Vancouver Canada
Release date: March 27, 2018
Purchase links: English - Bilingual
Price: CDN $44.99

02.jpg

01.jpg 01b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I really need to say "Ordered" ? :D

I think the UK release will be the popular version this time around.
Includes 3D and a title on the spine unlike The Force Awakens.

Doesn't look like there is a 3D release of any kind in Canada.
So the UK version is probably gonna be popular with the ebayers in North America.

I think the UK release will be the popular version this time around.
Includes 3D and a title on the spine unlike The Force Awakens.

Doesn't look like there is a 3D release of any kind in Canada.
So the UK version is probably gonna be popular with the ebayers in North America.
Pretty sure that 3D is dead (in Blu-ray format, NOT in theaters) in USA&Canada. All recent release were all about 4K.

I ordered both editions (from Canada & UK) because I want to be sure to have a title on the spine.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Pretty sure that 3D is dead (in Blu-ray format, NOT in theaters) in USA&Canada. All recent release were all about 4K.

I ordered both editions (from Canada & UK) because I want to be sure to have a title on the spine.

Would they dare release it without a title on the spine in Canada?
I know they have had such releases before, but for a Star Wars movie? :wow:

@Drum18 @Shadow of Light Can you guys push for matching art on the BB forums? :notworthy:

cc @tridon @SavageAmusement @Netclone Check it out guys
You do are fully aware that we (the fans) have NOTHING to say about the art chosen... 100% from/by Disney executives.... They'll probably do a WWA and with/without spine depending on the market...

And then, Blufans will get a WEA as it seems that Disney China is wayyyy more "business open-minded" than Disney USA/Europe...

You do are fully aware that we (the fans) have NOTHING to say about the art chosen... 100% from/by Disney executives.... They'll probably do a WWA and with/without spine depending on the market...

And then, Blufans will get a WEA as it seems that Disney China is wayyyy more "business open-minded" than Disney USA/Europe...

The amaray will be the poster art. The WEA for Blufans will be similar to the poster art.
Which means they will use the poster art on a slip.

The WWA will not be the poster art.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing

I know that 100% but what i meant was, just putting the word out there to whomever is potentially reading/listening. I know people have mentioned things like that in the BB forums before. May be it was just luck that it happened but still nothing wrong with a bit of hope, right?. Sorry I wasnt clear before :p

@AlienKing would love to, but this is Disney we are talking about. I think we got really lucky with the FF8 steelbook. We can only hope they continue with the last two of the series and don't screw us up with the finish line in sight!

Cheers!
I know, we can only hope. But my thinking is that the more we speak up or communicate, the more chances of someone taking notice, right?

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17

err....not worried what's on or off the spine, its what's on the disc....... 3D for me!

err....not worried what's on or off the spine, its what's on the disc....... 3D for me!

I'm positive the Canadian version will have a title on the spine. I doubt that after 8 Star Wars steelbook releases they would leave the title off of this one.

Added confirmed artwork to OP.
While I'm definitely thrilled that they're going with this type of poster artwork, it really pisses me off that the other films don't match. At least with TFA, they should have gone with this style so the new trilogy would match.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
Ah crap. Art work is good but i dont like how it doesnt match.

While I'm definitely thrilled that they're going with this type of poster artwork, it really pisses me off that the other films don't match. At least with TFA, they should have gone with this style so the new trilogy would match.
We might have to end up importing to match. That is, IF someone releases a matching steelbook...