Release date: April 9, 2018
Purchase link: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Prices: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D)
Notes: Includes title on the spine

DWe9r2ZXkAAnWdO.jpg DWe9r1GW0AAQ5De.jpg
DWe9r0tWkAAJ3e3.jpg DWe9r03X4AIEGlT.jpg
11642793-8654539570351600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice if there's a bonus disc announced nearing release.

Yes it's pricey but I don't have 3D equipment and neither do I intend to, this also has a 4K DI so it will look phenomenal! So it would be silly if I didn't get the 4K release.

Not sure how the 4k version is considered overpriced. The standard Amaray 4k will be £25,so it's 7-8 quid on top for the steelbook

We've all been paying a tenner above the cost of a standard blu ray Amaray for marvel steelbooks on zavvi for years, a full tenner.. This isnt overpriced at all

£25 for a standard 4K amaray is overpriced so that's why people think £33 for a 4K steelbook is overpriced

Since some studios are doing 4K and 3D steelbook for £25 only adds to this argument.

However if these continue to sell at this price and people are happy to pay that then it won't change anytime soon

£25 for a standard 4K amaray is overpriced so that's why people think £33 for a 4K steelbook is overpriced

Since some studios are doing 4K and 3D steelbook for £25 only adds to this argument.

However if these continue to sell at this price and people are happy to pay that then it won't change anytime soon

Prices should go down once the market grows more, it doesn't really matter that early adopters are willing to pay an inflated price. When DVDs first came out I was paying £20+ per movie and around £100 for one season of a TV show, prices eventually started to fall after a couple of years.

I do agree that £25 for a standard release is too much compared to other formats though, hopefully prices will start dropping next year.

If you're concerned about the price you're going to spend for your copy of the The Last Jedi steelbook then just order a bunch of the 3D versions and sell them on ebay to North Americans to cover the cost.

Or even 3D versions that aren't steelbooks.

North America is not receiving 3D copies of any kind the first go around.

You're going to see listings saying 107 copies sold - more than 10 available.

If you're concerned about the price you're going to spend for your copy of the The Last Jedi steelbook then just order a bunch of the 3D versions and sell them on ebay to North Americans to cover the cost.

Or even 3D versions that aren't steelbooks.

North America is not receiving 3D copies of any kind the first go around.

You're going to see listings saying 107 copies sold - more than 10 available.
Or post to social media to let know those in north america that the 3D edition both Amaray and Steelbook is available to order from various retailers in Europe at retail price so they don't have to pay ebay prices :p:rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Or post to social media to let know those in north america that the 3D edition both Amaray and Steelbook is available to order from various retailers in Europe at retail price so they don't have to pay ebay prices :p:rofl:

This is the only "social media" that I am involved with.
Everybody here is probably already aware that 3D will not be available in North American releases. :)

So maybe somebody else would like to spread the word? :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Just come back from the cinema watching this, complete garbage. Very disappointing...wont go into detail to spoil the movie but I feel cheated from what could had been a great sequel to TFA.
Whoever wrote the screenplay should be shot. Disney’s WTF are you doing?? Wish Lucas had never sold the franchise. We would never see what Lucas had visioned in Ep 7-9.

Just come back from the cinema watching this, complete garbage. Very disappointing...wont go into detail to spoil the movie but I feel cheated from what could had been a great sequel to TFA.
Whoever wrote the screenplay should be shot. Disney’s WTF are you doing?? Wish Lucas had never sold the franchise. We would never see what Lucas had visioned in Ep 7-9.

I'm with you. Feels like a complete let down and pretty disjointed from Force Awakens. Alot of comedy moments fell flat. Plot payoffs from the previous movie were just wank or disregarded, too much time spent on crappy subplots. Considering there is only one more film in this trilogy I can't see what they can do tie it altogether for a satisfying ending.

I'm with you. Feels like a complete let down and pretty disjointed from Force Awakens. Alot of comedy moments fell flat. Plot payoffs from the previous movie were just wank or disregarded, too much time spent on crappy subplots. Considering there is only one more film in this trilogy I can't see what they can do tie it altogether for a satisfying ending.

Agree with everything you said here.

I've gotten a few other things off my chest over in the movies specific thread also where you can discuss it in more depth with spoilers.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Darth toffeeman
Agree with everything you said here.

I've gotten a few other things off my chest over in the movies specific thread also where you can discuss it in more depth with spoilers.....

No need to discuss it. Read the IMDB reviews and nearly every negative review is spot on and how I feel.

It’s funny how on the premier a few days ago there were ratings of 10/10 from all the beloved fanboys. Then the true reviews come on the 14th Dec averaging 3/10

• Thanks
You know- it’s quite funny to me of the wide variety of Star Wars fans that this film has upset.

It upset people who are casual viewers of Star Wars.
It upset people who hold on (potentially a tad too much) to the Expanded Universe and the Prequels.
It upset people who held Luke Skywalker as a paragon and not as a character with flaws.
It upset people who are not willing to readily upset these new steps made within the canon.

And it upset me- someone who is fine with all the changes and character arcs made- but who detests this current generations’ fascination with the “quippy action” film.

Says something when this currently holds the lowest rotten tomatoes audience score of all the movies, including the often criticized Phantom Menace.

It's just a bad film. I doubt Rian Johnson understands any of the culture and depth of character in this most treasured Saga.

Take away Jar Jar and some of the 'oops' Anakin and over complicating of the force, and the basic premise of the Phantom Menace as a shell story, is better than this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig
At the very least in Phantom Menace you had that bad ass light saber battle between Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul which was epic.

I hate this notion that Luke Skywalker is a Jedi master too, he had a couple of weeks of training on Dagobah with a Yoda who was obviously going senile. He didn't even balance the force in the end, it was Anakin/Darth Vader.. You have to look back at the prequels to see what a true Jedi was.

• Thanks
I was expecting some epic light sabre battles. So far these Disney releases have failed miserably.

To be honest I was never a fan of TFA, I throught it was average at best and perhaps just an introduction and build up to the new chapter with mysteries of who Snoke was, where Rey came from, etc. All that was destroyed in TLJ and confirmed to me that I actually prefer Lucas’s Prequel Trilogy and he should had stayed on, just some changes to his direction less CGI etc and no more silly Jar Jar type gimmicks for kids marketing.

Now we get this pile of **** and no doubt this movie will make mega money and SW9 will just follow on the same garbage what we seen.

I feel sorry for Lucas. He created SW but got so much criticism I don’t blame him for jacking up the directors chair as he had no confidence in making another movie. He even said that Disney took in none of his ideas in TFA.

Sighs.....