STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
I saw that yesterday and figured you'd be excited. Do I need to look for variant issues for you? I was in a money spending mood at the comic book store this weekend and bought the first Vader trade.

Dang man you're really putting the miles on Maul!

What kind of dimensions do you have in mind for a display case? I wish my basement ceilings were tall enough for the tall PAX!

I can't even begin to understand how they came up with Deadpool's price, it's insane! And with their edition sizes it's not worth paying that much because it won't hold value.

I think I'll probably just wait for the trade. I was thinking of picking up each issue, but with how rarely I actually go to comic book stores, I'll just wait till I can get the whole story at once. Let me know how Vader is, thats one I was considering getting into and they already ended the series. I think there are only 4 or 5 volumes so it wouldn't require all that much reading to get through the whole thing. And you know how hard it is to get me to read something :LOL:.

I'm hoping not a lot of people order Deadpool and they are stuck with that thing in the warehouse for years. There was already an employee who said it has already become one of their top sellers. I'm not buying that for a second.

I think I'll probably just wait for the trade. I was thinking of picking up each issue, but with how rarely I actually go to comic book stores, I'll just wait till I can get the whole story at once. Let me know how Vader is, thats one I was considering getting into and they already ended the series. I think there are only 4 or 5 volumes so it wouldn't require all that much reading to get through the whole thing. And you know how hard it is to get me to read something :LOL:.

I'm hoping not a lot of people order Deadpool and they are stuck with that thing in the warehouse for years. There was already an employee who said it has already become one of their top sellers. I'm not buying that for a second.

I can't do individual issues either. I started a pull list with Rebirth then forgot about it for 2 months and dropped $50 on comics because there were so many by that point. I immediately stopped it! I prefer trades on my shelf over digging through long boxes.

I'll let you know how Vader is as soon as I finish Ultimate Spider-Man, still working through that! I can say I enjoyed the first two volumes of Marvel's series just titled Star Wars.

Maybe he was referring to the Hot Toys Deadpool, ha. Sideshow has pushed me towards XM with that new price point!

I can't do individual issues either. I started a pull list with Rebirth then forgot about it for 2 months and dropped $50 on comics because there were so many by that point. I immediately stopped it! I prefer trades on my shelf over digging through long boxes.

I'll let you know how Vader is as soon as I finish Ultimate Spider-Man, still working through that! I can say I enjoyed the first two volumes of Marvel's series just titled Star Wars.

Maybe he was referring to the Hot Toys Deadpool, ha. Sideshow has pushed me towards XM with that new price point!

Ha! He probably was so he could always say he wasn't lying lol. There are already 3 threads on StatueForum that are about people complaining on the Deadpool price. People really aren't laying down on this one, I think they want to make it clear to SS that they are priced out.

I really prefer trades too. It makes organizing everything so much easier.

I haven't read anything in awhile. I'm wondering what I should get into next, something from Marvel, or the obvious choice more Batman :D. I also want to check out that Marvel Star Wars series you read too.

Ha! He probably was so he could always say he wasn't lying lol. There are already 3 threads on StatueForum that are about people complaining on the Deadpool price. People really aren't laying down on this one, I think they want to make it clear to SS that they are priced out.

I really prefer trades too. It makes organizing everything so much easier.

I haven't read anything in awhile. I'm wondering what I should get into next, something from Marvel, or the obvious choice more Batman :D. I also want to check out that Marvel Star Wars series you read too.

People have been complaining for a while, hopefully they actually stop buying. I'm pretty turned off by Sideshow at this point. I'm going to be really choosy with them from now on.

Can I vote what you should read next? Ha! I'm going to let you guys vote on what I read next as soon as I finish Ultimate Spider-Man.

What's your plans on going to Rogue One? I'm getting ready to start planning that out. I lost a bet to my coworker so I have to buy his ticket, he better want to go opening night!

People have been complaining for a while, hopefully they actually stop buying. I'm pretty turned off by Sideshow at this point. I'm going to be really choosy with them from now on.

Can I vote what you should read next? Ha! I'm going to let you guys vote on what I read next as soon as I finish Ultimate Spider-Man.

What's your plans on going to Rogue One? I'm getting ready to start planning that out. I lost a bet to my coworker so I have to buy his ticket, he better want to go opening night!

I thought these things were crazy priced at $400. I still think there is something wrong with me paying even that much for these things, my friends agree :LOL:. I'm trying to think what it would take or what character it would have to be for me to pull the trigger at $700. I still haven't made the XM leap yet, bit if $700 becomes the SS standard price, I would more than likely make the leap to XM if I wanted to continue buying statues. SS just can't deliver the quality that a $700 piece demands. But I've seen XM stuff going up too from the few places in the US where I can order them. I'm not on FB so I can't get one through any of the sellers from the statue groups, and I don't know if I'd trust eBay enough to go P.O. from a seller on there. I really want their new Venom statue, but the cheapest I've seen if for so far is $2K. And if I couldn't talk myself into $2K for a 1:2 Maul there is no way I'm spending $2K on any quarter scale character.

You can definitely make a suggestion! Just don't pick anything thats nearly 2000 pages lol. I was actually thinking of picking up a Spidey TPB, or maybe going through my old comics and see what I've got and reread a few of my favorites.

As of now I'm planning on going to see Rogue One on the 21st. One of my best SW buddies is coming home for Xmas vacation and I told him I'd wait till he gets here so we could go see it the first day he gets here. I'm way more stoked for it than I was a few months ago. My hype isn't quite as high as it was for TFA, but its getting there.

Last edited:
I thought these things were crazy priced at $400. I still think there is something wrong with me paying even that much for these things, my friends agree :LOL:. I'm trying to think what it would take or what character it would have to be for me to pull the trigger at $700. I still haven't made the XM leap yet, bit if $700 becomes the SS standard price, I would more than likely make the leap to XM if I wanted to continue buying statues. SS just can't deliver the quality that a $700 piece demands. But I've seen XM stuff going up too from the few places in the US where I can order them. I'm not on FB so I can't get one through any of the sellers from the statue groups, and I don't know if I'd trust eBay enough to go P.O. from a seller on there. I really want their new Venom statue, but the cheapest I've seen if for so far is $2K. And if I couldn't talk myself into $2K for a 1:2 Maul there is no way I'm spending $2K on any quarter scale character.

You can definitely make a suggestion! Just don't pick anything thats nearly 2000 pages lol. I was actually thinking of picking up a Spidey TPB, or maybe going through my old comics and see what I've got and reread a few of my favorites.

As of now I'm planning on going to see Rogue One on the 21st. One of my best SW buddies is coming home for Xmas vacation and I told him I'd wait till he gets here so we could go see it the first day he gets here. I'm way more stoked for it than I was a few months ago. My hype isn't quite as high as it was for TFA, but its getting there.

Ha ha, just buy your first XM piece and don't think about the cost. ;) That Venom is going to be one of the more sought after pieces I think so it's price is going to be high unfortunately. I wonder how long it will be before we finally see more Star Wars stuff from them...or the start of the DC line.

I'm guessing you've read all the essentials like Kingdom Come, Planet Hulk, Old Man Logan, Death/Return of Superman, and all that good stuff? You could read Blackest Night! Or you should just check out some of Marvel's Star Wars stuff.

Does this get you a little more excited about Rogue One?

807068f58e7245c0b8f720637df6a50e.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ha ha, just buy your first XM piece and don't think about the cost. ;) That Venom is going to be one of the more sought after pieces I think so it's price is going to be high unfortunately. I wonder how long it will be before we finally see more Star Wars stuff from them...or the start of the DC line.

I'm guessing you've read all the essentials like Kingdom Come, Planet Hulk, Old Man Logan, Death/Return of Superman, and all that good stuff? You could read Blackest Night! Or you should just check out some of Marvel's Star Wars stuff.

Does this get you a little more excited about Rogue One?

807068f58e7245c0b8f720637df6a50e.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ha! I totally should just buy one. Money is just paper after all :LOL:. Its hard for me to pick just one XM piece. They have so many awesome villains out there but I don't have the hero to go with any of them. And I know most of the main characters I'd want are the ones that are going for insane amounts. I'd consider their upcoming Spider-Man but that will probably end up as expensive as Venom. I could wait till they start rolling out their DC stuff and see if they up their ES by then so they are priced within reason. If their Batman turns out awesome I could maybe see myself dropping a grand on that one.

I think I'm going to go with a SW comic. I haven't bought a tpb in quite awhile, I think I'll order a few this weekend.

Whoo! Those Rogue One HTs look awesome! Almost as awesome as my R1 Funko Pops! ;)

Is it me or does he actually have real hair with a real haircut? :wow:

Ha! I totally should just buy one. Money is just paper after all :LOL:. Its hard for me to pick just one XM piece. They have so many awesome villains out there but I don't have the hero to go with any of them. And I know most of the main characters I'd want are the ones that are going for insane amounts. I'd consider their upcoming Spider-Man but that will probably end up as expensive as Venom. I could wait till they start rolling out their DC stuff and see if they up their ES by then so they are priced within reason. If their Batman turns out awesome I could maybe see myself dropping a grand on that one.

I think I'm going to go with a SW comic. I haven't bought a tpb in quite awhile, I think I'll order a few this weekend.

Whoo! Those Rogue One HTs look awesome! Almost as awesome as my R1 Funko Pops! ;)

Is it me or does he actually have real hair with a real haircut? :wow:

Ha, I was curious about his hair when I saw it too! It looks real!

Who needs money? It's meant to be spent right? :p I actually like Sideshow's Spider-Man better than XM's so far. I have a feeling Batman will be expensive, you Batman fans are crazy. ;)

Have you bought any new pops lately?

Ha, I was curious about his hair when I saw it too! It looks real!

Who needs money? It's meant to be spent right? :p I actually like Sideshow's Spider-Man better than XM's so far. I have a feeling Batman will be expensive, you Batman fans are crazy. ;)

Have you bought any new pops lately?

Is it? I still can't tell lol.

Hey, I'm not the crazy one that already spent thousands on XM stuff :p. I think I'll look at myself as the responsible ridiculous spending Batman fan ;). I still haven't spent over $500 on any single piece, once I factor in discounts. I really want an XM piece but its hard for me to dedicate a grand to it. I think the Lizard and Venom ones are my favorite to date.

Thankfully it seems I've managed to halt the Pop addiction for now. Its not that I don't want more, but I'm not sure I want to dedicate the space for more Pop collections.

• Thanks
Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
So are you going to be going with custom cabinets for the XM stuff? If so that would be awesome! I don't think there is anything from Ikea that would fit most of that stuff anyways, but I wasn't sure if you were just going to get some table or pedestal setups with some custom cut acrylic cases for them.

Vader totally looks lost in the new trailer :rofl:. At first I thought just getting a big dude to play him would work, but now I'm not so sure if just a random big dude will be able to pull off David Prowse's mannerisms.

I'm actually shocked at Deadpool's price. I know their prices have been skyrocketing since I've been in your threads complaining for years, but $700 is insane. Kylo is already ridiculous at $570 FFS! $700 is truly insulting.

Maybe if the Maul comic does well we will get a movie or TV show. I'm pretty thrilled though because its pre-TPM Maul which is what I want to see the most.

There has to be! I don't care if it is live action or animated. I just don't read! LOL! If I'm going to have to spend that kind of money on collectibles now, then it will be a piece I have to have regardless if it's $700 or $1400. As of now, XM will be getting my money for Vader, Maul, and Grievous. That's all I plan to buy over the next 3 years.

The walk will be different no matter how hard they try. Just like with Chewie. The guy did a hell of a job, but you can still tell when it isn't Mayhew.

It sounds like the XM stuff is going to be alot bigger than the SS stuff especially with what I read about Maul and Grievous. So, I'll be doing themed pedestals with acrylic covers. No more bestas or figuring out doors and such.

I saw that yesterday and figured you'd be excited. Do I need to look for variant issues for you? I was in a money spending mood at the comic book store this weekend and bought the first Vader trade.

Dang man you're really putting the miles on Maul!

What kind of dimensions do you have in mind for a display case? I wish my basement ceilings were tall enough for the tall PAX!

I can't even begin to understand how they came up with Deadpool's price, it's insane! And with their edition sizes it's not worth paying that much because it won't hold value.

If I do go the display case route again, it won't be a full one like the Bestas. I'll have individual cubes made to size, and just stack the smaller ones on top of the bigger ones. Will make an interesting display and I don't have to worry about what fits and what doesn't. But, so far for now, it'll be pedestals.

I'm hitting the midnight (8pm) showing. I should be able to get my tix soon.

There has to be! I don't care if it is live action or animated. I just don't read! LOL! If I'm going to have to spend that kind of money on collectibles now, then it will be a piece I have to have regardless if it's $700 or $1400. As of now, XM will be getting my money for Vader, Maul, and Grievous. That's all I plan to buy over the next 3 years.

The walk will be different no matter how hard they try. Just like with Chewie. The guy did a hell of a job, but you can still tell when it isn't Mayhew.

It sounds like the XM stuff is going to be alot bigger than the SS stuff especially with what I read about Maul and Grievous. So, I'll be doing themed pedestals with acrylic covers. No more bestas or figuring out doors and such.

If I do go the display case route again, it won't be a full one like the Bestas. I'll have individual cubes made to size, and just stack the smaller ones on top of the bigger ones. Will make an interesting display and I don't have to worry about what fits and what doesn't. But, so far for now, it'll be pedestals.

I'm hitting the midnight (8pm) showing. I should be able to get my tix soon.

Thats a great plan. I just hope XM doesn't release them all on top of each other for you. I can't believe they haven't even released the freaking pics yet.

I really want to see the pics of these things. Just reading the dimensions isn't enough, I want to get a better perspective on how massive these pieces will be.

Have you caught the R1 TV spots they've been releasing? We're less than a month away! The excitement is really starting to set in!

In case I don't get on here before then, have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Thats a great plan. I just hope XM doesn't release them all on top of each other for you. I can't believe they haven't even released the freaking pics yet.

I really want to see the pics of these things. Just reading the dimensions isn't enough, I want to get a better perspective on how massive these pieces will be.

Have you caught the R1 TV spots they've been releasing? We're less than a month away! The excitement is really starting to set in!

In case I don't get on here before then, have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Happy belated Thanksgiving guys! Sorry, I've been MIA. Mom's has taken a turn for the worse, and as of today, they gave her 24-48 hours. So, been up at the hospital alot. Anyway, don't mean to put a downer on things, that's just whats up.

Yeah man, I've caught a few, but stopped because I felt like i was seeing too much. I wish they kept the trailers more like what Edwards did with Godzilla.

Seriously man! Where are the pics?!! Have they even shipped Boba yet?

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
Happy belated Thanksgiving guys! Sorry, I've been MIA. Mom's has taken a turn for the worse, and as of today, they gave her 24-48 hours. So, been up at the hospital alot. Anyway, don't mean to put a downer on things, that's just whats up.

Yeah man, I've caught a few, but stopped because I felt like i was seeing too much. I wish they kept the trailers more like what Edwards did with Godzilla.

Seriously man! Where are the pics?!! Have they even shipped Boba yet?

OMG! Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks man. She's a fighter and hanging on.

Sadly, I just learned I won't be making the midnight showing of Rogue One. Kid has a volleyball awards gig that night, so will have to wait for a matinee on the 16th.

Thats really good to hear!

Don't feel so bad, I'm waiting till the 21st to see it. I just saw a really awesome TV spot for it yesterday with Vader's breathing sound played throughout it. Thats really getting me pumped!

I heard the XM Boba is getting retweaked. They are supposedly fixing his belt because it was out of scale, and they are doing something with the braids.

Thats really good to hear!

Don't feel so bad, I'm waiting till the 21st to see it. I just saw a really awesome TV spot for it yesterday with Vader's breathing sound played throughout it. Thats really getting me pumped!

I heard the XM Boba is getting retweaked. They are supposedly fixing his belt because it was out of scale, and they are doing something with the braids.

Awesome! See! That's how you do it SS! LOL! I doubt we will see more than one SW piece a year from XM. Especially at the scale some of the pieces will be.

Really can't wait to see how R1 plays out. I mean, we know the ending pretty much, but I wonder what happens to Jyn and Co.

Awesome! See! That's how you do it SS! LOL! I doubt we will see more than one SW piece a year from XM. Especially at the scale some of the pieces will be.

Really can't wait to see how R1 plays out. I mean, we know the ending pretty much, but I wonder what happens to Jyn and Co.

I'm kind of shocked we haven't seen more SW stuff from them considering how fast they crank out their Marvel stuff. You could be right though, the complexity of their SW stuff might be the reason why they are so slow with them.

I'm hoping they have the balls to kill everybody off lol. I mean we never saw or heard of these people in ANH, if they were alive I would have thought at least a few of them would have stayed and fought with the Rebels.

Did you see the Iron Studios 1:4 Vader?:

attachment.php

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/f...etc-/176663-iron-studios-1-4-darth-vader.html

Its got a Hoth base, which is so freaking cool! This will definitely make it stand out from a lot of the other Vader stuff out there.

I'm kind of shocked we haven't seen more SW stuff from them considering how fast they crank out their Marvel stuff. You could be right though, the complexity of their SW stuff might be the reason why they are so slow with them.

I'm hoping they have the balls to kill everybody off lol. I mean we never saw or heard of these people in ANH, if they were alive I would have thought at least a few of them would have stayed and fought with the Rebels.

Did you see the Iron Studios 1:4 Vader?:

attachment.php

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/f...etc-/176663-iron-studios-1-4-darth-vader.html

Its got a Hoth base, which is so freaking cool! This will definitely make it stand out from a lot of the other Vader stuff out there.

Dude! I dig it! Especially the pose. The cape looks alot better than the new SS Vader cape too. Nicely tailored. Now, the price!

I'm sure they all die too. That scene with Jyn on the catwalk I think it is where the TIE Flys up in front of her looks like might be her death scene.

I'm shocked too, but let's face it, they don't have to hint or preview anything because people will still want what they make. If they make these SW pieces as epic as it sounds like they are going to be, people will buy no matter.

Dude! I dig it! Especially the pose. The cape looks alot better than the new SS Vader cape too. Nicely tailored. Now, the price!

I'm sure they all die too. That scene with Jyn on the catwalk I think it is where the TIE Flys up in front of her looks like might be her death scene.

I'm shocked too, but let's face it, they don't have to hint or preview anything because people will still want what they make. If they make these SW pieces as epic as it sounds like they are going to be, people will buy no matter.

I'm not gonna lie, I think its my favorite Vader statue ever. But he looks like he would be a massive space hog because of how wide the whole thing must be. I'm wondering how much this is going to cost too.

I'm thinking that could be her death scene too.

Thats true. But I still want to see these things really soon.

And The Most Awkward Pose of the Year Award goes to .... Kotobukiya!:

Rogue-One-Death-Trooper-ARTFX-Statue-002.jpg

o_O Seriously this thing is so terrible it almost makes the SS one look good.

I'm not gonna lie, I think its my favorite Vader statue ever. But he looks like he would be a massive space hog because of how wide the whole thing must be. I'm wondering how much this is going to cost too.

I'm thinking that could be her death scene too.

Thats true. But I still want to see these things really soon.

And The Most Awkward Pose of the Year Award goes to .... Kotobukiya!:

Rogue-One-Death-Trooper-ARTFX-Statue-002.jpg

o_O Seriously this thing is so terrible it almost makes the SS one look good.

Seriously! :wtf: Just give it a pose like in the movie FFS!

It'll be pricey for sure. Hell, those 1/10 ones are pricey. Still, if they can pull it off I'll bite!

Again, sorry for not being around much the last week. Mom passed last Monday, and we are getting things in order. Going to be a weird XMAS.

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99