Release date: April 9, 2018
Purchase link: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Prices: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D)
Notes: Includes title on the spine

DWe9r2ZXkAAnWdO.jpg DWe9r1GW0AAQ5De.jpg
DWe9r0tWkAAJ3e3.jpg DWe9r03X4AIEGlT.jpg
11642793-8654539570351600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-order the 4K for now. If the artwork is **** or no title on the spine, cancelled it will be. Looking forawrd to see what blufans come up with, they have nailed it with TFA and RO.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Pre-order the 4K for now. If the artwork is **** or no title on the spine, cancelled it will be. Looking forward to see what blufans come up with, they have nailed it with TFA and RO.

And the reason Blufans "nailed it" with the TFA and RO steelbooks is because they used the amaray art or something very similar to it. Which of course Disney would have had to approve.

Poster art is better.

Imagge.jpg Image (2).jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mobley
Preordered the 3D one, but damnit, title on the spine. Makes me feel like I need to get a copy of Force Awakens with a title on the spine just to make my collection seem ‘right’.

I love the current artwork.

A bit of bossing on the lettering, a splash of spot gloss here and there, a jcard that blends in with a few three dimensional stars shimmering away, no inner artwork to replicate the vacuum of space.

Sorted.

Thought this was pretty goddamn great and I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan.

Hope this steel is better than their TFA, though. Like... much better.

Just back from seeing this. Not sure what I thought of it to be honest. :confused:

Not what I was expecting.

Is there a thread where I can discuss it with those who have already seen it and talk about spoilers etc.......?

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
You just know the artwork for this release is going to be rubbish and two different versions 4K and 3D if HMV had of got it you would have gotten both together, may as well just wait for blufans
HMV would not had got a release with 4K/3D/2D in one Steelbook from the distributor Disney UK

If HMV had the exclusive they would been the exact same releases as Zavvi got as in 2 separate steelbooks

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ghost1
What a absolute rip off £32.99 for a 4k steelbook, i know it will sell out but its still a rip off disney sure know how to milk it.
Prepare for more higher prices with Disney Releases

Fox have agreed a deal to sell all its Film and TV assets to Disney at a cost of 54.1 billion dollars
Pending approval from competition authorities
From 2019 Disney will own all of Fox films catalogue
Sky TV will also end up been owned by Disney
Disney will also agree to cover all of Fox existing debts of 13.1 billion separately to the takeover deal

66.1 billion dollars it will cost Disney overall

Last edited:
Not sure how the 4k version is considered overpriced. The standard Amaray 4k will be £25,so it's 7-8 quid on top for the steelbook

We've all been paying a tenner above the cost of a standard blu ray Amaray for marvel steelbooks on zavvi for years, a full tenner.. This isnt overpriced at all

The first three films would have been great with the original film poster art on the front but that individual character on each one just put me off. Maybe some day we'll get that but I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully one day we’ll get Mondo Steelbooks for the whole set- to have Jock’s Trash Compactor art work on a Star Wars ‘77 Steel would be really nice. Or something bespin inspired for an Empire Strikes Back Steel...

We can only dream.