STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
I'm down with waiting for Rey with a saber, but what do you do about BB-8? Assume Sideshow will rerelease it on a new base down the road like the droids? Is Kylo going to have the same helmet in the next movie? Pretty sure it got blown up with Starkiller base.

Floating shelves are a great idea, you could line them along the top near the ceiling all the way around your place.

I'm the same with my cable. Plus I waste so much time just watching shows I've seen a hundred times or sports when I own a ton of movies I've never seen that I could be watching. Plus an extra $80 in my pocket every month!

Thanks I'm happy with my hauls. You don't have to worry about paint apps on XM statues! Seriously I'm expecting an unboxing video when you get your first one.

Thanks! The statue is huge, pretty sure the hand is the same size as mine. It was freaking heavy too! I don't know that I'll get all of them, one can dream though. I got this one for $850 shipped, still crazy but not terrible. I've sold a bunch of stuff lately so if you use the money already in your PayPal it feels like you're not really paying anything for it, ha. That's how I justify it. :p

One guy just bought framing wire and a wall hook, seems simple enough.

If you like the pops I think you need the Luke/rancor, I've seen that one before and thought it looked cool.

Ha! Thats a hilarious way to look at it. Just keep selling old statues and using your Paypal balance to pay for new ones. Unlimited free statues for life! :LOL:

I guess I'm not that huge of a BB-8 fan because if he is ridiculously priced I'd have no problem passing on him. I think he's cool, but not 3po and R2 kind of cool. At least not yet anyways. I'm sure Kylo will look quite a bit different in VIII and maybe again in IX. Maybe he won't even use a helmet anymore, he'll just show off his scarred up face. I'm definitely sticking with my TFA Kylo because that design definitely will always remind me of my TFA hype.

I think the floating shelves around the room would be a cool idea. But that also sounds like 100+ more Pops :ohno:. I'm going to wait until after R1 comes out before I decide if I'm going to buy anymore SW Pops. Right now I'm not planning on buying any Pop SW character that I already have in PF form. Except for Vader because I already did. S**t! LOL.

Ha! Thats a hilarious way to look at it. Just keep selling old statues and using your Paypal balance to pay for new ones. Unlimited free statues for life! :LOL:

I guess I'm not that huge of a BB-8 fan because if he is ridiculously priced I'd have no problem passing on him. I think he's cool, but not 3po and R2 kind of cool. At least not yet anyways. I'm sure Kylo will look quite a bit different in VIII and maybe again in IX. Maybe he won't even use a helmet anymore, he'll just show off his scarred up face. I'm definitely sticking with my TFA Kylo because that design definitely will always remind me of my TFA hype.

I think the floating shelves around the room would be a cool idea. But that also sounds like 100+ more Pops :ohno:. I'm going to wait until after R1 comes out before I decide if I'm going to buy anymore SW Pops. Right now I'm not planning on buying any Pop SW character that I already have in PF form. Except for Vader because I already did. S**t! LOL.

It's my way of justifying my addiction, ha ha.

I'm interested to see if Kylo's appearance changes or if he just goes no helmet for now on. I'm sure there will be some subtle differences I don't notice just like with Vader.

So no more pops for a month and a half? We shall see...;)

It's my way of justifying my addiction, ha ha.

I'm interested to see if Kylo's appearance changes or if he just goes no helmet for now on. I'm sure there will be some subtle differences I don't notice just like with Vader.

So no more pops for a month and a half? We shall see...;)

I'm thinking we are going to see bigger variations of the changes between Kylo's new outfits than we did with Vaders. I could be way off though and he might wear the exact same thing lol. I wouldn't be against that either, I think the outfit looks freaking awesome as is.

Ha! Well, no more SW ones at least :LOL:. (I'm laughing on the outside but crying on the inside :rofl:). They just don't look cool by themselves, you've gotta have a bunch. First I had 2, then 3, then 5 and then 10. I don't know what the hell happened so fast. Now I want to get X-Men and Batman Pop collections started :ohno:. I gotta go, I gotta call the addiction hot line fast this is getting scary :LOL:.

Thats probably what I should do too, just wait till she has her saber.

You guys need to encourage me to sell these things off, not tell me how good they would look on a nice display :rofl:.

At first people weren't getting any kind of a response so they were already contacting their CC companies about getting refunds, but then a few days later Prop Shop chimed in and let everyone know they'd get full refunds.

I still like my first Maul. It was the first SW PF that I bought, so its kinda sentimental. Maybe I'll just end up keeping mine.

I'm keeping everything I have of MAUL, even if that means selling everything else. Except Vader of course, lol!

Haha! I'm serious man. A wall of floating shelves lined with SW pops would be badass!

I love her design from TFA, but it wouldn't fit in my new direction. EPVIII should have a cool outfit, maybe even the one from the end of TFA, and no doubt a lightsaber.

I'm down with waiting for Rey with a saber, but what do you do about BB-8? Assume Sideshow will rerelease it on a new base down the road like the droids? Is Kylo going to have the same helmet in the next movie? Pretty sure it got blown up with Starkiller base.

Floating shelves are a great idea, you could line them along the top near the ceiling all the way around your place.

I'm the same with my cable. Plus I waste so much time just watching shows I've seen a hundred times or sports when I own a ton of movies I've never seen that I could be watching. Plus an extra $80 in my pocket every month!

Thanks I'm happy with my hauls. You don't have to worry about paint apps on XM statues! Seriously I'm expecting an unboxing video when you get your first one.

Thanks! The statue is huge, pretty sure the hand is the same size as mine. It was freaking heavy too! I don't know that I'll get all of them, one can dream though. I got this one for $850 shipped, still crazy but not terrible. I've sold a bunch of stuff lately so if you use the money already in your PayPal it feels like you're not really paying anything for it, ha. That's how I justify it. :p

One guy just bought framing wire and a wall hook, seems simple enough.

If you like the pops I think you need the Luke/rancor, I've seen that one before and thought it looked cool.

Thats how I justify it too, lol! Although, the money has been going to bike parts and maintenance.

Yeah man, you can definitely expect a vid. Love that you are getting XM products. It further solidifies my decision to make their products my priority.

I'm with you on BB8. R2 did stuff. BB8 was just there. Not a hater fwiw.

I'm keeping everything I have of MAUL, even if that means selling everything else. Except Vader of course, lol!

Haha! I'm serious man. A wall of floating shelves lined with SW pops would be badass!

I love her design from TFA, but it wouldn't fit in my new direction. EPVIII should have a cool outfit, maybe even the one from the end of TFA, and no doubt a lightsaber.

Thats how I justify it too, lol! Although, the money has been going to bike parts and maintenance.

Yeah man, you can definitely expect a vid. Love that you are getting XM products. It further solidifies my decision to make their products my priority.

I'm with you on BB8. R2 did stuff. BB8 was just there. Not a hater fwiw.

I agree the floating Pop shelves would look badass. I'm still undecided if thats a collection I actually want to invest in though.

Her outfit at the end of VII is so perfect. If she's wearing that during most of VIII I'll be very satisfied.

I'm definitely not a BB-8 hater either, but he's got a ways to go to reach the iconic level of the original droids IMO.

Check out this guys life sized Kylo: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175362&p=8949761&viewfull=1#post8949761 :OMG:. i need to stop collecting everything else and completely switch my focus to doing something like this.

I agree the floating Pop shelves would look badass. I'm still undecided if thats a collection I actually want to invest in though.

Her outfit at the end of VII is so perfect. If she's wearing that during most of VIII I'll be very satisfied.

I'm definitely not a BB-8 hater either, but he's got a ways to go to reach the iconic level of the original droids IMO.

Check out this guys life sized Kylo: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175362&p=8949761&viewfull=1#post8949761 :OMG:. i need to stop collecting everything else and completely switch my focus to doing something like this.

I'm with you on that man. Brent has always had an awesome display with life-size stuff.

Agreed. I hope we get that outfit next movie too. I imagine we will get a few different outfits with her.

If you go further with the POP's floating shelves would be the way to go Imo.

I'm with you on that man. Brent has always had an awesome display with life-size stuff.

Agreed. I hope we get that outfit next movie too. I imagine we will get a few different outfits with her.

If you go further with the POP's floating shelves would be the way to go Imo.

He really does. I really like his life size Vader too. I wish I had room for stuff like that.

I'm wondering if she'll end up with multiple hairstyles too.

If I do a Pop collection I will definitely do the floating shelves. :thumbs:

How's the weather out there by you? Its November 1st and its freaking 70 degrees outside here! I love it!

He really does. I really like his life size Vader too. I wish I had room for stuff like that.

I'm wondering if she'll end up with multiple hairstyles too.

If I do a Pop collection I will definitely do the floating shelves. :thumbs:

How's the weather out there by you? Its November 1st and its freaking 70 degrees outside here! I love it!

I hate you right now, LOL! It's rainy and cold here. No bueno for riding. Enjoy it man.

I would say yes. Even if they don't go crazy like with Padme, Leia still had a few different styles.

I know! I need one life size piece. Some day.

Holy s*** now THAT'S a setup! Loving all the Star Wars stuff. Great work dude. :thumbs:

LOL! Thanks man. Some changes coming. ;)

I hate you right now, LOL! It's rainy and cold here. No bueno for riding. Enjoy it man.

I would say yes. Even if they don't go crazy like with Padme, Leia still had a few different styles.

I know! I need one life size piece. Some day.

LOL! Thanks man. Some changes coming. ;)

Ha ha! :D It was so awesome yesterday.

Well she has to at least have a few different styles like her aunt and grandma ;).

I wonder where he gets the mannequins from. I would almost think that if I could find out how to make one of these and if it was semi-affordable I'd find a way to fit one into the collection.

Ha ha! :D It was so awesome yesterday.

Well she has to at least have a few different styles like her aunt and grandma ;).

I wonder where he gets the mannequins from. I would almost think that if I could find out how to make one of these and if it was semi-affordable I'd find a way to fit one into the collection.

Yeah, and you can build slowly. Get the mannequin, get the outfit, get the helmet, boots, saber, etc. I think Entertainment Earth sells or has sold mannequins, but not sure if they would be the same height as Driver.

Haha! Even my subconscious thinks she's a Skywalker.

Okay you guys are right that BB-8 is nowhere near as cool as R2-D2. I think R2 was somehow gifted with the force, ha ha.

Dang that life size Kylo is great! Where does he get his costumes from? I bet you could get mannequins around town if you went and asked department stores (especially if they are going out of business).

It's been fairly warm here still. It was really windy on Halloween night so my ears were freezing. I brought the nephews trick or treating with my brother. How was your guys' Halloween? Here we are all dressed up, I obviously spent way more money on my costume. :p Not sure why my lightsaber looks pink there, must have been the sun.

14956514_10153941667367401_4980652347452123254_n.jpg

Yeah, and you can build slowly. Get the mannequin, get the outfit, get the helmet, boots, saber, etc. I think Entertainment Earth sells or has sold mannequins, but not sure if they would be the same height as Driver.

Haha! Even my subconscious thinks she's a Skywalker.

I keep forgetting how tall Driver is. That might be a bit of a challenge to find one that tall.

If she ends up not being a Skywalker and just some random girl I'm gonna be pissed LOL.

Okay you guys are right that BB-8 is nowhere near as cool as R2-D2. I think R2 was somehow gifted with the force, ha ha.

Dang that life size Kylo is great! Where does he get his costumes from? I bet you could get mannequins around town if you went and asked department stores (especially if they are going out of business).

It's been fairly warm here still. It was really windy on Halloween night so my ears were freezing. I brought the nephews trick or treating with my brother. How was your guys' Halloween? Here we are all dressed up, I obviously spent way more money on my costume. :p Not sure why my lightsaber looks pink there, must have been the sun.

Holy crap! Awesome SW Halloween costume party! Your outfit turned out really awesome :thumbs:! And its totally making me want to get one now!

I had a completely uneventful Halloween, just ate some candy lol.

I think R2 can totally use the force. He's definitely an undercover Jedi LOL!

I guess I could ask around for mannequins. "Excuse me do you have any spare mannequins I could buy?" Then the salesman would probably think I'd want a female one for some bizarre fetish thing or something, then I'd have to say "oh no, I'm actually looking for a man one" :facepalm::LOL:. I think that would have to be something I'd order online just to avoid any and all awkward conversations that could come up when trying to buy one from a store lol.

I keep forgetting how tall Driver is. That might be a bit of a challenge to find one that tall.

If she ends up not being a Skywalker and just some random girl I'm gonna be pissed LOL.

Holy crap! Awesome SW Halloween costume party! Your outfit turned out really awesome :thumbs:! And its totally making me want to get one now!

I guess I could ask around for mannequins. "Excuse me do you have any spare mannequins I could buy?" Then the salesman would probably think I'd want a female one for some bizarre fetish thing or something, then I'd have to say "oh no, I'm actually looking for a man one" :facepalm::LOL:. I think that would have to be something I'd order online just to avoid any and all awkward conversations that could come up when trying to buy one from a store lol.

What if Rey ends up being a Kenobi or a Palpatine...?

I think everyone should own a Jedi costume, it's good for life! Ha ha.

I'm sure you could ask where they get their mannequins and if they have any extras they would sell you (or if they would order you one next time they place an order). I was just thinking that would be cheaper than shipping one to yourself. I saw Sideshow wants like $8K for their life size stormtrooper. It would definitely be cheaper to just buy armor you could wear and put it on a mannequin.

I'm sure you could ask where they get their mannequins and if they have any extras they would sell you (or if they would order you one next time they place an order). I was just thinking that would be cheaper than shipping one to yourself. I saw Sideshow wants like $8K for their life size stormtrooper. It would definitely be cheaper to just buy armor you could wear and put it on a mannequin.

I can't believe the price they want for that thing. I would think a very decent life size Stormtrooper could be built for a couple grand or less. I really don't see a lot of people buying this.

I think you're right, it would definitely be cheaper to see if I could pick one up from somewhere locally rather than shipping the thing. Unless I buy a few of them in bulk to get a shipping discount lol. I'd love to replace a lot of my SW PFs with life sized versions instead. If only I had the room

I think I'd be okay if she's a Kenobi or Palpatine, but if she ends up being some random girl I just don't think I'd believe it. Everyone from the core SW saga has to be related somehow lol.

I could also get a mannequin for a Jedi costume that I could just throw on the thing when I'm not using it.

I can't believe the price they want for that thing. I would think a very decent life size Stormtrooper could be built for a couple grand or less. I really don't see a lot of people buying this.

I think you're right, it would definitely be cheaper to see if I could pick one up from somewhere locally rather than shipping the thing. Unless I buy a few of them in bulk to get a shipping discount lol. I'd love to replace a lot of my SW PFs with life sized versions instead. If only I had the room

I think I'd be okay if she's a Kenobi or Palpatine, but if she ends up being some random girl I just don't think I'd believe it. Everyone from the core SW saga has to be related somehow lol.

I could also get a mannequin for a Jedi costume that I could just throw on the thing when I'm not using it.

She has to be related to someone, it's Star Wars! I'm so excited to get more of the story, Episode VIII feels so far away!

I think Sideshow's life size statues are made for the 1% who are loaded and can pay for the convenience of not having to put the figure together themselves.

Did you watch the new Wonder Woman trailer?

She has to be related to someone, it's Star Wars! I'm so excited to get more of the story, Episode VIII feels so far away!

I think Sideshow's life size statues are made for the 1% who are loaded and can pay for the convenience of not having to put the figure together themselves.

I thought the WW trailer actually looked kind of good there. It was much better than I was expecting at least. But I'm not 100% sure if I'll be seeing it in the theater yet, or just waiting for the Blu. I'll at least wait to see how it gets received before deciding.

I hope we get an Ep VIII teaser soon. I'm not expecting to see anything before Rogue One comes out, as that will just further confuse fans that already think that Rogue One is Episode VIII and that Rey has been recast with a different actress :LOL:. Its funny because at just over one month away I still see people that think this. I think Disney/LFL have done a pretty bad job marketing to the casual SW fan that R1 as a spinoff set before Ep. IV. Putting the Death Star and Darth Vader in the trailer isn't enough for these people lol.

Thats probably who they are. But its sad that their life sized statues don't look as good as some that are just put together with a costume put on a mannequin. Have you seen the in hand pics of SS's life size Boba? His helmet doesn't come down his neck nearly far enough and looks terrible without cutting the pole that goes down into the neck. No body should have to modify their $8000+ statue to make it look right.

attachment.php

Love this pic man! I was actually impressed with how many people dressed up Star Wars for Halloween. Lots of familys, lots of Vader, Rey, and Kylo's. A ton of TCW Anakins too. I saw one kid who I thought was dressed up as Rebel Pilot Luke, but he said he was Wedge! LMAO! Wedge getting the Halloween love.

Well, R2 did have the Chosen One working on him alot. LOL!

I found a place online that sells mannequins for about $100. They even have 6'2" mannequins, and shipping is about 30 bucks to my place.

https://www.storesupply.com/c-609-mannequins.aspx

Crazy! They're crazy! No one is going to buy that crap. You can build a better and cheaper one. And, if you get a posable mannequin, you can pose it how you want.

I really hope she is a Palpatine. That would be awesome! I saw a fan theory on YouTube about her being a Palpatine. Made some valid points.

Haven't yet. Been skipping it until I can watch it in my room. Speaking of which, I updated the display. No more doubling up (bad cell pic)

14915425_1775036486089277_4278319899650576148_n.jpg

I thought the WW trailer actually looked kind of good there. It was much better than I was expecting at least. But I'm not 100% sure if I'll be seeing it in the theater yet, or just waiting for the Blu. I'll at least wait to see how it gets received before deciding.

I hope we get an Ep VIII teaser soon. I'm not expecting to see anything before Rogue One comes out, as that will just further confuse fans that already think that Rogue One is Episode VIII and that Rey has been recast with a different actress :LOL:. Its funny because at just over one month away I still see people that think this. I think Disney/LFL have done a pretty bad job marketing to the casual SW fan that R1 as a spinoff set before Ep. IV. Putting the Death Star and Darth Vader in the trailer isn't enough for these people lol.

Thats probably who they are. But its sad that their life sized statues don't look as good as some that are just put together with a costume put on a mannequin. Have you seen the in hand pics of SS's life size Boba? His helmet doesn't come down his neck nearly far enough and looks terrible without cutting the pole that goes down into the neck. No body should have to modify their $8000+ statue to make it look right.

attachment.php

That is f'ing terrible! I'd be pissed! Hell, I get pissed over a $400 PF. That there would drive me insane!

I bet a teaser for EPVIII is dropped with Rogue One. Would make sense.

I'll for sure see WW in the theater. Still the highlight of BvS IMO.

Love this pic man! I was actually impressed with how many people dressed up Star Wars for Halloween. Lots of familys, lots of Vader, Rey, and Kylo's. A ton of TCW Anakins too. I saw one kid who I thought was dressed up as Rebel Pilot Luke, but he said he was Wedge! LMAO! Wedge getting the Halloween love.

I found a place online that sells mannequins for about $100. They even have 6'2" mannequins, and shipping is about 30 bucks to my place.

Crazy! They're crazy! No one is going to buy that crap. You can build a better and cheaper one. And, if you get a posable mannequin, you can pose it how you want.

I really hope she is a Palpatine. That would be awesome! I saw a fan theory on YouTube about her being a Palpatine. Made some valid points.

Haven't yet. Been skipping it until I can watch it in my room. Speaking of which, I updated the display. No more doubling up (bad cell pic)

That is f'ing terrible! I'd be pissed! Hell, I get pissed over a $400 PF. That there would drive me insane!

Yes! I see you've embraced my 1 statue per cube policy! :D With all kidding aside, that really looks fantastic! I think these things display best when they are given room to breathe in their own cubes, instead of being crammed in there. It allows you to really focus on the details of each individual piece, and really classes them up. Looks really awesome buddy! :thumbs:

Gotta love Wedge getting some well deserved Halloween love!

I was not expecting mannequins to be that cheap for some reason. Thats really affordable. A 6'2" mannequin would work pretty well for Kylo for sure. I'm now really beginning to contemplate this...

Rey being a Palpatine would be pretty cool. Its definitely a plot I could get behind.

attachment.php

Oh man, that looks terrible! I would have been so mad!

I've had to explain to a few people the timeline of this new Star Wars movie, I guess everyone isn't as hardcore as us, ha.

I'll probably go see Wonder Woman in the theaters. Are you guys going to Doctor Strange?

A kid knew who Wedge was?! That makes my day. I would have given him all the candy I had.

I LOVE your display like that. The one statue per cube looks amazing. I wish I could display my statues like that. Stupid over large bases on the DC statues! Maybe XM will make normal size bases and I can switch back to Bestas. Of course their Sandman is still way too wide. Sigh. Maybe it's a sign I should only collect Star Wars, ha.

Yes! I see you've embraced my 1 statue per cube policy! :D With all kidding aside, that really looks fantastic! I think these things display best when they are given room to breathe in their own cubes, instead of being crammed in there. It allows you to really focus on the details of each individual piece, and really classes them up. Looks really awesome buddy! :thumbs:

Gotta love Wedge getting some well deserved Halloween love!

I was not expecting mannequins to be that cheap for some reason. Thats really affordable. A 6'2" mannequin would work pretty well for Kylo for sure. I'm now really beginning to contemplate this...

Rey being a Palpatine would be pretty cool. Its definitely a plot I could get behind.

Would you get the Kylo costume from Anovos if you did that? I see their ensemble is $3,100. Would still be less than half the price Sideshow would charge...