Release date: April 9, 2018
Purchase link: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Prices: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D)
Notes: Includes title on the spine

DWe9r2ZXkAAnWdO.jpg DWe9r1GW0AAQ5De.jpg
DWe9r0tWkAAJ3e3.jpg DWe9r03X4AIEGlT.jpg
11642793-8654539570351600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Visually stunning, it will look amazing on 4k, though it will also need two additional discs worth of material to cover off every single plot hole. Though the gag reel will be non-existent, they used every single one in the actual film.

Glad I walked in knowing that liking the original trilogy I would find this latest instalment very hard to like. Though I find it even harder to take in after Rogue One, which seemed to hit the sweet spot better, that they then went even further in the opposite direction.

Just waiting for a Mondo cover for the steelbook, featuring Luke Skywalker drinking freshly pulled milk from a Sea Walrus.

First movie I've seen in a theatre in over 2 years and I had to see it in 3D (I don't like 3D) because that was the only option at the time.

And I enjoyed it. I thought the 3D was well done and evident all through the movie.
As far as complaints about unanswered questions, you know there is still another movie coming, right?

But that's all I'm going to say. Debating Star Wars is like debating politics or religion.

Shouldn't be done. Always best to avoid it.

Steelbook pre-ordered from Zavvi. :)

Did anyone else think there was more lens flare in this one than in J.J.'s? I felt like a significant number of 3D effects were lens flare. :)

The only thing worse than the film in this situation is the inevitbly crap WWA steelbook design we're gonna get with a wank zavvi exclusive matte finish

First movie I've seen in a theatre in over 2 years and I had to see it in 3D (I don't like 3D) because that was the only option at the time.

And I enjoyed it. I thought the 3D was well done and evident all through the movie.
As far as complaints about unanswered questions, you know there is still another movie coming, right?

But that's all I'm going to say. Debating Star Wars is like debating politics or religion.

Shouldn't be done. Always best to avoid it.

Steelbook pre-ordered from Zavvi. :)
Are you alleging that Star Wars is not a religion?

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Another movie is coming, in two years...can't wait for all those unanswered questions to not be fulfilled just like the wait from Force awakens to this garbage

Another movie is coming, in two years...can't wait for all those unanswered questions to not be fulfilled just like the wait from Force awakens to this garbage

Well at least you know in advance that you won't have to waste your time viewing Chapter IX.

I think it would be best if movie companies stop planning trilogies or sequels in advance and just make standalone, one-off, make sure it's all wrapped up by the end of the film with all questions answered movies.

No more sequels. I could live with that.

Enough of these continuing stories already.
Or people could just stop going to Star Wars movies.

We're not 7 anymore. These movies aren't being made for us. They're made for selling toys.

They're for kids.

Well at least you know in advance that you won't have to waste your time viewing Chapter IX.

I think it would be best if movie companies stop planning trilogies or sequels in advance and just make standalone, one-off, make sure it's all wrapped up by the end of the film with all questions answered movies.

No more sequels. I could live with that.

Enough of these continuing stories already.
Or people could just stop going to Star Wars movies.

We're not 7 anymore. These movies aren't being made for us. They're made for selling toys.

They're for kids.

I was going to go into a long response but thought screw it. "These films are for kids, they're for selling toys" (paraphrase).. such a lazy outlook on why this film is crap. Kids didn't make this have over 300 million currently in profit in box office alone. Through threads of stories in movies work just fine (MCU,TDK Trilogy,LOTR,Harry Potter), this was just a lazy sloppy mess. Even for a 7 year old it's a crap movie. When you're driving home and ask your 9 year old son what was his favourite part and he says "I don't have one" it says alot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Such a whinge bag.

you noticed its the same few shouting how they all hate it fine, they said there bit but i truly wish they would piss off to the right thread to moan there i do suspect that there are some who have not seen it yet this thread its for the steelbook and not everything they personally hate it aint gooona change sh1t for them.
but they have had they say for me personally i wish they just shut up with quite unhappy they personally are i don't wanna hear it any more!

the right thread for unhappy people

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...last-jedi-in-theaters-december-15-2017.63684/

perhaps @cooey can remind you all where to go talk about the film instead in here the same same few whinge bags could not agree more!

basil :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Exit35
There can't be THAT many trolls so sway the score like that.

The truth is, the film was garbage. Opening scene without the cheesy forced comedy was awesome, tense and thrilling. From this point on the film spiralled more out of control than one of the tie fighters that crashed into the star destroyer near the end of return of the jedi.

Where there is a will there is always a way. Did you not see the lad who used somekind of software to get his garden shed rated as the best restaurant in London

• Thanks
Reactions: Exit35
I didn't know we weren't allowed to comment on or debate a film/franchises quality in these threads? I haven't posted anything along the lines of spoilers, just shared my opinion (as have others). Other than the fact there have been 2 steelbooks announced, a 4k and a 3d, there would be no other conversation in this thread if we can only strictly talk about the tin packaging that's gonna house this when its released

Regardless, you shouldn't be running round telling people to "piss off" anywhere or pressing the mods to move people along because YOU are unhappy with it. There has been no intervention this past week so it's clearly not a big problem.

I didn't know we weren't allowed to comment on or debate a film/franchises quality in these threads? I haven't posted anything along the lines of spoilers, just shared my opinion (as have others). Other than the fact there have been 2 steelbooks announced, a 4k and a 3d, there would be no other conversation in this thread if we can only strictly talk about the tin packaging that's gonna house this when its released

Regardless, you shouldn't be running round telling people to "piss off" anywhere or pressing the mods to move people along because YOU are unhappy with it. There has been no intervention this past week so it's clearly not a big problem.

Let's just move on from this endless discussion about how the movie failed you...:thumbs:

Back on topic, please! ;)

Your wish is my command.

TBC (Germany - Amazon.de) . . . first proper visual for the WWA is as surprising as it is pleasing:-
View attachment 350741

This looks like the Blufans Steelbook release that we will all be signing up to:)

With regards to the WWA Zavvi Steelbook - no doubt it will be a close up of Rey’s head with a blue lightsaber on one side of the steel and a close up of Luke Skywalker (with a green sea cow milk beard) on the other side on a white matt background with red writing
:thumbs: