Purchase link: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Prices: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D)
Notes: Includes title on the spine

DWe9r2ZXkAAnWdO.jpg DWe9r1GW0AAQ5De.jpg
DWe9r0tWkAAJ3e3.jpg DWe9r03X4AIEGlT.jpg
11642793-8654539570351600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching this last night. Disney have truely turned to the dark side. One of the worst SW movies of all time. There is so many holes in the plot reminds me of a piece of swiss cheese.
They may as well just stick a turd on the front of the SB for artwork. (n):angry::muted::arghh::arghh::banghead:

Agree fully sadly.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mobley
[QUOTE="paulboland, post: 2080270, member: 6041"

I doubt very much there will be a digital code for the soundtrack score with the UK steelbook if I'm wrong then it would be a nice extra to get[/QUOTE]

It’s not the soundtrack, it’s a copy of the movie with no dialogue, effects or anything. It basically plays as a silent movie. I’m sure it’ll be obtainable anyway, but it’d be nice if they included. Members of Disney Ireland were at the event & they didn’t correct him, so maybe.

[QUOTE="paulboland, post: 2080270, member: 6041"

I doubt very much there will be a digital code for the soundtrack score with the UK steelbook if I'm wrong then it would be a nice extra to get

It’s not the soundtrack, it’s a copy of the movie with no dialogue, effects or anything. It basically plays as a silent movie. I’m sure it’ll be obtainable anyway, but it’d be nice if they included. Members of Disney Ireland were at the event & they didn’t correct him, so maybe.[/QUOTE]
It's done using Disney Movies Anywhere app using a code

USA Release
Fans of Star Wars: The Last Jedi buying the movie for home use will get access to a never-before-seen version. Both digital and physical purchases will unlock access to a cut of the movie where the only audio is John Williams’ score.

The music-only edit was revealed on Twitter by Last Jedi director Rian Johnson, who called it his favorite (“kinda hidden”) special feature. There is a catch, however; to access it, customers will have to sign up for the Movies Anywhere app, the Disney-backed digital movie aggregator that is the exclusive home for the score-only Last Jedi.

Disney Movies Anywhere is USA only not available in the UK/Ireland

It might be an extra with UK/Ireland itunes Digital purchase but I don't know for sure if it does at the moment
You have to purchase iTunes copy in UK as it's not included with UK Disney Blu-ray's

You can setup an account with Disney Movies Anywhere if you pretend you are based in USA and stream extras on the Disney Movies Anywhere website but it won't work unless you use a VPN to give your computer a USA IP address

You won't though be able to use the Disney Movies Anytime App on your phone in the UK or Ireland

Last edited:
After watching this last night. Disney have truely turned to the dark side. One of the worst SW movies of all time. There is so many holes in the plot reminds me of a piece of swiss cheese.
They may as well just stick a turd on the front of the SB for artwork. (n):angry::muted::arghh::arghh::banghead:

I know. It's bad isn't it? :LOL:

(And I'm a life long Star Wars fan)

• Thanks
I felt similarly after seeing it (and I've seen it only once so far). However, we just rewatched the prequels, and I was surprised by how many of the problems in the new trilogy are there in the prequels, too--especially regarding plot holes. It's amazing the number of seemingly significant and interesting plot points that are raised in a prequel, only to be dropped and never heard of again, just like in the new trilogy. That doesn't make TLJ any better, but it just reminds me that plot holes and off-kilter narrative structure have long been a part of SW.

This video shows how simple it would have been to fix some of the things that didn't work well in TLJ. I don't know if that helps, or just makes you more frustrated. :)

I'm hopeful that the excitement about the music-only version of TLJ will convince Disney and other studios to do this for many more movies. If that's all the good that TLJ does for the world, that'll be something very worthwhile.

• Thanks
I felt similarly after seeing it (and I've seen it only once so far). However, we just rewatched the prequels, and I was surprised by how many of the problems in the new trilogy are there in the prequels, too--especially regarding plot holes. It's amazing the number of seemingly significant and interesting plot points that are raised in a prequel, only to be dropped and never heard of again, just like in the new trilogy. That doesn't make TLJ any better, but it just reminds me that plot holes and off-kilter narrative structure have long been a part of SW.

This video shows how simple it would have been to fix some of the things that didn't work well in TLJ. I don't know if that helps, or just makes you more frustrated. :)

I'm hopeful that the excitement about the music-only version of TLJ will convince Disney and other studios to do this for many more movies. If that's all the good that TLJ does for the world, that'll be something very worthwhile.

I find it funny how people are overly critical of the new movies, whilst not applying the same level to the original Trilogy.. ....

• Thanks
Reactions: winter_soldier
I find it funny how people are overly critical of the new movies, whilst not applying the same level to the original Trilogy.. ....
Oh, there are things to critique in the originals. But I can see two reasons (besides the power of nostalgia for the originals) the other trilogies receive more intense scrutiny. One is simply that the originals came first, and one hopes that subsequent movies learn from earlier mistakes and improve. Some people feel that the newer trilogies don't improve on the originals.

The other reason is that when Lucas made the first one, there was no guarantee that it would become a trilogy. So the odd inconsistencies in that series ("I know...somehow, I've always known," for example. No, she definitely didn't always know.) are perhaps more excusable. With both of the other trilogies, though, they were always going to be three parts each, so it doesn't make sense that they can't maintain internal logic within themselves. Kathleen Kennedy's idea of "Oh, we're not going to figure out the whole story, we'll just let each director do what he wants" seems bizarre to me.

(Sorry this is off-topic--mods can delete if they like. There's nothing brilliant here.)

• Thanks
The OT might not be perfect, but it comes close to being so. The new films are okay in my opinion they just don't capture the magic of the originals, IMO it's as simple as that. Also it's not a case of my nostalgia blinkers being left on as I didn't watch the OT until I was an adult.

• Thanks
The OT might not be perfect, but it comes close to being so. The new films are okay in my opinion they just don't capture the magic of the originals, IMO it's as simple as that. Also it's not a case of my nostalgia blinkers being left on as I didn't watch the OT until I was an adult.

You hit the nail on the head, the OT had MAGIC (goose bump moments) and the plot mistakes where small and forgiving not the size of a black hole. Lucky I don't work for disney, I would of sacked the director, hired him again and then sacked him again and then sued him.
I am sorry its off topic mods, but SW is a very serious thing and something not to be messed with. Do it right or not at all.

I'm not going to have a good weekend. Why Disney Why :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: - Please rename the film to "Dream Crusher"

SB cancelled.

You hit the nail on the head, the OT had MAGIC (goose bump moments) and the plot mistakes where small and forgiving not the size of a black hole. Lucky I don't work for disney, I would of sacked the director, hired him again and then sacked him again and then sued him.
I am sorry its off topic mods, but SW is a very serious thing and something not to be messed with. Do it right or not at all.

I'm not going to have a good weekend. Why Disney Why :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: - Please rename the film to "Dream Crusher"

SB cancelled.
Well, the shareholders don’t agree with you. The movies earn a lot of money.....so I guess...

giphy.gif

Well, the shareholders don’t agree with you. The movies earn a lot of money.....so I guess...

giphy.gif

Your right they do earn a lot of money for the shareholders, but one thing is for sure they won't be earnings any money from me on this movie.

200w.gif

Your right they do earn a lot of money for the shareholders, but one thing is for sure they won't be earnings any money from me on this movie.

View attachment 364859
That’s your right of course.

I think I will compensate for you...besides the Zavvi release I have some other releases ordered:
- Best Buy steelbook
- Target exclusive
- Disney Store Lithograph exclusive
- Amaray 4K

And of course the Blufans, etc, if possible to secure it in the future.

I like the movie :happy:

• Thanks
That’s your right of course.

I think I will compensate for you...besides the Zavvi release I have some other releases ordered:
- Best Buy steelbook
- Target exclusive
- Disney Store Lithograph exclusive
- Amaray 4K

And of course the Blufans, etc, if possible to secure it in the future.

I like the movie :happy:

I loved the movie, it's my favourite in all of Star Wars, hands down. So I'm looking forward to this and also have multiple pre-orders for it:
- UK regular 4K
- Zavvi 3D steelbook
- UK Light Side cover
- UK Dark Side cover

I'm trying to stop with the premium releases to save money, but if BF came up with a really amazing one I might not be able to resist. We shall see.

• Thanks
Reactions: rschiks
Oh, there are things to critique in the originals. But I can see two reasons (besides the power of nostalgia for the originals) the other trilogies receive more intense scrutiny. One is simply that the originals came first, and one hopes that subsequent movies learn from earlier mistakes and improve. Some people feel that the newer trilogies don't improve on the originals.

The other reason is that when Lucas made the first one, there was no guarantee that it would become a trilogy. So the odd inconsistencies in that series ("I know...somehow, I've always known," for example. No, she definitely didn't always know.) are perhaps more excusable. With both of the other trilogies, though, they were always going to be three parts each, so it doesn't make sense that they can't maintain internal logic within themselves. Kathleen Kennedy's idea of "Oh, we're not going to figure out the whole story, we'll just let each director do what he wants" seems bizarre to me.

(Sorry this is off-topic--mods can delete if they like. There's nothing brilliant here.)

I'm pretty sure Lucas didn't have everything mapped out, for instance he had to basically write the whole Han frozen in carbonate thing in case Harrison Ford didn't come back for the 3rd movie.

The first movie (ep4) was pretty much a condensed version of an overall story he had, to which he said he about 3 movies worth of script. Lucas also had an author write a sequel which could be made into a movie on the cheap if ANH was a flop, which was nothing like the story from ESB.

So not sure how that is different to the overall vision that they have now, is there any inconsistencies from 7 to 8? Lucas pretty much made it up as he went along.

People say that the OT was perfect, the greatest ever but then criticize the new films for things that you could criticise the OT for. Of course watching new Star Wars movies in your 30's or 40's isn't going to be the same as watching the originals when you were 5 or 10 years old ........

• Thanks
I'm pretty sure Lucas didn't have everything mapped out, for instance he had to basically write the whole Han frozen in carbonate thing in case Harrison Ford didn't come back for the 3rd movie. ... Lucas pretty much made it up as he went along.

Yes, that's what I'm saying--Lucas didn't map out three movies from the start, and as a result, the narrative flow is odd in some places. But when you know you're making three movies no matter what, there seems to be no reason not to do some planning for three movies. TLJ drops some plot points that were set up in TFA to play out much differently--and not for plot-necessity reasons, but more because Rian Johnson didn't feel like going there. The prequels do this a lot, too, and those were all crafted by a single director, so who knows.

People say that the OT was perfect.

I don't say the OT is perfect. It's flawed, but I love it. :) The flaws in the newer movies bother me more, for whatever reason, and I don't love them as much. Opinions are all subjective when it comes to big-franchise movies, but it can be fun to discuss. I very much dislike how heated and angry discussions about TLJ become. There's no reason for that. It's a movie, we have different opinions; we ought to be able to listen to and respect each other. :)

View attachment 364859

Same, cancelled my order. Agreed, a financial success doesn't equal a good film. I don't think its without its merits, Mark Hamill's performance is Oscar worthy IMO everything else from
Laura Dern to Superleia to Finn being a side character when he should've been the lead alongside Rey
is uhh questionable...very questionable.

• Thanks
Yes, that's what I'm saying--Lucas didn't map out three movies from the start, and as a result, the narrative flow is odd in some places. But when you know you're making three movies no matter what, there seems to be no reason not to do some planning for three movies. TLJ drops some plot points that were set up in TFA to play out much differently--and not for plot-necessity reasons, but more because Rian Johnson didn't feel like going there. The prequels do this a lot, too, and those were all crafted by a single director, so who knows.

I don't say the OT is perfect. It's flawed, but I love it. :) The flaws in the newer movies bother me more, for whatever reason, and I don't love them as much. Opinions are all subjective when it comes to big-franchise movies, but it can be fun to discuss. I very much dislike how heated and angry discussions about TLJ become. There's no reason for that. It's a movie, we have different opinions; we ought to be able to listen to and respect each other. :)

Which plot points did he drop from TFA?

I know you didn't say that, but lots of people do. I agree, overall I like the prequels but I cringe every time I hear or see Jar Jar Binks, but I guess he was aiming at the younger audience with him.

I have seen plenty of people's reasons for not liking TLJ, but some just have me thinking how on earth they could like any Star Wars movie at all.

The fact that the flaws of the the OT don't bother you but the flaws of the newer ones do, kinda seems like the rose tinted glasses effect to me.

Can't say I dislike any Star Wars movie, I can watch and enjoy them all.

• Thanks
Same, cancelled my order. Agreed, a financial success doesn't equal a good film. I don't think its without its merits, Mark Hamill's performance is Oscar worthy IMO everything else from
Laura Dern to Superleia to Finn being a side character when he should've been the lead alongside Rey
is uhh questionable...very questionable.

You say Finn was a side character, but for me his story arc probably gave him the most character development in the movie.

personally overall i like the tlj, and def is a marmite film you either loved it or hated it.

yes there where certain storylines in tfa that answers where not easily charcater developed and some just ignored(which was a silly move and a way to piss off people who wanted answers before from questions)
i can see where some would be annoyed, they felt cheated abit
1.rays background who was she etc? was badly answered
e.g. some just have the force naturally within them. this was explained and highlighted on some of the profesional film reviews
2.snork who was he, how did he become supreme leader etc (they just kill him off for a twist)
many more but im tired atm

i think kathleen giving a new director every film is her biggest mistake because every director has a different vision, she would have been better giving jj the first 3 and then change director. the flow between films would have carried the storylines better with vision and more structure.
the part of new director feels like in her mind getting fresh eyes but you can end up with a different film from the same script with each director.

but have to agree with others people should be able to chat without becoming an arguement. everyones view is different and from what im seeing on here it looks like a 50/50 split so for me is a marmite film.

we see the backlash on ix in 2019 i guess.

i just hope the new solo film is going to be good after so much filming was done then dropped ron howard in to finish it off, every film ron howard has done i have loved but it does worry me when it becomes a clean up job but we shall see time will tell.

basil :thumbs:

You say Finn was a side character, but for me his story arc probably gave him the most character development in the movie.

To be fair I didn't think there was much in terms of any character development, I think the issue is that it deviated too much from TFA and didn't feel consistent with it, that's what I gather from the varying opinions. Hopefully J.J. will figure out how to bring things full circle in Episode IX. :watch: